Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross Forum Chat, Round 19 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
How ridiculous.
Brisbane has a catchment area of some 2 million, yet are the current wooden spooners.
Manly is a small suburban club with a proud history that money can't buy. We compete against eight other clubs in Sydney for players and sponsors. Brisbane has no competition yet is such a pathetic club no-one wants to play for them and it can't beat time with a stick.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
Oh that’s right, This is why everybody hates manly.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

7690.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Bull Shark - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 4, 2008
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010

How ridiculous.
Brisbane has a catchment area of some 2 million, yet are the current wooden spooners.
Manly is a small suburban club with a proud history that money can't buy. We compete against eight other clubs in Sydney for players and sponsors. Brisbane has no competition yet is such a pathetic club no-one wants to play for them and it can't beat time with a stick.

A ‘pathetic club’ ? Not sure if you’re trolling or can’t see past your own nose or both..

that ‘pathetic club’ has won two fewer premierships than Manly, despite spotting you 41 years head start.

but then again, I suppose every Manly premiership should probably be worth two of Brisbane’s, given the club has had to endure 70+ years of trawling the streets of Brookvale, Dee Why & Narrabeen for home grown talent to fill its playing rosters

Question to the Broncos fans , I get the ratings issue but why doesn’t NEIN give you more Sunday 4pm games ??

Surely those with families would appreciate that time slot better ??

1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
747.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mark from Brisbane - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 2, 2008

Question to the Broncos fans , I get the ratings issue but why doesn’t NEIN give you more Sunday 4pm games ??

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.
The club has been begging for them for years they just never give them to the Broncos. I know a lot of fans who have stopped buying season tickets over the years because of the lack of Saturday and Sunday games.

The Thursday and Friday games tend to draw bigger ratings so 9 continue to exploit the Broncos.

8190.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Allo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 28, 2012
747.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mark from Brisbane - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 2, 2008

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.

We ask for the weekend games every year, and I think this season is one of our best with getting Saturday or Sunday games. Nein don’t care, they just want the ratings, and Brisbane gets the walk up crowds and corporates from the City on a Friday night so there’s not a strong argument in regards to crowd numbers and gate takings to justify a request for a more equal spread

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008
747.jpg

because they're stupid

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
747.jpg

I’m one of the fans that cancelled my season tickets because of the Thursday/Friday night games.
This has been our best year for a while in regards to afternoon games (3??), but it’s not worth risking covid to watch this busted side run out so I still haven’t re upped my membership.

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008
There’s a local law (?) which prevents that time slot from happening for games at Suncorp on a Friday

Not a law but council doesn't want games at the earlier time slot because of the traffic issues in peak hour around Milton.

wickham-dandies-fozz-png.4563

8833.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]tommy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2015
The club has been begging for them for years they just never give them to the Broncos. I know a lot of fans who have stopped buying season tickets over the years because of the lack of Saturday and Sunday games.

The Thursday and Friday games tend to draw bigger ratings so 9 continue to exploit the Broncos.
The club or the fans?

Previously Tom

1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
The club or the fans?
The club because of the fans.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Lockysillegitimatechild - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 10, 2015
2179.jpg

How ridiculous.

Ye true... the wall we built blocking out all the scouts from other NRL clubs has worked a treat! You do realise around 40% of players in the NRL are from Queensland right. Do the maths, every club has scouts up here. In fact, per person I reckon there would be more up here then in Sydney haha and even when Brisbane do develop a player they just get pinched with big money offers from other clubs anyway, thanks to no reward in development (Sydney clubs love this!) and the salary cap (invented originally so clubs like your tiny sea village club could keep up with big clubs without folding)...

Your thinking is exactly the type of thinking that holds rugby league back worldwide, same thinking in the north of England. Instead of thinking "hey,the Broncos make money, the rest of us don't-that's unfair! They have an advantage!" Why not thibk WHY ARE CLUBS THAT ARE INCREDIBLY UNSUCCESFUL OFF THE FIELD/FINANCIALLY/WITH FAN NUMBERS getting helped out and kept in the top league?! The NRL/arlc should grow the game, not constantly try to make it fairly pulling big clubs back.

