Could V’landys be the MAN!?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has done an amazing job in racing. He has increased prizemoney to levels that we have never seen before and has introduced new races that are now becoming world wide races like the Everest and the Golden Eagle. He has bought properties around the state where retired horses can be retrained so that they have a life after racing He saw a need for more under 35 year old people to go to the races and made it more friendly for them.
If he sees a need to fix up ovals he will find a way to get the money and then do the job he says he will.

He is a gun, a mover and I shaker. Our spring carnival now rivals Victoria’s. Let’s hope he is true to his word. Massive upgrade on Warren Beatty.

New ARLC supremo V'landys confident next TV deal will rise from $1.8 billion

The NSW Government is spending $2 billion to upgrade the ageing stadia network. V’Landys said suburban grounds won’t be forgotten and that he is seeking additional funding for them, with Manly’s Brookvale Oval a priority.

“Everyone knows my love for tribalism and suburban grounds,” he said.

“We want suburban grounds and we want to have the must-haves ... all the things customers want. We will be looking very hard at suburban grounds and how do we fund suburban grounds.”

----
I think it was Brent Read who then asked about Bankwest vs Brookie and Big V gave a more detailed vision on how he was going to get us more moneys from Gladys :happy:

New ARLC chairman shoots down relocation – The Roar

V’landys also confirmed upgrading Manly’s dilapidated Brookvale Oval is a high priority and will be the first suburban stadium the ARLC will focus on using his contacts in government, ideally, “tomorrow”.

“Brookvale Oval needs urgent attention,” he said.

“I will use my relationships with government in looking at the suburban grounds. That’s of high priority for me because I believe tribalism is an important element in our game, and in order to have tribalism you need to give people venues and facilities.

“We need to drive that tribalism with fans and make them more parochial, and make them want to follow a team, but there’s no good doing it with a bad experience at a bad ground with rotten toilets and no food and beverage, the ground’s not safe. All of that needs to be fixed.”

V’landys also confirmed upgrading Manly’s dilapidated Brookvale Oval is a high priority and will be the first suburban stadium the ARLC will focus on using his contacts in government, ideally, “tomorrow”.

“I will use my relationships with government in looking at the suburban grounds. That’s of high priority for me because I believe tribalism is an important element in our game, and in order to have tribalism you need to give people venues and facilities.

“We need to drive that tribalism with fans and make them more parochial, and make them want to follow a team, but there’s no good doing it with a bad experience at a bad ground with rotten toilets and no food and beverage, the ground’s not safe. All of that needs to be fixed.”
A lot more than than that Laughing Clown 'Sideshow Beattie' has ever done for us

He’s talking the talk, PLEASE, be able to walk the walk.

He’s talking the talk, PLEASE, be able to walk the walk.
Once he does, will you change this Thread to 'Grrreat start ....' :rofl:

I was just flicking through the News channels yesterday and happened to hear the only issue that interested me - Brookie :happy:

I've never heard anyone at the NRL say anything constructive let alone prioritise the old girl. Then the tweet about the TurBros was released.

#JesusLovesManly:inlove:

Once he does, will you change this Thread to 'Grrreat start ....' :rofl:

I was just flicking through the News channels yesterday and happened to hear the only issue that interested me - Brookie :happy:

I've never heard anyone at the NRL say anything constructive let alone prioritise the old girl. Then the tweet about the TurBros was released.

#JesusLovesManly:inlove:

Agree. Almost everytime Todd Greenburg speaks a sentence with the word 'Manly' in it, we lose. I was quite taken aback by his brookie comments. Early days, just words etc. but hopefully he follows through as his reputation suggests he will.

As mentioned on this forum by more that a few. The northern beaches and north shore is loosing ground to AFL with the juniors at a pretty steady rate. I know on the north shore that Rugby numbers are very down with my old club whom used to have 4 grades now only fielding one.
Where as the AFL team from the next suburb is growing. As a kid I loved both League and Rugby as did all the boys at school. You played both at any opportunity you got and most of the kids either played or watched.
If the NRL keep ignoring north of the bridge, they will lose a large area that is very affluent and will be making decisions about sports, community and business. With the next generations of kids that become the decision makers it would be nice to have them as fans like were and voiced our opinions.

I love old girl, but it's time for a complete new stadium.
25k under cover seating something similar to Bankwest.
It would be a massive asset to the northern beaches, hopefully the big V gets it done.

Good start in my books. He hit on 3 points that most league fans agree with.

1. prefers one referee and agrees refereeing is the biggest problem with the game.
2. no teams to be relocated.
3. Brookie upgrade and a focus on tribalism
Love to know the arguments lodged for the 2 Refs by the rest of the attendees :wondering:

The Rep games have all been free flowing and none of the Refs has never made the front pages :cool:

Too much nit picking and not enough first grade level Refs should have pushed the ARLC to revert to a single referee

@wombatgc .... it might be time to change the thread title old mate .... it is day 2 of his tenure and he is off running ..... making some very good noises .... even has that congenital knob head GreenTurd singing the same Gospel ....

May I suggest ... "An encouraging start from V'Landys" .....
I’ll give him another week. If he’s not spotted having breakfast with Greenphlem or Uncle Nick, I’ll change it. :p

I’ll give him another week. If he’s not spotted having breakfast with Greenphlem or Uncle Nick, I’ll change it. :p

I put parentheses around the 'not' part. Lemme know if you want them removed. :)

V’Landys interview......says his priority is to upgrade suburban grounds!! Brookvale his first priority & will use his contacts in government to prioritise upgrade!!!! Also wanted a one referee system but was out voted by the board. Said all NSW & QLD teams will NOT be relocated in order to expand!!!
I’m already liking this guy!!!!!!

For mine, relocating a club is the dumbest thing.

First you alienate not only the local fan base by moving their team away, but you alienate the entire fan base of that club. Its losing fans on one hand and hoping to get new fans to replace them on the other hand. Its madness, you don't lose fans to gain new ones. You keep the ones you already have and then add to that.

Secondly its well known that Australia isn't America. Unlike the US where big league teams have a history of moving clear across the country if another city offers them a better deal (new stadium/arena etc), fans in Australia want a team of their own to support. Everyone keeps saying things like the "Perth Sharks" with Cronulla moving. But the people in Perth (and Adelaide) are much more likely to support their own start up team (even if the players themselves are "imports") than they are a re-located one.

For all intents and purposes.....re-locating a team, especially to another city/state, is doing nothing but robbing Peter to pay Paul.

For mine, relocating a club is the dumbest thing.

First you alienate not only the local fan base by moving their team away, but you alienate the entire fan base of that club. Its losing fans on one hand and hoping to get new fans to replace them on the other hand. Its madness, you don't lose fans to gain new ones. You keep the ones you already have and then add to that.

Secondly its well known that Australia isn't America. Unlike the US where big league teams have a history of moving clear across the country if another city offers them a better deal (new stadium/arena etc), fans in Australia want a team of their own to support. Everyone keeps saying things like the "Perth Sharks" with Cronulla moving. But the people in Perth (and Adelaide) are much more likely to support their own start up team (even if the players themselves are "imports") than they are a re-located one.

For all intents and purposes.....re-locating a team, especially to another city/state, is doing nothing but robbing Peter to pay Paul.
On the other hand, has does a poor suburban Sydney club compete with a one-team one-city powerhouse with a potential fan base of two million?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4