Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing i noticed of John(well 2) is that both his non try and the mahoney try he looked a little hesitant to dive head first into both those opportunities and was a fraction late on both occasions.
He had a perfect opportunity to score that try and looked hesitant, was also a little late defending that try as he could have made it into field of play and stopped it short of the line.

One thing i noticed of John(well 2) is that both his non try and the mahoney try he looked a little hesitant to dive head first into both those opportunities and was a fraction late on both occasions.
He had a perfect opportunity to score that try and looked hesitant, was also a little late defending that try as he could have made it into field of play and stopped it short of the line.

Did not want to put his body on the line.

I feel like I watched a different game to most here. I thought Johns was poor overall. His passing is slow and he didn't offer much more than a catch and pass. I think Manly go closer to 40 or 50 with Schuster out there instead. First game of the season so still blowing out the cobwebs but I was very underwhelmed.

I feel like I watched a different game to most here. I thought Johns was poor overall. His passing is slow and he didn't offer much more than a catch and pass. I think Manly go closer to 40 or 50 with Schuster out there instead. First game of the season so still blowing out the cobwebs but I was very underwhelmed.
I agree, maybe it was seibs instructions to let dce control the game, I was most disappointed he couldn't beat King to the touchdown as he had a head start on him, he just waited to long for the ball to sit down on the turf.

I actually thought that too when I first watched it, but watching it again I think what happened with that attempted try was that he was trying to anticipate the bounce of the ball and it hitting the ground, in an effort to avoid putting his hand on it when it was in the air and knocking it on. I don't think he's afraid to put his body on the line. His defence shows he's willing to take on the big lads being sent his way.

Schuster has been a pain in the arse for nearly one and a half years. Can’t play consecutive games without an injury or day off. If CJ is in there toiling hard and does his job and Manly keep winning he deserves first crack.

But in the end, even if Schuster is straight back in it will all work out based on what we see out his commitment and performances. Remains to be seen but something has to change with him.

NYEagle

To be in the top 4 by season end , Schuster has to play 20+ games with Tom .Injuries are part of the game but if we can manage those 2 players well during the season ,top 4 is where we belong with a shot at winning the GF. I have no problem with Johns filling in now and then but we will not make the top 4 if he is our 6 for the rest of the season .Our win against a bottom 4 side in the doggies was through our defense .Our attack should have nailed 50+ points with the opportunities we had .

To be in the top 4 by season end , Schuster has to play 20+ games with Tom .Injuries are part of the game but if we can manage those 2 players well during the season ,top 4 is where we belong with a shot at winning the GF. I have no problem with Johns filling in now and then but we will not make the top 4 if he is our 6 for the rest of the season .Our win against a bottom 4 side in the doggies was through our defense .Our attack should have nailed 50+ points with the opportunities we had .
And don't forget Jakey boy

It was only the first game. You don’t want to play your GF in March.

How do the Cooper Johns fans feel after the Newcastle match?

Can't tackle, can't slide in defence, can't put his body on the line, can't run faster than our 2nd rowers.

Seriously Seibold, pick Weekes at 5/8th if the Schu is injured.

Can't tackle, can't slide in defence, can't put his body on the line, can't run faster than our 2nd rowers.

Agree on his defence, Blake Taffe brushed him off when he was in first gear last week playing for Blacktown, Weekes looks a better footballer hands down!!

He is ****, can’t believe we signed him.
Harper is Rubbish and can’t understand why Siebolds picks these two.
Garrick was totally outplayed which make think why he gets picked sometimes. Old mate showed him what a good winger looks like!

Sooner or later, Schuster will find himself back in the back row. Meanwhile, Johns should be allowed to continue to develop as a halves’ option, in tandem with DCE for now, or later on with young Humphreys.

Of course there are numerous options, but it’s still early days in Cooper’s career, so why not see where it takes us.

LOLOLOL

He really let me down today. I gotta let him go. He possibly just killed his career after today's performance

Not a great performance from Cooper but his effort was a lot better than most of the side. He’s a great character to have around the squad and I’m still glad Manly signed him.

Not a great performance from Cooper but his effort was a lot better than most of the side. He’s a great character to have around the squad and I’m still glad Manly signed him.
....yeah his kicking game is garbage got in the way in attack and Hastings and co found him out numerous times.
He can run the social club with Morgan Harper.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4