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008
The club or the fans?

both.

the club prefer Sunday games because they have always tended to get higher crowds to these games

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

1769.jpg

both.

the club prefer Sunday games because they have always tended to get higher crowds to these games

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION
Interesting, the club , and the fans want Sunday games but don’t get a choice.

The power of TV.

1899.jpg
Isn't one of the popular theories doing the rounds that it was Channel 9 who called for all these rule changes to open the game up and add more gimmicks like the 2 point field goal?

Looking at the Panthers lists of outs, it was probably a blessing in disguise that the game wasn't on prime time. If Melbourne puts a score on them it doesn't do much for the finals.

[/st_td_row][st_td]The Don - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 19, 2020
My titans mate (has one of the 2, Don is the other) just messaged me about fifitas game today. Said he looked like a million dollar player today.....

Coming off the bench against the dragons reserve grade side and they swapped his side of the field to catch the opposition off guard... Yep.... that's a $1.35 million player alright haha...
I honestly don't see the problem. He had the most run metres of any forward in the game, just about scored two tries on his own and had both a line break assist and absolutely gifted Marzhew a try.

Is being able to play both sides of the field well not an advantage? Not as if we lost anything replacing Proctor. I personally thought it was good to see our game plan adapted to the team we were versing.

No Norman so let's say reserve grade side. pshh Fogarty has better stats than him this seasons ffs. I tend to agree with your mate. He won us the game plain and simple.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Lockysillegitimatechild - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 10, 2015

Ye true... the wall we built blocking out all the scouts from other NRL clubs has worked a treat! You do realise around 40% of players in the NRL are from Queensland right. Do the maths, every club has scouts up here. In fact, per person I reckon there would be more up here then in Sydney haha and even when Brisbane do develop a player they just get pinched with big money offers from other clubs anyway, thanks to no reward in development (Sydney clubs love this!) and the salary cap (invented originally so clubs like your tiny sea village club could keep up with big clubs without folding)...

Your thinking is exactly the type of thinking that holds rugby league back worldwide, same thinking in the north of England. Instead of thinking "hey,the Broncos make money, the rest of us don't-that's unfair! They have an advantage!" Why not thibk WHY ARE CLUBS THAT ARE INCREDIBLY UNSUCCESFUL OFF THE FIELD/FINANCIALLY/WITH FAN NUMBERS getting helped out and kept in the top league?! The NRL/arlc should grow the game, not constantly try to make it fairly pulling big clubs back.

I look forward to the day a Queensland side has a competitive club in the NRL.
Perhaps one of those new clubs will be competitive? Better still, why don't Queensland re-locate the Storm to Brisbane? The Broncos fans could then have a decent team to support.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
2179.jpg

I look forward to the day a Queensland side has a competitive club in the NRL.
Perhaps one of those new clubs will be competitive? Better still, why don't Queensland re-locate the Storm to Brisbane? The Broncos fans could then have a decent team to support.

There probably actually already are more Storm fans in Qld than there are in Melbourne.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

There probably actually already are more Storm fans in Qld than there are in Melbourne.

So the NRL should simply re-locate the Storm to Brisbane. Melbournians haven't really embraced rugby league, and the Storm haven't development many local products, so let's just play RL in the two States that follow the sport. It would also mean the NRL wouldn't have to expand the number of clubs.

8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013
2179.jpg
So the NRL should simply re-locate the Storm to Brisbane. Melbournians haven't really embraced rugby league, and the Storm haven't development many local products, so let's just play RL in the two States that follow the sport. It would also mean the NRL wouldn't have to expand the number of clubs.

But then the AFL wins, and the NRL just doesn't have the guts to admit that the people in Melbourne will never embrace League. So instead the NRL will continue to prop up the Storm on and off the field in order to keep their bandwagoners interested. If the Storm ever went through 2-3 years of not being a genuine premiership threat I guarantee their members would halve.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

1973.jpg
But then the AFL wins, and the NRL just doesn't have the guts to admit that the people in Melbourne will never embrace League. So instead the NRL will continue to prop up the Storm on and off the field in order to keep their bandwagoners interested. If the Storm ever went through 2-3 years of not being a genuine premiership threat I guarantee their members would halve.
Half my son’s footy team are storm supporters, none of them are from Melbourne 🙄🤮 (I’m talking the dad’s too)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4