Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seibold appears to be a genuinely nice guy. Maybe it was difficult for him to hook the nephew of his former Foxtel colleague.
Funny isn't it? Both Bennett and Bellamy seem like genuinely nice guys to their players (I like them both too) but neither would have a problem dropping a player if it meant the chance for a win.

Difficult to understand why he was selected to start let alone left on the filed as long as he was. he comes across a nice kid but he is not a first grade player. Siebold saw how Newcastle ran all over him in Mudgee and and clearly there was no learning from that experience. the season is getting away from us time to get the selections right.

Watching young Cooper today I really thought, he plays like he hasn't figured out what is his style of play. What is the thing he believes he brings, his point of difference, as a halfback? Is it a running game, a passing or kicking game, is it strong defence...... he is actually doing none of those things and in fact was weirdly inactive. Young Jake Arthur came on for the last 25 and literally did about 4 times as many things in that period, which I think tells us clearly who is the back-up half. Cooper is 23 apparently and is not too old to become a good half, he certainly has access to great advice, I think he needs to go back to reserves and the training space and work out exactly what his game is and what he plans to bring to a team.
Nice way to put it. He's not trying to be rubbish, the fact that Manly have actively looked for a better back up cannot do his confidence any good whatsoever.

He's probably footy smart enough, and has plenty of support (as you say). He needs to dominate a NSW cup side and guide it around for a couple of season competently, at the very least learn to put those with more skills in positions to contribute. At the moment, he unfortunately makes those around him play worse. You don't need speed and skill to guide a team around - just make intelligent decisions and have a decent attitude in defense.

If he can do that, and maybe knock out 50 or games over a few years, he can be coach one day. But at the moment, he cannot play FG again until he shows something of value.

Yeah I don't think Cooper Johns has potential.

He can't kick, pass or tackle, despite having had more access to an elite halves coach than anyone else in the comp. I don't think more time in the squad will yield anything from him.

Johns should never ever run out in Manly colours in 1st grade ever again, has cost us enough points already. He would struggle to secure a starting position in most sides in Newcastle local comp.
For the life of me what does Seibold see in him?? absolute rubbish! Maybe looking for a good wrap of his dad on FOX.

Come On! There needs to be an investigation!

Should hit up his old man for a support role on the show? Playing football is not his calling in life and going by his interviews it would seem he considers himself a bit of a comedian.

He can play the mini me role as the NRL player who is not as good as his brother.🤔 😄

Johns should never ever run out in Manly colours in 1st grade ever again, has cost us enough points already. He would struggle to secure a starting position in most sides in Newcastle local comp.
For the life of me what does Seibold see in him?? absolute rubbish! Maybe looking for a good wrap of his dad on FOX.

Come On! There needs to be an investigation!
Seibold will be looking for a new job either next year or the year after when he fails at manly

A few weeks back you also said Seibold and co would get selections etc correct because they aren't team Des. So Cooper Johns, Blake Leary and Des all say hello @Mark from Brisbane

Dessie also says his 2019 and 2021 seasons are looking exceptionally good right now.
It’s funny how you only joined on 29/04/2023 yet are commenting on things Mark said years ago 🤔

One could almost believe you’re an alt of a poster previously banned for being such a muppet.

Last edited:
Don’t forget , it’s an opinion forum and NONE of us are completely right ( or wrong ).
100% feathered friend @Mark from Brisbane

NONE of us are completely right or wrong
But ALL of us love Manly as we should ALWAYS remain as one

https://www.facebook.com/I.LoveMy.ManlyWarringah.SeaEagles | Manly, Eagles, My love

It’s funny how you only joined on 29/04/2022 yet are commenting on things Mark said years ago 🤔

One could almost believe you’re an alt of a poster previously banned for being such a muppet.
You must have missed the first four words in my post that read "A few weeks ago." The references to Blake Leary and Cooper Johns were written by other posters.

But carry on.

Ma num anup da da di da da.

Will this site go into meltdown if Cooper is picked on the bench or starts at 7 again Tuesday week?
Barring injury, DCE & Turbo should be available for Friday 9 June v Dolphins. As Johns was hooked in the last match, I expect Arthur would be the next half in line. In Lawton is fit, he will likely be selected as 14 - otherwise Weekes. It appears Seibold is reluctant to promote GCKT.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4