Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My wife and I were due to fly to Melbourne next week to see our Victorian based grandkids ( and daughter, the son in law is a Bunnies supporter since I count him out) but we are going to cancel now as the thought of a close down of the country and being stuck down there , in a tiny house , away from my own home and bed is the thought process

I wrote earlier that there was a massive chance this game would be cancelled.

I am now convinced it will be cancelled by tomorrow for sure.

My fear is that (i believe) insurance will not cover the club for the losses incurred... we might have a cashflow issue looking as well.

@The Wheel any word from the club?
Nothing yet

But like I said, the aim is to not to get to panic stations. We just need to slow it down - so who takes the hit first to do that? Probably those with the highest risk and ones that don't have a huge impact to the economy. Sucks to be a sporting club or a music venue...but it's a luxury and it won't impact everyday life or the majority of other businesses.
I'm also expecting that my kids daycare will either shut down or stop kids from going if they have a runny nose (and they all already have one).
View attachment 13831
Guess that it is just going to come down to a level of proportion apart from individual discretion . Life still has to go on in most respects . Circumstances will inevitably change with this problem in different or varying forms , just seems that a judgement call on whether sporting events , specifically N R L games for now at least , again should not be subject to any additional restrictions

Probably more of a chance contracting this virus [ serious as it is ] or any other contagious type aliment at one "s local shopping centre then an open air sporting event . Not even the slightest indication of the Cows - Broncos game tonight being subject to crowd restriction , can "t see it also being any different at other N R L games for this week at least .
That is in Qld, they are always about a decade behind the times up there

I totally understand that they are trying to be proactive and contain the virus to try and stop it spreading so quickly in large crowds. But my gosh it doesn’t make how gutted I feel right now any better. Been looking forward to this match for so long, as we all have. It’s the best round 1 match up we have had in years, especially being at Brookie! I know nothing has been confirmed yet but it is so sad seeing how quickly this is spreading and how much it’s impacting society not just economically, but socially too

I totally understand that they are trying to be proactive and contain the virus to try and stop it spreading so quickly in large crowds. But my gosh it doesn’t make how gutted I feel right now any better. Been looking forward to this match for so long, as we all have. It’s the best round 1 match up we have had in years, especially being at Brookie! I know nothing has been confirmed yet but it is so sad seeing how quickly this is spreading and how much it’s impacting society not just economically, but socially too

Agree Ella.

Scary for us middle 60’s and I’ve as well ,especially as I’m an Asthma sufferer so I’m in the prime danger zone.

We were going to Melbourne next week to see grandkids , that’s going to be postponed .

The worlds gone mad!!

This thread is scarcely a week old!
Amazing how fast things have moved, NRL has been slow to react but decisions are probably going to be out of their hands very soon.

This thread is scarcely a week old!
Amazing how fast things have moved, NRL has been slow to react but decisions are probably going to be out of their hands very soon.

My shares are worth about 35% less than they were 3 weeks ago ( if I sell which luckily I don’t have to), the world has gone to **** very quickly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11