Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm with Bluey ... halves combination looked good, not sure Josh can wedge himself back in the side at 6 with Cooper playing solid footy like we just witnessed
Sooner or later, Schuster will find himself back in the back row. Meanwhile, Johns should be allowed to continue to develop as a halves’ option, in tandem with DCE for now, or later on with young Humphreys.

Of course there are numerous options, but it’s still early days in Cooper’s career, so why not see where it takes us.

Last edited:
I don't think Schuster has played more than two successive games at 6 in first grade to date. So, we will need to see him have a decent run in that position before deciding whether that's his best position for the sake of the team indefinitely, rather than just assume that to be true because some people have asserted it.

Otherwise, Johns was pretty solid, which was all that was needed with that performance from the forwards, plus DCE who had one of his best games.

I do agree that Shu has more upside but I am questioning whether Chez was able to shine because Cooper did a job at #6. Will be interesting to see what happens when Shu is back. Regardless it’s a good problem to have

CJ was OK. Not sure he’d make first grade starter in many clubs. But then again going by my tipping this week I know nothing… Must try harder…

Shu will be straight back in the side and will become a Manly great 5/8. As for CJ still a long way away from being first material. I would to see Fafita come off the bench in place of Burbo!

Straight back in…to lock forward.;)
not yet imo. He deserves a crack at it. Hes committed himself.. lost the weight. Looked great in the trial. Johns had a half decent game against an awful bulldogs. Wouldn't be calling for him yet. Let's gi e the shoe 5-7 games and see how he goes. Prefer we run Fifita at 13.

He was solid and did a good job, if Shu played against that dogs edge I've no doubt we come close to 50.

I do agree that Shu has more upside but I am questioning whether Chez was able to shine because Cooper did a job at #6. Will be interesting to see what happens when Shu is back. Regardless it’s a good problem to have
Think the fact our middle was strong had more of an influence on DCE's game than Cooper. Looking forward to Shu having a decent run in the 6 but it is always good to have competition for spots. Cooper also seems to have a good rapport with the players off the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2