Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross Forum NRL discussion [Round 16, 2021] - Lockdown edition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

Got to keep the game growing in Vic. Watched the first 20, got a better offer and off the football went. Not shattered that the Roosters lost as thats a point, just sad that MELBOURNE WON.

The NRL is absolutely banking on a Storm Panthers GF. What we need to look out for now are the patsies, teams that will get a seemingly golden run to the finals, cruise through to week 3, only to be blown away by Melbourne & Penrith one game short of the GF. Teams like the Eels & Rabbitohs, who can blow teams off the park, then lose by 40. And we'll say "that's just how the NRL is this year, even good teams can get thrashed if they have an off day".

Put your money on a Penrith premiership, like I've been saying, with such a shallow talent pool, the NRL needs to pretend there is an upside to developing talent.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8187.jpg
Organix - broncoshq.com

Get on Melbourne to beat Roosters this week.

An alarming stat shows in the past 9 months, the Roosters are 0 from 7 against top 5 teams and have conceded over double the amount of points they have scored.
nailed it

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8187.jpg
Organix - broncoshq.com

Everyone thinks the 6 again rule is great until they come up against this ****.

No one thinks it’s great, only the un educated when it comes to footy do.

worst rule ever created, no thought went into it. Created by a ****ing sly slime ball dodgy ****ing human in v’landys.

My god the second efforts the storm do on the 1st and 4th tackles…(shock horror) just nothing from the ref, professional cheats new rules to break woohooooo let’s do it guyssss this will be fun!

I hate both teams passionately so this is middle ground viewing.

It’s just crap viewing, all the little things they get away with that us nrl diehards can see, yet nothing is done about it

Storm are just so ****ing good.

I thought they would struggle without Smith and maybe they still will. But ****ing hell, life without him has been good so far.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

Looks like the Roosters are still in the premiership race ... they only conceded 46 point 😛

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
5210.jpg
AlexM - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 5,276

Don't worry broncos supporters capewell will be there next year to g the boys up with blowies

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
10074.jpg
Galah - broncoshq.com

No, no many praised it when it arrived. I was strongly against it and was downvoted to hell on reddit for pointing out its now obvious flaws. Many on the r/NRL are still for it, but the brains trust there was (is) mushy.

Melbourne needed to be good for AFL-land incursion. Plain and simply given leg ups from day 1.

Which ultimately lead to Melbourne gaining supreme confidence and trust in their team and their system. You see the opposite in the Broncos since Bennett left. No trust in the system leads to no trust in the player next to them, leads to **** footy.

Penrith are currently benefiting from a very helpful 2020 season. Go back and look at the games they won by providence and were on the back of some "interesting" decisions, THEN compare that to the Broncos 2020 season.

Sports psychology is a real thing and so is having a ref bias.

Haha sorry for the preempt post. still waiting on a decent app. Mobile site is killing me
I live in Victoria these days, still have my other house in brisbane so don’t hate me!! But no one and I really do mean no one in my area give a flying **** about the storm, it’s laughable. I’ve been in and out of this state for many years and no one knows anything about that team apart from (oh yeah, we won the comp again) it’s achieving nothing. If belly stayed at the broncos he’d literally be a god! Yet for all his success and (cheating) he’s still only an after thought in Victoria land.

sad AF and a massive waste, as it’s achieved nothing, no home grown talent a pathetic “one” city team fan base. As soon as they start losing (which will happen eventually) you watch what happens.

it’s still going to fail.

#ive had a couple did I rant in the wrong spot? 😂

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8187.jpg
Organix - broncoshq.com

I live in Victoria these days, still have my other house in brisbane so don’t hate me!! But no one and I really do mean no one in my area give a flying **** about the storm, it’s laughable. I’ve been in and out of this state for many years and no one knows anything about that team apart from (oh yeah, we won the comp again) it’s achieving nothing. If belly stayed at the broncos he’d literally be a god! Yet for all his success and (cheating) he’s still only an after thought in Victoria land.

sad AF and a massive waste, as it’s achieved nothing, no home grown talent a pathetic “one” city team fan base. As soon as they start losing (which will happen eventually) you watch what happens.

That is to my greater point exactly. It is why they continue to benefit as much as they do. The one factor you're missing is that while they may not gain true fandom, they are in the sporting capital of Australia and my Melbourne mates will go to the game, as will many tourists/visitors to the state because it's a guaranteed spectacle.

I think they will continue to succeed until the NRL fails, which is starting to look more likely.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
10074.jpg
Galah - broncoshq.com

That is to my greater point exactly. It is why they continue to benefit as much as they do. The one factor you're missing is that while they may not gain true fandom, they are in the sporting capital of Australia and my Melbourne mates will go to the game, as will many tourists/visitors to the state because it's a guaranteed spectacle.

I think they will continue to succeed until the NRL fails, which is starting to look more likely.

Also, I only hate you because you have 2 houses and I have none lol ;)
It’s a sad state of affairs because you speak of what we all fear.

