Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yeah its seeming more likely that the comp will be suspended.

I dont think the comp will be cancelled.

Its a long comp and I think they'll even play half a season if they can. Prob drag it out into November if they have to.

Assuming you are right , and I’m not convinced because the testing rates have been pathetic overseas , the real joke is you cant go to the footy where you sit next to a dozen or so people who are close enough to pass it on for a couple of hours yet we can get on trains, go to virus ridden malls for hours on end or eat in heaving restaurants and bars. A hell of a lot of people will watch the footy at pub/ club because they can’t go as well, probably being in closer contact than they would at footy.
Ban all public places or none. It’s a joke.And it may cost us our club.
Exactly Susan. how is it they have banned footy events etc and not closed schools? A lot of high schools in the country have more than 500 students. And same on the public transport. Thousands of people churn through central train stations each morning arvo, same for shopping centers malls etc. containment is the key here right so shut it all down now.

Exactly Susan. how is it they have banned footy events etc and not closed schools? A lot of high schools in the country have more than 500 students. And same on the public transport. Thousands of people churn through central train stations each morning arvo, same for shopping centers malls etc. containment is the key here right so shut it all down now.
Because Scotty had to go to the big hillsong conference. Thats why they are ramping it up now hillsong is finished.

Because Scotty had to go to the big hillsong conference. Thats why they are ramping it up now hillsong is finished.

I honestly believe it had a lot more to do with short notice , ie people who had travelled to events etc ( which is why they allowed crowds at NRL games).

Yes the F1 people decided to cancel, their choice , but any other event for this last weekend could have gone on.

Thinking that it was all about a church gathering really isn’t that logical.

Personally I reckon politics should be put away for the time being and I’d really love to see a bi-partisan approach from all levels of government on this, the time for cheap political shots from both sides of politics should be sidelined.

If they cancel the season there is every chance the NRL is insolvent and Manly goes under so I hope you are right too. Vlandys basically said they are done for with a season cancellation. Broadcasters don’t have to pay and insurers won’t either. The only positive thing is it was good to see a bit of brutal honesty from an NRL employee for once, rather than the bull**** from Beatty and the Turd.
Obvious, but it won't just by NRL clubs that go under .....thousands of small businesses will.

Obvious, but it won't just by NRL clubs that go under .....thousands of small businesses will.

This has very very long ranging ramifications for the country as very few business’s have the funds to survive 6 months with zero income.

If we have to shut the country down when we eventually come through to the other end the landscape will be extremely different to what we have today.

Plenty of Warriors players would have spent considerable time on overseas World cup tournaments and so on so not sure how the present situation is much different in terms of being away from their home base . Naturally is going to be hard to get the balance right , playing in empty stadiums is hardly ideal but still enables some continuity and broadcasting revenues to crucially occur . Also with any quarantine arrangements undertaken , still could be possible then for their families , girlfriends to join them in due course . The game like other codes can not go on at any cost but much better if it can keep going in some form .The virus is not going to go away in a hurry , once an N R L player contracts it , no doubt it will be certainly shut down for a while but again ideally this is the last option to occur .

Maybe players and staff have to consider taking a minimum salary whilst this is going on to keep the game alive?

Very hard as you live to how you earn these days but at least they won’t go hungry.

This has very very long ranging ramifications for the country as very few business’s have the funds to survive 6 months with zero income.

If we have to shut the country down when we eventually come through to the other end the landscape will be extremely different to what we have today.
Hopefully a soft landing and also hopefully Australia "s relative isolation will help matters also

Maybe players and staff have to consider taking a minimum salary whilst this is going on to keep the game alive?

Very hard as you live to how you earn these days but at least they won’t go hungry.
Apparently there is something in the player:s collective agreement or contracts to take into account unforeseen or mitigating circumstances or whatever . Maybe deferred payments , Manly still honored some Northern Eagles contracts after that entity folded . On a possible bigger scale now and maybe some pay cuts including match officials may be unavoidable to keep the code viable . Maybe will no go far enough but what was the amount of the controversial Federal sports grants programme last year , [ some 200 mill or so ] that on top of 17 bill in already announced federal government assistance would not look out of place then for a partial bail out of the big professional codes . Almost 300 mill of federal and state money for the new Townsville stadium , that type of money can be available if governments are prodded enough .

Yeah, I can last 4 months .......

Yeah, I can last 4 months .......

And you’d be better than most.

If this thing gets away from us it’ll be longer than 4 months , don’t forget the northern hemisphere only had it hit half way through their winter , we will cop it the entire winter!!

Important fact that needs to be considered to ensure that we all act sensibly about this and hopefully stall the virus from infecting too many people. The famous Spanish Flu of 1918 that killed between 50-100 million people had... wait for it...a 2.5% death rate of people identified with the disease. Sound familiar?

And you’d be better than most.

If this thing gets away from us it’ll be longer than 4 months , don’t forget the northern hemisphere only had it hit half way through their winter , we will cop it the entire winter!!

The first thing to do is: Let Tom Hanks know that he's putting too much vegemite on his toast! As I saw on the news. I mean...there's no way he actually bit into that. Yanks and Canucks hate the stuff. All the Mexicans I know don't mind it though.

My sister and brother in law have found themselves in the shiit on their cruise ship. They left two weeks ago to do some of the coconut islands. Turned out they only let some ppl off at Fiji. Then the shiit really hit the fan, and the boat headed back to Brizzo. Then they get told, they aren't allowed to dock there. It has to go back to its original departing port (Sydney). They get to Newcastle, and get told there’s too many boats waiting to get into port. So they send them to Eden! (I’m not making this stuff up). They get to Eden. (By now, the virus mania is going nuts.) Soooo, the authorities at Eden refused to let them off (they were allowed to refuel). So It’s back to Sydney. Then yesterday they were told that no cruise ships will be allowed to come or go after midnight tonight. If they don’t get in by then, all ships will be sent out to sea for 30 days. As of an hour ago they are in a holding pattern outside Sydney Heads awaiting their turn to dock. If they make it in, they are then required to do the two week self isolation thing. (How they can police that is anyones guess?)
Madness.

My sister and brother in law have found themselves in the shiit on their cruise ship. They left two weeks ago to do some of the coconut islands. Turned out they only let some ppl off at Fiji. Then the shiit really hit the fan, and the boat headed back to Brizzo. Then they get told, they aren't allowed to dock there. It has to go back to its original departing port (Sydney). They get to Newcastle, and get told there’s too many boats waiting to get into port. So they send them to Eden! (I’m not making this stuff up). They get to Eden. (By now, the virus mania is going nuts.) Soooo, the authorities at Eden refused to let them off (they were allowed to refuel). So It’s back to Sydney. Then yesterday they were told that no cruise ships will be allowed to come or go after midnight tonight. If they don’t get in by then, all ships will be sent out to sea for 30 days. As of an hour ago they are in a holding pattern outside Sydney Heads awaiting their turn to dock. If they make it in, they are then required to do the two week self isolation thing. (How they can police that is anyones guess?)
Madness.
Wow expelled from eden

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12