Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross Forum NRL discussion [Round 16, 2021] - Lockdown edition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,324

I guess my point is the big 3 and everyone else at the Storm we’re made better, thereby increasing their value, unlike the Rorters who paid overs to steal players from other clubs. Tedesco & Cronk being classic examples….

There is also the argument that they are still benefiting from the salary cap cheating, despite those players having all retired. Gould hammers on about players biding their time with a club, developing either in the lower grades or off the bench, and willing to wait for their opportunity. He is of course trying to get a sneaky message to the Panthers players in order to avoid a mass exodus, but in reality it is almost impossible in a salary cap environment, especially with player's managers almost always going for the short-term payday.

When the Storm were done for cheating, it wasn't just the superstars they were able to keep, it was the depth players. Sure, some of them left when they were supposedly working within the cap, but by keeping their big-name spine players, they were able to retain players who were willing to stay for the opportunity to play beside them, or at the very least, learn from them. They were able to retain players like Munster and play him at fullback when Slater was out, or at five-eighth or off the bench. They were able to convince Grant and Smith to develop in Q-Cup or off the bench knowing that one day Cam Smith would eventually have to retire. And they were able to do the same with Hughes, Paps, and until recently Hynes. And they'll have 3 or 4 younger players who are quite happily learning in Qld cup, despite vulturous player managers circling, for the possibility that they get to play in the same system. All because 14-15 years ago the Storm decided that they did not want to compete on an even playing field, and 11 years ago the NRL was too gutless to punish them accordingly by banning the offending parties from the game.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,327

8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

There is also the argument that they are still benefiting from the salary cap cheating, despite those players having all retired. Gould hammers on about players biding their time with a club, developing either in the lower grades or off the bench, and willing to wait for their opportunity. He is of course trying to get a sneaky message to the Panthers players in order to avoid a mass exodus, but in reality it is almost impossible in a salary cap environment, especially with player's managers almost always going for the short-term payday.

When the Storm were done for cheating, it wasn't just the superstars they were able to keep, it was the depth players. Sure, some of them left when they were supposedly working within the cap, but by keeping their big-name spine players, they were able to retain players who were willing to stay for the opportunity to play beside them, or at the very least, learn from them. They were able to retain players like Munster and play him at fullback when Slater was out, or at five-eighth or off the bench. They were able to convince Grant and Smith to develop in Q-Cup or off the bench knowing that one day Cam Smith would eventually have to retire. And they were able to do the same with Hughes, Paps, and until recently Hynes. And they'll have 3 or 4 younger players who are quite happily learning in Qld cup, despite vulturous player managers circling, for the possibility that they get to play in the same system. All because 14-15 years ago the Storm decided that they did not want to compete on an even playing field, and 11 years ago the NRL was too gutless to punish them accordingly by banning the offending parties from the game.

Signature_Morkel.png

that was over 10 years ago…

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg
Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

Signature_Morkel.png

Also, they benefitted from cheating because when they got caught, like the Dogs and Sharks, they used the siege mentality of their punishment to stay together as a core and get back at the NRL (even though they were the ones fully at fault).

Speaking as a Cowboys fan, the $torm were able to convince Brandon Smith to join them when he appeared to have a much faster pathway to first grade here at the Cowboys (at a time when we had our own great side). But from those close to Smith, he was promised a faster pathway which did not materialise with Cameron playing forever, and Harry Grant's emergence.

There are so many odds things that go on at the $torm, but as long as everybody talks about the Roosters cheating, or the Broncos getting Friday night footy games etc, people conveniently gloss over the very obvious: the Melbourne Storm are frauds.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

1133.jpg

Also, they benefitted from cheating because when they got caught, like the Dogs and Sharks, they used the siege mentality of their punishment to stay together as a core and get back at the NRL (even though they were the ones fully at fault).

Speaking as a Cowboys fan, the $torm were able to convince Brandon Smith to join them when he appeared to have a much faster pathway to first grade here at the Cowboys (at a time when we had our own great side). But from those close to Smith, he was promised a faster pathway which did not materialise with Cameron playing forever, and Harry Grant's emergence.

There are so many odds things that go on at the $torm, but as long as everybody talks about the Roosters cheating, or the Broncos getting Friday night footy games etc, people conveniently gloss over the very obvious: the Melbourne Storm are frauds.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Yep Grant and B.Smith situation stink to high heaven. How do you get two of the best up and coming hooking prospects in the game to happily bide their time in reserve grade for years before MAYBE getting a chance this year.

