Could Manly miss the 8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which means the roosters and Sharks are also making up the numbers having lost to us earlier in the year and any teams who lost to the roosters or sharks this year.

So pretty much everyone is just making up the numbers

Well the Storm are the team to beat atm :)

Not a chance, this side will get their **** together after this loss and will return to the top 4 quality side we were for a majority of the season. Whether that brings us to the top 4 or not will be determined but we are far too good a side to miss the 8

I don't think so at all. I think most coaches are realistic about a teams chances. Every coach and player would tell you that sometimes you need to get a loss out of the way. When you take 7 players out of any team and 2 from the spine - it seriously effects the chances of winning. Im not saying he played for a loss - Im just saying that he probably knew a loss was on the cards in the near future. He even commented himself about the recent "clunky" performances.

By resting niggling injuries you wipe the slate clean so to speak and give yourself every chance in the 2 biggest games we have in the remaining 6.

My take on it anyway.
Fair enough, but I think Barret went in there with a plan to win despite those players being absent, but that plan fell apart very quickly.

If we're not good enough to account for a Storm team missing Smith and Slater and the Roosters who we beat earlier on in the season then we'd probably just be making up numbers in the 8 anyway.

Dragons game hopefully was a good wake up call. And our run home after the next 2 games is not that tough. Tigers Bulldogs Warriors Panthers? Once again if we can't beat those teams we should be questioning what we're doing in the 8.
Exactly. Win four of six and suddenly the team is sitting on 34 points, which is normally Top 4 country, or at worst maybe 5th.

If we get our players back I still think we will finish 2nd. Sharks will struggle without Maloney, Parra without Gutho, Storm without Smith.

I always had yesterday as a loss and I can see us beating the Storm and going into the finals undefeated from here on out.

If we get our players back I still think we will finish 2nd. Sharks will struggle without Maloney, Parra without Gutho, Storm without Smith.

I always had yesterday as a loss and I can see us beating the Storm and going into the finals undefeated from here on out.

I still think we 'need' one more loss before we go on an undefeated run. Drop a game mid-August and you don't hit the 'due for a loss' point until after the GF!

Look get our team back on the park and we can still push for top 4 . Debating on this when we were down on alot of key troops makes it hard to judge .
Not a chance, this side will get their **** together after this loss and will return to the top 4 quality side we were for a majority of the season. Whether that brings us to the top 4 or not will be determined but we are far too good a side to miss the 8
Harry i think your actually a bloody sea eagle . Well said mate .

Surely we can beat storm this week, the boys will know how important this game is, and will be fired up with the flogging and the boys coming back from injury, roosters we can beat if we are on song, tigers, dogs, warriors and panthers are all winnable games.

Surely we can beat storm this week, the boys will know how important this game is, and will be fired up with the flogging and the boys coming back from injury, roosters we can beat if we are on song, tigers, dogs, warriors and panthers are all winnable games.
Definitely, the next two weeks will define our season

Here is the numbers

6 games left
30 points needed for a top 8 spot
26 is the current points we are on
2 wins equals 4 points which gets us to 30

I have us staying in the 8, only parra could drop out if gutho injury really hurts them.

Here is the numbers

6 games left
30 points needed for a top 8 spot
26 is the current points we are on
2 wins equals 4 points which gets us to 30

I have us staying in the 8, only parra could drop out if gutho injury really hurts them.
Turbs i think we will finish on 34 mate , maybe drop one against storm or roosters then win a few , drop maybe another and still finish close 4th.

So you're suggesting Parra (without Gutho) beat Brisbane? Im not convinced. They may beat the dogs but without Gutho - who has been their best by a long shot - I think they will struggle. Theres a reason Gutho was playing FB and French wasn't. They've been very inconsistent and had a lot go their way.

Panthers may win both games but have been very inconsistent also. They still aren't playing well and are doing what we've been doing of late - winning ugly. Not convinced they'll win both games either.

We welcome back 4 (maybe 5) first graders into our team and have our complete spine back again. Thats huge for the psyche of the team. I think thats why Barrett chose to give guys with niggling injuries a week to recover. He wanted to stop the clunky performances, give the boys a wake up call. Almost like he knew a loss was coming and it'd be better to do it half strength rather than full strength. Thats the way I look at it anyway. This way the boys are angry, full strength and ready to right the wrongs! And what better way than to meet the storm at their home.

Storm will be missing Smith and most likely Slater. If there was ever a time for an ambush down there its now.

We've proven what we can do with the full strength team. Now its just a matter of doing it for the next 6 rounds.

Onya Bob.....
It is bob isn't it ?

Were gone, down hill slide, we'll miss the eight and the Panthers will sneak in. Sack Barrett, bring back Dez.
Another Troll. Probably that goose from last time. No friends and after some attention. Sad.

Troll i am not Batty, but after our performance yesterday it's hard to see us regaining our confidence, maybe if Baz didn't "rest" some of the boys we might have been slightly more competitive instead of bleeding 50 points. I know one things for sure Dezzie wouldn't stand for it.

We will make the 8 for sure but we need to start our finals charge this week to make the 4. I won't be saying much from here on in until they get me excited again.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8