Cricket World Cup 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What does everyone think of our squad ?

AUSTRALIA

Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Adam Zampa, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Kane Richardson

The side isn't too bad, but still struggle when I see the name Shaun Marsh. Would have liked to see Hazlewood in there, but understand they want to make sure he is right for Ashes If we are to go deep in the comp then we really need Starc to find his mojo. Cummins will give him good support, 3rd paceman might be our weakness. Batting is potent if they all fire, Warner coming off a good IPL series.

I can’t wait, tbh. I know ODIs can be a bit meaningless, but the WC is unreal. There’s always a few upsets too. England will be extraordinarily tough to beat though - their team has great balance.

Agree with you re Marsh. I can’t see him playing in the first XI, so I would have taken Handscomb as he has been in form and provides the WK backup.

Also agree with you re our third seamer. I was bummed when Jhye Richardson got injured as I thought he could have been really good for us. Sure, he can go for a few runs but he is so attacking so is always a chance of taking wickets.

I will be interested to see how Stoinis, Carey, NCN and Zampa go. These guys are the weaker links in our full strength line up.

Cummins will cement himself as the world’s best cricketer - that’s my prediction!

Love the World Cup, this is about the worst one time wise though

Old school format will be interesting and there won’t be an easy game amongst them

Not sure how we will go, but the most encouraging signs I’ve seen have been Boult swinging the ball early and Williamson and Taylor looking in good touch

Looks like NZ will cruise home against Sri Lanka. Approx 70 runs to get in 40 overs.

I don't really know the form guide of any teams other than I hear INdia and England are the favourites. I thought NZ has been playing well and thought SL are always in the mix.

Dunno.

Afg 2 for 32 against Aust!

Easy win by NZ superstars over sri lanka

Aust having a bit of trouble getting wickets.

5-160 34th over against Afghanistan

Oops, as I type, make that 6-160

Sadly, I think I've been away too long. I'm beginning not to recognise a heap of players in the 20/20 and ODI formats for Aust.

Double Oops: Make that 7-162. lol Sorry AFG.

Sri Lanka are terrible mate, think I heard during the commentary that they have won 1 of their last 15

Nice game for us, 2 guys that weren’t in the top 11, Henry and Munro, had big games so some decisions to make going forward

Guptill back in form is crucial, need he, Williamson and Taylor to score the bulk of the runs while guys like Munro, De Grandhomme and Neesham go off around them

I also find it really strange that tonight South Africa is playing their 2nd game before India has even started their campaign , and India’s first game will be the yarpies 3rd

Sri Lanka are terrible mate, think I heard during the commentary that they have won 1 of their last 15

Nice game for us, 2 guys that weren’t in the top 11, Henry and Munro, had big games so some decisions to make going forward

Guptill back in form is crucial, need he, Williamson and Taylor to score the bulk of the runs while guys like Munro, De Grandhomme and Neesham go off around them

Thanks for that. I get the feeling NZ could have a very good tournament (fine by me)!

Also, Bangladesh beat Sth Africa. Something about a SA loss that always makes me smile. SA 0-2 so far... and they play India next.

It does seem weird regarding the scheduling. Hopefully the BCCI haven't had their "say" in it.

^ agreed

Bit of a wobble from NZ today. Looked like 1-200 (approx) then 7 for 240 (i should look that up) but a win with 2 wickets and about 18 balls to spare.

India beat SA as well so SA are now 0-3. Might be a road to hard for them from here?

10 teams - round robin. Everyone plays each other one and the top 4 go through.

@SeaEagleRock8 said it in another thread. I've had not much to do with cricket since we got busted cheating.
But here I am, at 1am finally watching Aus v WI on Fox. A lot of catching up to do (I need subtitles for Micheal Holding).

(.....just a Q for @Dan , how come there is no emoticons (like/agree/winner) when on the cricket forum?....not having a go, Just asking.@;)

We win. Yay. It's 3.39am. Im rooted. Good night/morning all.

Last edited:
@SeaEagleRock8 said it in another thread. I've had not much to do with cricket since we got busted cheating.
But here I am, at 1am finally watching Aus v WI on Fox. A lot of catching up to do (I need subtitles for Micheal Holding).

(.....just a Q for @Dan , how come there is no emoticons (like/agree/winner) when on the cricket forum?....not having a go, Just asking.@;)
Just never got around to adding them, they actually add a pretty large burden to the servsr

I haven't watched much cricket over here (obv) unless I stream some of it. But this world cup is on tv... or at least somehow it's on the list of channels I get with satellite tv (who cares - gift horse, etc)

But the time zone is friendly. games start early and finish around 10am. When not showing games they fill slots with highlights, etc. So not a bad bonus!

Checked - It's "willowtv" or something like that.

Aust win - yay!

England give Bangladesh a cricketing lesson and NZ look to be doing it easy against Afghanistan. 2-52 chasing 173 (11th over)

Poor old Saffers look gone - 0 from 3

Coulter-Nile saved us against Windies, and good to see Starccy ripping in for a Michelle - we need him firing if we are to win this thing

Tonights game against India is going to be a tough one - but we won the last 3 meetings against these guys in India and that's without Warner and Smith - so maybe we have slight mental edge over them. They have some talented bats so let's hope the bowlers can do the business

Good game on tonight, should see the first hour of it before I hit the sack for the night

We have our 3 banana skin games out of the way and into the meat of our tournament now. Williamson and Taylor in form is a great sign for us and the bowlers are looking handy so far too

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2