Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cooper Johns was signed as depth and has done his job fairly well to date. He is not on big money but none the less he is contributing well. He does well with ball in hand and his short kicking game is good. Sadly we are often absent a short kicking at all. His weakness is his defence partially attributable to his slight build. I’m glad we signed him.Is Flanagan Jnr better than John’s? IMO there’s not much between them and they are both good footballers but neither has X factor.

Cooper Johns was signed as depth and has done his job fairly well to date. He is not on big money but none the less he is contributing well. He does well with ball in hand and his short kicking game is good. Sadly we are often absent a short kicking at all. His weakness is his defence partially attributable to his slight build. I’m glad we signed him.Is Flanagan Jnr better than John’s? IMO there’s not much between them and they are both good footballers but neither has X factor.
I reckon his defence hasn’t been too bad actually. For a smaller guy he doesn’t mind putting his body on the line.

I think the team would love having him around them, he certainly puts in when he plays and the team is undefeated when he does, so maybe some of the knockers should keep their powder dry until Flanagan gets here next season.

Yes, he comes across as an upbeat player. We could do with a few more of them. There are a couple of famous ‘long faces’ in the team.
Some of those players might have a bit more pressure on them to succeed and support those around them but I think he'd have to be good for morale and the stats don't lie. Unbeaten including pre-season with him in the halves

I don't hate having him in the team but he certainly hasn't proved to be anything other than average - so far. Not a total liability (like Schuster was last week) but also not a match winner either (like Schuster was a few weeks back).

He's a solid depth player. His defence is a bit lacking. But I wont fault his effort. He puts his body on the line, he just doesn't seem to have the technique or strength to be great defensively. But if he was a lot better.....we wouldn't have him for depth he would be running another team.

I reckon his defence hasn’t been too bad actually. For a smaller guy he doesn’t mind putting his body on the line.
Yes, I think he is quite rugged for a small player. He did have a bit of a shocker against Newcastle and I think people are basing their assumptions of his defence on that particular game...I think it was just an anomaly, as he is usually quite strong in defence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8