Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross forum discussion [Round 12, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Sproj

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Southern Eagle

Surely the NRL with all the geniuses they have should know how to do this ?

You mean the competition that decided there was no conflict of interest to have the former Roosters accountant run the salary cap auditing team.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Miket12

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Southern Eagle

Surely the NRL with all the geniuses they have should know how to do this ?
The CFO buys Bitcoin as a "personal investment". Once Player A has retired and no longer under the salary cap scrutiny, the CFO sells some of the Bitcoins and the proceeds end up in the bank account of the Player as a long service payment from the club. Player B retires and what do you know, more Bitcoins are sold.

You mean the competition that decided there was no conflict of interest to have the former Roosters accountant run the salary cap auditing team.
Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

This is an excellent point , what an utter farce!!
You would have thought he should have known which cupboard to look into for the brown paper bags.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Warrior482

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

I'm expecting some email / chat trail where a footballer asks his manager or the club just how 'all these bitcoins' work.

Hoops will be all over it.. probably typing up the incriminating evidence as we speak

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Juju

How about old Chris Gee situation at the Broncos. DODGY

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Fozz

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

I'm expecting some email / chat trail where a footballer asks his manager or the club just how 'all these bitcoins' work.

It'd be more like "bit of coin? I want those whole coin".

This isn't the game I grew up with. Back in the good old days, players just had their own poker machine they had to clean out and they liked it. None of this digital currency nonsense.

season 13 GIF

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Fozz

It'd be more like "bit of coin? I want those whole coin".

This isn't the game I grew up with. Back in the good old days, players just had their own poker machine they had to clean out and they liked it. None of this digital currency nonsense.

season 13 GIF

haha, True.

Ahh, the good ole pokie machine days. At least there's always yelling at clouds.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: QLDSeaeagle

And, the ATO craps on said CFO from 30,000ft, shovels away the crap and beats CFO to death with a large gold shovel.
Has the ATO actually ever caught any team cheating on the salary cap when just cash payments were made? I personally can't think of any and that's without the anonymity that Bitcoin wallets offer.

Has the ATO actually ever caught any team cheating on the salary cap when just cash payments were made?
I don't know , but the premise of question was, would an individual (CFO) be prepared to lay his jewels on the line for a grunt, no way.
Quote....The CFO buys Bitcoin as a "personal investment"

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: QLDSeaeagle

I don't know , but the premise of question was, would an individual (CFO) be prepared to lay his jewels on the line for a grunt, no way.
In that case then, no one would authorise any payments outside of the salary cap.... but history shows it happens all to frequently.

The intended meaning turned out to be the opposite of the literal meaning. It seems I was being ironic without even knowing it at the time - that's real genius right there.

It's a fine line that genius / insanity one. Or so a yam told me this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11