Corey Allan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw this and I thought "that'd be right". He's a bit of an enigma.
I haven't been sold on him so far in his career.
Maybe I expected a lot when he debuted for the Prime Ministers 17- Kangaroos without playing a game of 1st Grade. He was a prodigy with big wraps from Bennett at the broncos, before getting signed by Souths. Souths couldn't unlock his talent and since he didn't deliver on the hype he went to the Bulldogs.
Once at the Bulldogs I thought we would see more game time from Allan but he failed to make 1st grade on a regular basis while the Dogs were wallowing at the bottom of the ladder.

I recall him getting a call up to 1st grade this year but, then he was blasted by Jacob Kiraaz or some rookie for laughing and joking around after a heavy defeat (fair enough).

He might be a lazy trainer or just another Sione Mata'utia type player (elevated too early)
For what ever reason, he might not be that motivated to click another gear. He managed to play State of Origin for QLD when their backline was bare, so he has big game experience but, I don't watch NSW Cup games.
What's he missing I wonder????

I saw this and I thought "that'd be right". He's a bit of an enigma.
I haven't been sold on him so far in his career.
Maybe I expected a lot when he debuted for the Prime Ministers 17- Kangaroos without playing a game of 1st Grade. He was a prodigy with big wraps from Bennett at the broncos, before getting signed by Souths. Souths couldn't unlock his talent and since he didn't deliver on the hype he went to the Bulldogs.
Once at the Bulldogs I thought we would see more game time from Allan but he failed to make 1st grade on a regular basis while the Dogs were wallowing at the bottom of the ladder.

I recall him getting a call up to 1st grade this year but, then he was blasted by Jacob Kiraaz or some rookie for laughing and joking around after a heavy defeat (fair enough).

He might be a lazy trainer or just another Sione Mata'utia type player (elevated too early)
For what ever reason, he might not be that motivated to click another gear. He managed to play State of Origin for QLD when their backline was bare, so he has big game experience but, I don't watch NSW Cup games.
What's he missing I wonder????
He had a very good year at Souths when he was fill in fullback for Mitchell, enough so that the he played Origin that year and the Dogs signed him up for $500k a season.

He had a very good year at Souths when he was fill in fullback for Mitchell, enough so that the he played Origin that year and the Dogs signed him up for $500k a season.
No doubt he has talent. But if we're serious about challenging for titles, and continuing to do so, we need to build winning culture on and off the field. Some players may have enough talent or ability that you would take them regardless of dramas (say Latrell Mitchell for example), but Corey Allan's not in that category.

Exactly, hence why he's such an enigma. He's got form on both ends of the spectrum and he's hard to get a good read of...

I'm surprised Dolphins aren't picking him up for 250k. They are lacking depth in their back 5, and Bennett seems to be the one who has gotten the best out of him.

Considering Turbo, Koula, Garrick, and Weekes (even the young Meyers), that's a no for Manly. If we had 250k to spare it should be spent elsewhere (the 9 and 13 positions I feel we need to invest in, as well as 2nd row)

Last edited:
Maybe some injury issues but was unexpected for a previously well performed player such as Cory Allen to be hardly sighted at i st grade level in recent seasons and especially at the Dogs . Even at 250 K , not much of a upgrade factor unless someone in the Manly recruiting department has an up to date and better insight then most . . Who best to partner Koula in the centres seems the only conjecture , realize he can cover full back as well but if the Dogs wish to part ways , hardly a good sign ongoing to get his i st grade career back on track

No thanks. Spot well and truly covered. Also frees money up for big spending Dogs. Rumour Spencer Lieu on his way there as well.

I'm surprised Dolphins aren't picking him up for 250k. They are lacking depth in their back 5, and Bennett seems to be the one who has gotten the best out of him.

Considering Turbo, Koula, Garrick, and Weekes (even the young Meyers), that's a no for Manly. If we had 250k to spare it should be spent elsewhere (the 9 and 13 positions I feel we need to invest in, as well as 2nd row)

That says a lot that Bennett has coached him before and is passing on the so called half price bargin.

No thanks

M
That says a lot that Bennett has coached him before and is passing on the so called half price bargin.

No thanks
May also mean that Siebold knows him and tries to pick him up cheap. Saying this we don't need backs. We need a mean front rower/enforcer and a hooker. We have enough wingers.

Yeah we have Garrick and Kaeo Weekes as fullback cover already.

I hope we re sign Weekes soon. He looked promising.

Did we ever end up signing cooper johns ? I didn’t see him on our full time roster. Maybe he was signed to play for Blacktown.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4