Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are a great judge of a footballer. LOL

Johns is absolutely schiit. Won't play first grade again.
Great , grab a comment I made from two months ago after playing about one game to make a point that I’m a **** judge.

Well here’s the thing, I have never professed to be an expert and readily admit that every Queenslander I’ve suggested is a future gun has failed !!

But ok @XV-1 v me 1-0

Should I post the trophy to you now or wait for a while ??

Without his surname he wouldn't have got a shot anywhere. He reminds me a bit of Kane Elgey (who at least had some pace) and he realised himself he wasn't good enough. Time to call it a day and see what opportunities the old man can open up for him in the media

hopefully will never play Manly first grade ever again
Completely not up to NRL standard. Too small, lacks pace, fragile defence, only up to catch and pass and not very good at that. It is as though Manly went into this game with a 12 man side - and not the first occasion this season. Really his continued selection is just indefensible. Young Humphries, for example, has twice the talent - just a fact. But would have been preferable on this occasion to play Croker at 1/2 with either Lawton or Tong at hooker. In the prevailing circumstances Manly performed not too bad, better than I antricipated. Coach Seiboild will have to start making some tough but realistic selection decisions otherwise this season is going to get much worse for Manly (and his coaching future).

Great , grab a comment I made from two months ago after playing about one game to make a point that I’m a **** judge.

Well here’s the thing, I have never professed to be an expert and readily admit that every Queenslander I’ve suggested is a future gun has failed !!

But ok @XV-1 v me 1-0

Blake Leary says hello 😂😉😀😂😉

But ok @XV-1 v me 1-0

A few weeks back you also said Seibold and co would get selections etc correct because they aren't team Des. So Cooper Johns, Blake Leary and Des all say hello @Mark from Brisbane

Dessie also says his 2019 and 2021 seasons are looking exceptionally good right now.

Watching young Cooper today I really thought, he plays like he hasn't figured out what is his style of play. What is the thing he believes he brings, his point of difference, as a halfback? Is it a running game, a passing or kicking game, is it strong defence...... he is actually doing none of those things and in fact was weirdly inactive. Young Jake Arthur came on for the last 25 and literally did about 4 times as many things in that period, which I think tells us clearly who is the back-up half. Cooper is 23 apparently and is not too old to become a good half, he certainly has access to great advice, I think he needs to go back to reserves and the training space and work out exactly what his game is and what he plans to bring to a team.

Without his surname he wouldn't have got a shot anywhere. He reminds me a bit of Kane Elgey (who at least had some pace) and he realised himself he wasn't good enough. Time to call it a day and see what opportunities the old man can open up for him in the media
Elgey was a good player. I think he also had a mental health issue which led to his early retirement, rather than ‘he wasn’t good enough’.

Just imagine if he had joined Manly as ostensibly planned in 2012 and DCE had joined the Old Coast. We could have enjoyed considerably more salary cap space to hang onto/recruit other players in the interim.

I don’t want to join the Johns’ pile on, other than Cooper started out ok yesterday, but sadly his head dropped after a few defensive lapses. Perhaps Arthur should have come on earlier, e.g. for the start of the second half.

Last edited:
So much of the Knights momentum yesterday was directly caused by Coopers inability to tackle effectively. Either making wrong reads, or when he made the right read, he simply did not have the technique or body size to tackle effectively and stop the play.

Not only that but his ineffectiveness was drawing in his team mates who clearly didn’t have confidence that tacked were going to be made, thereby causing space on either side.

I’m very rarely critical of players but I agree with the posters above, Johns adds nothing in attack and his defence is a complete liability. Jake Arthur MUST take his spot immediately.

Blake Leary says hello 😂😉😀😂😉
Yeah I know , I’m a **** judge , whatever you do don’t follow me for player inspiration.

Although I’m pleased to see Bully is doing pretty well this year.

But I didn’t say he was the next Brent Kite or anything , just that he wasn’t a bad player.

A few weeks back you also said Seibold and co would get selections etc correct because they aren't team Des. So Cooper Johns, Blake Leary and Des all say hello @Mark from Brisbane

Dessie also says his 2019 and 2021 seasons are looking exceptionally good right now.
Ah so it’s “ gang up” on MFB week is it ??

Right you are

Don’t forget , it’s an opinion forum and NONE of us are completely right ( or wrong ).

Some might suggest he'd be stupid to not hook him with 80 to go. All the evidence of his 'ability' was there prior to yesterday.
Seibold appears to be a genuinely nice guy. Maybe it was difficult for him to hook the nephew son of his former Foxtel colleague.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4