Stinks of dodgy dealings. Meanwhile we lose Walsh because he couldn't wait a few games, you guys lost Ponga because he certainly wouldn't wait a year but Melbourne can get guys like Grant to wait a few years.

Formerly Broncospwn

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

1133.jpg

There isn't a team in the NRL that hasn't been burned by the Storm's dodgy dealings, so I agree with you. Remember Cam Smith had told everyone that he agreed to terms with the Titans, until out of nowhere the Storm were able to increase their offer in what was now an infamous time for recruitment/retention by them.

Signature_Morkel.png

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

Yep Grant and B.Smith situation stink to high heaven. How do you get two of the best up and coming hooking prospects in the game to happily bide their time in reserve grade for years before MAYBE getting a chance this year.

Stinks of dodgy dealings. Meanwhile we lose Walsh because he couldn't wait a few games, you guys lost Ponga because he certainly wouldn't wait a year but Melbourne can get guys like Grant to wait a few years.

Formerly Broncospwn

It goes on and on doesn't it. When they had Slater, at different times, they had Inglis then Widdop and then Munster as back-up fullbacks.
Then Slater goes and they have Papanhauzen and Hynes.

My understanding is Brandy was actually promised he'd get the spot sooner. So it would have been Grant that was either:
A) made the same promise
B) was convinced to wait until not only after Smith but also after Brandy.

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

There isn't a team in the NRL that hasn't been burned by the Storm's dodgy dealings, so I agree with you. Remember Cam Smith had told everyone that he agreed to terms with the Titans, until out of nowhere the Storm were able to increase their offer in what was now an infamous time for recruitment/retention by them.

Signature_Morkel.png

I do remember that, but I remember even more clearly how Matty Johns (who then had an association with the Storm) revealed how Cronk turned down huge dollars to stay at the Storm for peanuts.

It wasn't long until we found out that was a load of BS.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

Macca sucks. I can’t believe he played origin again.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

1133.jpg

I do remember that, but I remember even more clearly how Matty Johns (who then had an association with the Storm) revealed how Cronk turned down huge dollars to stay at the Storm for peanuts.

It wasn't long until we found out that was a load of BS.

Can we stop talking about how evil the storm are. It triggers me.

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

Can we stop talking about how evil the storm are. It triggers me.

Let it fester.

Remember when the Storm held Thaiday back in the scrum, Slater strolled through the gap, and the NRL looked at it and said it was fine?

Remember when Slater knocked on, kicked it after it bounced. Grounded it while shaking his head and the NRL said it was fine?

In fact, the Storm are scum. But the NRL enabling them is the true injustice.

Signature_Morkel.png

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

anyone know why Niko didn't play ... dropped/injured?

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8190.jpg
Allo - broncoshq.com

One thing I always bring up re the Storm, is their efforts with developing players from Melbourne/Victoria.

After 20+ years, all they have to show for it is Richie Kennar and Young Onomatopoeia who are both via Samoa so they only kind of maybe count.

Disgraceful effort that they haven’t been able to get one kid born and bred from Victoria into the NRL in over 2 decades when their rep for development is held as high as it is

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

Join in with your "Remember when the Storm did this" guys, we all need to feel it.

Remember when Ben Hannant went to score the try that should have guaranteed our place in the 2008 grand final, but Slater slid in like Sub Zero, feet first to dislodge the ball, and the NRL said it was fine?

Signature_Morkel.png

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

Let it fester.

Remember when the Storm held Thaiday back in the scrum, Slater strolled through the gap, and the NRL looked at it and said it was fine?

Remember when Slater knocked on, kicked it after it bounced. Grounded it while shaking his head and the NRL said it was fine?

In fact, the Storm are scum. But the NRL enabling them is the true injustice.
I forget nothing.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

anyone know why Niko didn't play ... dropped/injured?
Injured

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1809.jpg
Fozz - broncoshq.com

Just the chad doing chad things like going for FG when you're up by 8 leading to a 7 tackle set the other team scores on.

wickham-dandies-fozz-png.4563

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

Chadley looking for a drop goal to go up by 9pts, but instead gives away a 7 tackle set and the team concedes a try hahahaha

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

What the **** is the warriors center doing... he's created an overlap from nothing with 2 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20