Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Attachments

• 1667267094908.jpeg
    1667267094908.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 25
Would suggest any back up who is proven or decent will want more than more than the min wage. Also they may want an opportunity to play first grade which may not happen with us

Not sure why there is so much heat on this - if it happens it a depth signing to replace the body of foz. In a squad make up they have decided they need a certain no of halves of which he would be...it does not mean he would be first off if there is an injury etc
disagree entirely

most people don't realise all of the nsw cup players are on 105k-150k min contracts

kyle laybutt is without a contract since what 2018 or something when he was with the cows.

Manly say hey mate come play for us - he is not replying with 'nah I want 200k-300k'...

Not sure why everyone is complaining, Johns might not be a big name signing but he has played 11 NRL games in my eyes that beats the dud Ron Massey Cup signings we have made in the past for our Cup Side. I'd rather Johns then some journey man half that has played at every club across the state. Welcome back to the Northern Beaches Coops
johns playing 11 NRL games is exactly why i don't want him

watched majority of them and proved each time all he can do is catch and pass. kicking game is average.

in other words - has proven time and again he is not even close to first grade quality. he isn't even proper reserve grade quality.

great bloke by all reports but if thats the criteria to be our backup 7 i'm sure a few silvertails on this website would love to put their hand up

I think it’s unanimous, he’s a good bloke.
Cooper and Matty Johns might be the good PR we need in 2023
Morale hasn’t been great in 2022.
He comes across as a captain goodvibes minus the scandals and trouble.
That may transfer on field but I don’t expect to see Cooper there in 1st grade on game day

Taking the positives like a minimum wage contract, Melbourne Storm inside knowledge, Famous Dad in the media and we filled a spot for NSW Cup that won’t threaten Humphries or Weeks game time or development…

johns playing 11 NRL games is exactly why i don't want him

watched majority of them and proved each time all he can do is catch and pass. kicking game is average.

in other words - has proven time and again he is not even close to first grade quality. he isn't even proper reserve grade quality.

great bloke by all reports but if thats the criteria to be our backup 7 i'm sure a few silvertails on this website would love to put their hand up
Catch and pass eh? After 2022 he would be our best player with those attributes

Who was it that looked at our roster and thought, "I know what we need. Some more
bog average players." ?

This makes zero sense when we have Weekes and Fainu.

Unless he's playing for free, I'll pass.
Lol Latu Fainu is 17?? 🤣🤣🤣
We already have Jamie Humphreys mate , who’s been waiting quietly in the wings , let’s reward him first hey !!

Cheers
Its not about rewarding anyone though mate. Its about finding the right piece of the puzzle.

Lol Latu Fainu is 17?? 🤣🤣🤣

Its not about rewarding anyone though mate. Its about finding the right piece of the puzzle.
Yes can’t argue with that and if he’s not the goods then maybe this is a good signing.

Haven’t seen enough of him to really comment.

disagree entirely

most people don't realise all of the nsw cup players are on 105k-150k min contracts

kyle laybutt is without a contract since what 2018 or something when he was with the cows.

Manly say hey mate come play for us - he is not replying with 'nah I want 200k-300k'...
Why do no NRL clubs seem to want Kyle Laybutt ? There must be a reason. He looks great for PNG whenever he plays for them.

Bloke wouldn’t make most reserve grade sides.

If we need a backup half why don’t we sign PNG’s Kyle Laybutt who has performed again and again for them at international level the past few years.
Pretty sure Kyles dad doesn’t have his own TV show. Nepotism you say? Never.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8