I intend to travel 3hrs for my first game next year at that storm ****hole. Just to experience the fresh air of a flogging in another state, I’m over it at Suncorp (floggings) even if it’s one of the best purpose build stadiums in the world…. Underrated

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
636.jpg
Gizzyfan - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 12,994

10074.jpg
Galah - broncoshq.com

It’s a sad state of affairs because you speak of what we all fear.

I intend to travel 3hrs for my first game next year at that storm ****hole. Just to experience the fresh air of a flogging in another state, I’m over it at Suncorp (floggings) even if it’s one of the best purpose build stadiums in the world…. Underrated

AAMI Park is actually a really good stadium to watch a game

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

That is why they will never be allowed to fail. The "supporter" base really is just Queenslanders who are bandwagoners and claim to support the Storm "because they are like another Queensland team", when in reality, casual fans just want to be backing a winner. I know dozens of people who support the Storm because they lived in Melbourne for a couple of months 20 years ago, or their family grew up there before moving to Qld 3 generations ago. Absolutely none of these people would give a flying **** about the Storm, even if they were consistent top 8 or even 4, they only go for them because they can win it every year. So that's what the NRL gives them.

Signature_Morkel.png

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg
Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

Who still thinks the Roosters are The Rorters and the Storm are still an excellent culture that is definitely under the salary cap?

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
5016.jpg
Raw Power - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,812

How the friggin heck did Daniel Suluka-Fifita just get 10 minutes sin bin and not sent off for his high and late shoulder charge on Cameron Munster?

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,323

1133.jpg

Who still thinks the Roosters are The Rorters and the Storm are still an excellent culture that is definitely under the salary cap?

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Me.

They develop their own, not buy / steal them like the Rorters.

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,323

Me.

They develop their own, not buy / steal them like the Rorters.

After getting done for rorting the cap, they kept the big 3 for nearly another decade. Then when the big 3 all retire, they suddenly have had so much cash to give to their replacements.

I guess the Harvey Norman vouchers and boats helps people stay at the $torm for less....

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

That is why they will never be allowed to fail. The "supporter" base really is just Queenslanders who are bandwagoners and claim to support the Storm "because they are like another Queensland team", when in reality, casual fans just want to be backing a winner. I know dozens of people who support the Storm because they lived in Melbourne for a couple of months 20 years ago, or their family grew up there before moving to Qld 3 generations ago. Absolutely none of these people would give a flying **** about the Storm, even if they were consistent top 8 or even 4, they only go for them because they can win it every year. So that's what the NRL gives them.
The worst of society tbh

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

That is why they will never be allowed to fail. The "supporter" base really is just Queenslanders who are bandwagoners and claim to support the Storm "because they are like another Queensland team", when in reality, casual fans just want to be backing a winner. I know dozens of people who support the Storm because they lived in Melbourne for a couple of months 20 years ago, or their family grew up there before moving to Qld 3 generations ago. Absolutely none of these people would give a flying f*** about the Storm, even if they were consistent top 8 or even 4, they only go for them because they can win it every year. So that's what the NRL gives them.

Signature_Morkel.png

The NRL turns a blind eye to the $torm rorting the cap, and their gamesmanship on the field, because they feel like the $torm has to be in the top 2 every year in order for Victorians to watch league.

The biggest losers of the Storm are the Broncos. Bellamy done Wayne Bennett better than Wayne Bennett. All their advantages and success got shipped from one News Limited backed team to the other.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,324

1133.jpg

After getting done for rorting the cap, they kept the big 3 for nearly another decade. Then when the big 3 all retire, they suddenly have had so much cash to give to their replacements.

I guess the Harvey Norman vouchers and boats helps people stay at the $torm for less....

I guess my point is the big 3 and everyone else at the Storm we’re made better, thereby increasing their value, unlike the Rorters who paid overs to steal players from other clubs. Tedesco & Cronk being classic examples….

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,324

I guess my point is the big 3 and everyone else at the Storm we’re made better, thereby increasing their value, unlike the Rorters who paid overs to steal players from other clubs. Tedesco & Cronk being classic examples….

It makes no difference as far as I am concerned. Whether you develop your own, or go to the market, you are still cheats if you regularly pay well past the salary cap. You are still cheats if you regularly win premierships (and make top 4), but mysteriously keep the same core of players together.

Before Melbourne got done for rorting the cap, there were articles about Smith and Cronk taking less to remain loyal to the club. Hindsight showed they were both full of sh*t. It's just like now... there's no way their best players take unders to be loyal to the club and system.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
2189.jpg
ivanhungryjak - broncoshq.com

5016.jpg
Raw Power - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,812

How the friggin heck did Daniel Suluka-Fifita just get 10 minutes sin bin and not sent off for his high and late shoulder charge on Cameron Munster?

Because Roosters.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

Also living in Victoria. My favourite is when you tell a storm fan that state of origin is on this week. Their response: who’s playing?

Previously Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20