Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very tempting to throw a greenback on them, we win who cares, we lose $1300 eases the pain
wow when you put it like that Rafferty its hard to gamble responsibly .Actually doesn't it work like the more the you bet the more you win ? :)

HoldenV8

Journey Man
After watching Parra do a number on them, I'm getting more confident by the day of our chances against our eternal enemy.

To paraphrase a former federal treasurer come Prime Minister ... last Friday was the loss they had to have and TBH, it had been building for weeks (just unfortunate that it was the Worms who benefitted).

But don't think for a minute Bellamy would have been anywhere near happy. He'd have been filthy with the way his team played and he'd have been filthy that they didn't get the wins in a row record to themselves.

I think we can beat Melbourne. But, we'll have to be a lot better than we were against them last time out, and a LOT better than we were against the Dogs last Sunday. Unfortunately they are not the type of team who will put in a performance like that many times in a row. But I just hope that it hasn't sparked them back to reality.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The problem we have is that we will have had to cut our squad of 21 down before we know if our match with the 'Boys is important or not. (I'm not sure of the NRL edict/timing but I think we need to nominate 19 players a day or so before the match) If we knew we didn't have to win then I'd imagine DESpicable would like to give players such as Tenterfield, DeLuxe, Con, Tippytoes and Koala a run.
do we actually know the timing rules re cutting the squad before a match ?

Eagle 1

First Grader
To paraphrase a former federal treasurer come Prime Minister ... last Friday was the loss they had to have and TBH, it had been building for weeks (just unfortunate that it was the Worms who benefitted).

But don't think for a minute Bellamy would have been anywhere near happy. He'd have been filthy with the way his team played and he'd have been filthy that they didn't get the wins in a row record to themselves.

I think we can beat Melbourne. But, we'll have to be a lot better than we were against them last time out, and a LOT better than we were against the Dogs last Sunday. Unfortunately they are not the type of team who will put in a performance like that many times in a row. But I just hope that it hasn't sparked them back to reality.
We were starved of any decent ball that night and to only lose by that score is a credit to us. We get an even share of possession or better next time. Well, they are there for the taking if we bring our A game.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
The club has to name 21 players on Tuesday at 4pm, that gets cut to 19, 24 hours before kickoff, then an hour before kickoff the team is finalised.
In addition, if a player is injured you are allowed to bring in a like for like replacement from outside of the named squad. If this rule is ever abused this will be the week for it. We may find a few "injuries" crop up if 4th is locked in. It's not even cheating as almost every player will have some sort of niggle this time of year.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
In addition, if a player is injured you are allowed to bring in a like for like replacement from outside of the named squad. If this rule is ever abused this will be the week for it. We may find a few "injuries" crop up if 4th is locked in.
I doubt they’d just make up injuries to rest guys… the NRL would be all over that

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I doubt they’d just make up injuries to rest guys… the NRL would be all over that
They wouldn't be made up. Don't think there are rules around how severe the injury has to be. Might just be something a player would play through if the game was important. You are right if it was obvious cynical abuse of the rule the NRL would find a way to penalise it but could be a fine only.

StuBoot

Bencher
Can't believe all this resting players stuff.
Sure there are some that could do with a rest but they all want to be out there - will be some disappointed (non) players on Team List Tuesdays from now on.
Winning form is good form.
We can't expect the Cows to just roll over, especially with their last home game - even the 'Dogs didn't roll over
This is what they play for, Top 4 - the upper echelon of the comp, then game on.
Four more games if they're good enough, as fans even three more we'd be happy I'd say.
Don't want to go out in straight sets or week one.

They can have the first four weeks off next season just like they did this year.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
We were starved of any decent ball that night and to only lose by that score is a credit to us. We get an even share of possession or better next time. Well, they are there for the taking if we bring our A game.

Our A game is what I mean by we need to be a lot better. Last time out we didn't have the bulk of possession, but at the same time we caused that ourselves with a number of turnovers. Holding onto the ball is paramount in this game and we didn't do that last time.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Can't believe all this resting players stuff.
Sure there are some that could do with a rest but they all want to be out there - will be some disappointed (non) players on Team List Tuesdays from now on.
Winning form is good form.
We can't expect the Cows to just roll over, especially with their last home game - even the 'Dogs didn't roll over
This is what they play for, Top 4 - the upper echelon of the comp, then game on.
Four more games if they're good enough, as fans even three more we'd be happy I'd say.
Don't want to go out in straight sets or week one.

They can have the first four weeks off next season just like they did this year.
Agree, I'm just passing time till 4pm. Running through all possible scenarios. Waste of time but that's where I'm at.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The club has to name 21 players on Tuesday at 4pm, that gets cut to 19, 24 hours before kickoff, then an hour before kickoff the team is finalised.
ok so in that case we will know the biggest wild card before we have to cull the 21 i.e Raiders V Rorters ,we will have to cull again prior to knowing how a weakened Slime go against the Riff who if Melbourne win against Sharks will maybe want to find a few late injuries to rest a few in a nothing game for them .But if they rest too many then maybe Parra gets up ,and thats bad for us ,,,,OMG my heads now starting to hurt maybe we rest a player or 2 but go in with the strongest side we can assuming we don't have Top 4 locked. Then depending on how things pan out rest the ones that need it .Harper Parker ,bench Froggy don't risk TT if we don't have to
I think I'll leave this one to Des .

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
ok so in that case we will know the biggest wild card before we have to cull the 21 i.e Raiders V Rorters ,we will have to cull again prior to knowing how a weakened Slime go against the Riff who if Melbourne win against Sharks will maybe want to find a few late injuries to rest a few in a nothing game for them .But if they rest too many then maybe Parra gets up ,and thats bad for us ,,,,OMG my heads now starting to hurt maybe we rest a player or 2 but go in with the strongest side we can assuming we don't have Top 4 locked. Then depending on how things pan out rest the ones that need it .Harper Parker ,bench Froggy don't risk TT if we don't have to
I think I'll leave this one to Des .
Apparently the Panthers aren't going to rest anyone. Most of their important players have had time of in the last month or 2. Cleary Api Luai Yeo JFH and To'o.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14