Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would be a cheap back up and there isn't many half's available.
I have always thought Matty was a Manly fan, he comes across as loving the club, doesn't hurt to have someone in the media onboard.

Just because you don't make it at Melbourne doesn't mean you can't make it elsewhere, the salary cap dictates that.

Would be a cheap back up and there isn't many half's available.
I have always thought Matty was a Manly fan, he comes across as loving the club, doesn't hurt to have someone in the media onboard.

Just because you don't make it at Melbourne doesn't mean you can't make it elsewhere, the salary cap dictates that.
At best Johns is just a link man to move the ball along, but is a good defender tho..

Who was it that looked at our roster and thought, "I know what we need. Some more
bog average players." ?

This makes zero sense when we have Weekes and Fainu.

Unless he's playing for free, I'll pass.

Last edited:
People who bagged Des’ slow strategy for developing of our roster over the years better be quite whelmed with the recruitment direction since he got booted. That cowboy guy, Keppie’s random contract top up, mid 20’s Dean matterson, a mid 20’s tigers forward, Cooper Johns and the pursuit of a 600K ill-disciplined bench prop from a mediocre team (flegler).

I do believe Cooper is a good character to have around the club, but on the field we should expect nothing.

Also while I think Garrick at centre is a fine move, publicly announcing it wasn’t the best idea.

Sure we have to fill roster spots but stuff like Keppie’s resigning boggles the mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be good for team morale/banter having a joker in the pack.. "God" knows we could use some after the season we just had!

I do think we needed an extra body in the halves. As a 1 year deal to bridge till Latu arrives I'm fine with it.

I dont see this as obstructing Humphries and certainly not Weekes

I do think we needed an extra body in the halves.
Have you seen him, Disco? He barely has a body. He looks like the "Before" photo of the 97-pound weakling who gets sand kicked in his face. Makes Mitchell Moses look like a muscle-bound giant.

Apart from that, I have never seen him do anything on a footy field that would convince me he'd even be a good backup option at the Belrose Eagles, let alone the Sea Eagles.

But hey, if they're trying to get me excited about the signing of Kelma Tuilaga, this could do the trick…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6