Congratulations Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cronk sin binning was 100% correct, he knew what he was doing and he stopped what would have been more than likely a try. Professional foul every day of the week, not even close to the harshness of Jakes call.

The trainer one was similar to how we got dudded a few years ago against the Dogs when the ball hit the ref - it's a **** rule, but it's the rule. Maybe the NRL should be looking at why trainers are on the filed so much directing play ??

The six again call was game changing, so many sliding door moments there. Yes great ball from Mitchell (only thing he did all night), but do they get that exact opportunity if the Raiders do something other than die with the ball because the ref changed their call ??

Cronk sinbin I can live with as whether we think it’s right or wrong they’ve been consistent with this in the back half of the season - consistently stupid but consistent nonetheless.

In regards to the trainer being on, what the hell is doing on there in the first few minutes of the match? No one should be gassed, no one seemed injured enough to require attention, so why was he out there?
This is something that really needs to be looked at - maybe a limit of time they can be out there not attending injuries, I don’t know the answer.

The six again fiasco wouldn’t be such a big deal if it’d happened early in the game - not that it excuses it. But with less than 10 mins to go it was pretty much a situation that the next to score most likely wins so it is a huge moment.
Yes the Raiders had the weight of possession in the 2nd half and the Chooks defended brilliantly but with the game in the balance like that there really shouldn’t be stuff ups by the refs for something as simple as that.

Whether the Cronk sin bin , the bad pass or the other penalties were penalties or not
The big issue is that he changed his decision in the middle of the play you just can’t do that , once the play stops they have an opportunity to change which they have in the past but on the run is just wrong that’s the issue I have
Cummings should never referee a major game again

Gee, I thought I was one eyed. Watch the Crock tackle again, he couldn't see when Papalii got the ball, his head was turned to make the tackle and he was utterly unsighted. Plus, he made the tackle. All this talk that it would have been a try is rubbish. Cronk had him covered.

It's as harsh as the Jake call. If not harsher. At least this was in play.
I watched it and in my opinion he made the decision to go that bit early on the tackle to give himself an edge in knocking Papali before he could get set for impact. When you are running to hit a line you concentrate on catching pass than the impact - Cronk has played over 360 games of NRL and he knows how to time a tackle - he took the odds on getting the jump on Papali and it didn't work - sin bin was right call. So if you are "unsighted" you can pick off attackers with impunity ?? The onus is on the defender to be sure that the person he is tackling has the ball, it's a basic rule of the game.

I'm not saying it would have been a try - that never entered into my thought process. But he "made" the tackle because he hit the man early and caught him off guard, if the runner has that split second to switch focus from catch to run then you'd take the odds on Papali scoring there more often than not against someone like Cronk. Anyway it's just my opinion against yours, I thought it was a fair call - nothing I've seen will change my mind on that.

A mate of mine ( Eagles supporter) just posted this on Facebook, it’s probably a pretty fair wrap up when you read it, not my words but he’s probably not far from wrong.

‪” My thoughts on the NRL #GrandFinal “controversy”.

I think Raiders should have been penalised for taking out the kickers legs prior to the trainer infringement, so no issue with Roosters getting the ensuing scrum feed.

My initial thought on the Cronk sin-binning was that the hit was simultaneous. Replays show it was a fraction of a second early which you see a handful of times every match, so 10 minutes in the bin is a very harsh penalty much like Jake Turbo’s sin-binning 2 weeks ago. Raiders got the rub on that one, and a significant rub at that.

Yes we all saw the 6 again call. Yes it affected the rest of that play. Yes Jack Wighton probably passes or kicks again if the initial call stayed as last tackle. Yes it sucks the refs impacted the game at a key moment. No that doesn’t mean Canberra definitely score if Wighton plays on. No it doesn’t negate the brilliant try the Roosters score moments later. That pass from Latrell was world class, and was finished off by the best player on the planet at the moment. No that one call didn’t cost the Raiders a premiership. Leilua not passing to an unmarked Rapana within metres of the try line had just as much impact on the final result.

In summation we all love to pile on to the refs when they stuff up and they did, so have at it. But the fight back from the Roosters to score that final try after defending for 10 minutes with a man down to win back to back premierships was impressive and should not be overlooked in favour of sensationalising one moment in an 80 minute match. Great game, I feel for the Raiders they were valiant in defeat, well done Roosters. GO MANLY IN 2020”
Posting this for a friend.. horse **** on all points..
:)

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

AFL is now the game we can now support in 2020. Just can't watch league when the currupt refereeing impacts all finals series. The GF was just the icing on top. West Coast Eagles please change your colours to maroon and white. Some things we just can't live without.

Maybe you should watch the 2016 AFL grand final and watch the leg-ups/free kicks the Western Bulldogs received over the course of the entire game. This game makes the NRL look squeaky clean!

(And I can't stand the Swans, by the way).

I kept hearing "Easts have been the best team all season".
No. Melbourne was clearly the best team up until the finals.
Easts have the best roster money can buy. That's all.
I'm standing by for Easts to actually strengthen their roster next season. This latest premiership was too close for comfort.
It helps when their roster is willing to play for sixty percent of their market value, or so they say.

When you can buy a state of origin player and sit him on the bench nearly all season you know that something stinks with that.
When no other club can do that. A club with no juniors, no supporters, no demographic appeal to a sport like rugby league can dominate a supposedly fair and level salary cap system. It just fuking stinks. If a fish rots from the head then you know who starts the rot in nrl. He even looks like a bloated rotting fish.

