Crusher Cleal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Sorry guys - just whingeing. There's no point.
I'm going lawn bowls. Talk to you all during the week.

Give it time Ryan. It takes a long time to develop players and they don't just pop up under mushrooms. You have to pick a lot of toadstools before you get a good one!!

I hope so Canteen. I just hope we aren't paying overs for say Kane Cleal through fear that we will lose Crusher's exceptional talent scouting ability.

Fair enough. Kane is still young, insiders to the club say he has a strong work ethic and he was rated highly at Parra.

I feel sorry sometimes for the son of stars as they have a lot to live up to and there is always the suspicion they are there because of Dad's influence.

Yeah, that's going to be pretty tough for my boys to deal with.

I can just see it- "Little Mata - you are a loser!!!!"

Mata Junior- "I know - I am following after my dad!!!" :dance: :dance: :dance:

The comparrison of son's to famous fathers makes wonder if say Andrew John's or Darren Lockyer's father gets hassled by his mates because they didn't have the talent that their sons possess or if Crusher's old man feels outdone by his son

I've still got a lot of time for Cleal Jnr ...... if he could give himself a chance by not being constantly suspended .... he is only young, will "fill out" in future years, has pretty good speed and a bit of mongrel about him ...... give him time

Doesn't mean he's not over weight for a modern day prop. Look at the test/SOO sides for what a prop should be built like.

How is that blinkered?

I don't think parents could ever feel outdone by their children. I know I would be the proudest parent ever! As for Kane, I can tell you he is training his butt off at the moment and has been doing so for weeks! He is really putting in at the moment, so I hope it pays off for him. He has got a really great attitude and his comittment is second to none. He's off to a great start, so hopefully it will carry through for him and his season will be a bit brighter than last. :)

I hope my boy cracks 1st grade this year. His passion and enthusiasm on the field far outweighs King's and Lulu's, even if he does give away some dumb penalties. He will mature into a great prop I'm sure.

I don't think parents could ever feel outdone by their children. I know I would be the proudest parent ever! As for Kane, I can tell you he is training his butt off at the moment and has been doing so for weeks! He is really putting in at the moment, so I hope it pays off for him. He has got a really great attitude and his comittment is second to none. He's off to a great start, so hopefully it will carry through for him and his season will be a bit brighter than last. :)

Kiwigirl my comment was meant as a lighthearted observation on human nature that while some people are quick to judge the son's of famous fathers against the ability of the father (Chad Randall, Scott Fulton for example) not much thought is given as to why the sires of sucessfull children are not judged on their lack of success (just filling in time really)

Its all good Utility Player. I understood what you were saying. Probably just the 'mother' coming out in me. :)

Its all good Utility Player. I understood what you were saying. Probably just the 'mother' coming out in me. :)
hey kiwigirl if i was you i would be hoping brook cracks first grade at another club, imagine coming on here and seeing scallywags like mata carving him, it would be enough for u too smash ure screen ;) ;)

(tongue firmly planted in cheek )

Although, if he plays well, I'd expect that Kiwi Girl could come on here to praise when it is warranted too.

I have my fingers firmly crossed for him. I don't know if I would enjoy the criticism when he doesn't go too well, but both my eyes are open when I watch him so I would understand where it was coming from. I will also be very proud if he does good too! It's up to him now - if he puts in, it will pay off! :)

I have my fingers firmly crossed for him. I don't know if I would enjoy the criticism when he doesn't go too well, but both my eyes are open when I watch him so I would understand where it was coming from. I will also be very proud if he does good too! It's up to him now - if he puts in, it will pay off! :)

It's fantastic to hear you have a head on your shoulders!

Some others dont take things the right way, and he could never be as poor as King and Monas so you dont have much to worry about

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4