When you can buy a state of origin player and sit him on the bench nearly all season you know that something stinks with that.
When no other club can do that. A club with no juniors, no supporters, no demographic appeal to a sport like rugby league can dominate a supposedly fair and level salary cap system. It just fuking stinks. If a fish rots from the head then you know who starts the rot in nrl. He even looks like a bloated rotting fish.

I have said it before, the Roosters offer the least to rugby league in the Sydney metro area and wouldn't be missed at all. Souths would simply move into their tiny area and make it their own.

Somebody told me years ago that the Roosters would be happy for Manly to disappear and would just add the Northern Beaches to their catchment area. Geographically it makes sense. With what Fittler said about Manly re-locating, I am beginning to really wonder if this is their long term play. Or should I just take off my tin-foil hat? I guess we will see...

It stinks but this is nrl. One good thing for eagles where close to this we beat raiders twice.
Bj leuluia cost raiders alot forward pass and lazy on ground in tackle. Roosters may be cocky but there beatable next season there biggest weapon in teddy is nullified when bombing on last takes away his running game.

I have said it before, the Roosters offer the least to rugby league in the Sydney metro area and wouldn't be missed at all. Souths would simply move into their tiny area and make it their own.

Somebody told me years ago that the Roosters would be happy for Manly to disappear and would just add the Northern Beaches to their catchment area. Geographically it makes sense. With what Fittler said about Manly re-locating, I am beginning to really wonder if this is their long term play. Or should I just take off my tin-foil hat? I guess we will see...
Well as long as the club (i.e. the owners) do nothing outrageously stupid, that will never happen.

And yes, they have had their ravenous eyes on our juniors (Sleepy Ferrills, come on down!) since the washup from the Superleague War.

I worry about the Roosters playing games at Gosford. If they claim the central coast as theirs then it makes our fan catchment appear very isolated. Feels a bit like a game of NRL Risk right now.
I know it takes more games away from Brookie, but the club needs to get us back there soon.

Best we can hope for now is for the premierships to be stripped after their obvious salary cap rorting is exposed. But it won't happen as long as Greenberg is CEO.
It probably won't happen but after last night's game I imagine the number of people wanting to bring them down has hit a new high. Surely there is a limit to the corruption and/or incompetence at NRL HQ and hopefully we aren't too far off hitting bottom and then someone taking a broom through the entire organisation.

The refs decided this game, the change of call was a massive blunder and took the air out of the game and confidence in it.

Feels like the Roosters did not win fair and square. In their defence, the Roosters are not a dirty team (like the Storm) and generally play fairly. Raiders should have won last night though. Very good coaching by Ricky.
It seems to me that the outcome of almost every game these referees are involved in is decided more by the officials rather than the teams playing, especially in the case of Sutton, it matters not the outcome, Sutton seems to be untouchable, to be rewarded after his efforts in his two preceding matches tells me that nepotism is alive and well in todays NRL

It probably won't happen but after last night's game I imagine the number of people wanting to bring them down has hit a new high. Surely there is a limit to the corruption and/or incompetence at NRL HQ and hopefully we aren't too far off hitting bottom and then someone taking a broom through the entire organisation.

not to far from hitting rock bottom ? We are on our way to hell in a hand basket Muzz ,esp after last nights administrive atrocity.
You hope that Vlandys is sitting watch this complete clown show unravel on the biggest night of the year (not to mention the entire finals series) and saying to himself enough is enough for the good of the game Greenburg ,the Suttons ,the MRC ,the bunker, the cosy relationship with "senior players", the diamond ring giving to koala's, the ignorance of the grass roots, the persecution of traditional stadiums,the total f up that is the balance sheet ,the blatant favoring of teams such as the Rorters ,Broncos,Squeels and Scum ,the falling crowds ,the plummeting TV audiences (down 800k on last years) the farce that is the salary cap, the rort that is the TPA system ,the soon to be bungled rights negotiations, the pandering to the Me Too ers,the moronic virtue signalling,the take it turns to win the GF between Roosters and Scum ,etc etc ALL HAS TO GO !!! I also forgot to add the 2 referees a total failure (look at the ESL or even the 2008 GF the game is sooo much better to watch)

Greenburg and what he has done is a stain on the game that I hope Vlandys is strong enough to expunge and banish.

Greenburg makes me pine for David Smith ,David Moffatt and David Gallop ,my god how low have we sunk when someone says they miss the ineptitude of David Moffatt over the scharmy incompetent that is Greenburg and his pet imbecile Beatoff.
So in my opinion we have hit rock bottom and we can only hope that Vlandys can turn the listing and fasting sinking NRL around and in the process jettison the dead wood that is all of the above but especially the creator of the mess ,,,Greenburg (the NRLs public enemy number 1)
Go Manly

Last edited:
The Roosters greatness is an inspiration to us all. Coaching was impressive, especially the decision to select young Crichton on the bench, it meant that losing Aubusson early barely caused a ripple. And can't knock the outstanding recruitment. Signing a bloke like Taukeaho for only 275k, no-one else would have thought of that so credit where its due.
Some of the Roosters players are surely headed for rep honours very soon. Credit also to the Raiders, they tried everything, so close, didn't get the 'rub of the green' in a couple of key moments but who cares. Not I :devil:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2