Congrats to Dan, DSM and all at Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know it's sort of been said in a thank you to DSM thread already, but I wanted to add my thanks to Dan and his mods for a fantastic job over the last two weeks. This must not have been an easy job, with hundreds of fans coming on and wanting to "say their bit" (and thus speculate on what was being said) and so necessary to be keeping an eye on things almost 24/7.

We must never forget that this is a largely (as yet) unfunded website which you all enjoy at zero cost, these guys don't get paid they just do it for the satisfaction they provide.

Dan,Nate, Mata and the others give of their time to ensure it all works well and is legally kept above board, and we should all be very appreciative of this.

There have been many here critical of the closure of the MWSE forum, but if you consider they had one person doing that and when he left they felt the resources could be used better elsewhere. If you consider the two weeks that have just been you can begin to understand their thinking.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome of today I just want to say again what a top effort this has been and in all the years I have been on sports forums (and others) I have never seen anything like this...take a bow guys you deserve every accolade you get.

Hear hear.
By the way I don't mind DSM's idea (I think it was) about the site having a reporter to bring more insider info to us on a much more regular basis. Of course we'll just have to obtain that goat, otherwise Dessie will veto the idea.

Agree.  A damm fine effort by DSM and everyone involved. 

Well done to everyone invlolved, especially DSM5. I have never been so happy about a result than I am right now. I have goose bumps.

The daily reports have been fair-handed and great, and the further the trial went on the more obvious it became that the trial was a joke - something that should never have proceed.
I was hoping that the judge may make these comments.
Today's report was emotional and very profound. I pasted it to some friends to give them a better idea of the facts in the case.
Who 'pays' for the two years of torment the Stewarts have gone through, and reimburses them for the legal fees - clearing a name that never should have had to been cleared?
Everyone has lost here, including the so called justice system for allowing such a spurious charge to ever get beyond the very first night when it must have been obvious that the allegations were wrong.
Congratulations to all those associated with reporting on this case on this website.

Good point Barry......perhaps DSM can answer.....is there a chance that Brett's legal fees could be covered by the Crown?

I think Awarding of costs is only "court costs" and not Lawyers fees, I'd expect if they were to pursue anything for recovery of that it would be through different avenues.

But i could be very wrong on that.

Superb job DSM5,Dan and anyone else involved...

DSM5's reports had me glued to this site every afternoon.At the start I thought he may have been a bit biased,as the trial went on I realised how weak the evidence was and realised DSM5 had'nt been biased at all...
Great reporting!!  
Don't know what your occupation is but if it ain't journalism than it damn well should be!!

hi
i would also like to thank DSM & Dan for all there work updates like all of us have been glued to this site to get all the right information i thank you both and amd very please the right outcome once again thankyou both

Nthn NSW link said:
Superb job DSM5,Dan and anyone else involved...

DSM5's reports had me glued to this site every afternoon.At the start I thought he may have been a bit biased,as the trial went on I realised how weak the evidence was and realised DSM5 had'nt been biased at all...
Great reporting!! 
Don't know what your occupation is but if it ain't journalism than it damn well should be!!

It was psychology ;)

Hopefully Brett's legal costs will be covered by selling the story to a magazine and tv station. The family will always be emotionally out of pocket but shouldn't have to bear the financial cost as well.

Sensational reporting DSM5 - I'm sure I can speak for every fan on this site when I say we appreciate everything you've done over the past weeks for us.

Thanks to Dan and all the other mods as well for making sure this didn't end up being a forum based on personal opinion of the trial. (Having said that I bet we all had the same feelings on the matter).

This has been said elsewhere BUT I reckon the insights we have had with this case have been truely unique, and Dan must have picked up dozens more fans as a result.

And how good was it that the Stewart family thanked him and made mention of the reporting on here...... SO they HAVE been reading our messages and will no doubt read what was said today at a later stage.

This is ground breaking stuff and should win Dan an award!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
This has been said elsewhere BUT I reckon the insights we have had with this case have been truely unique, and Dan must have picked up dozens more fans as a result.

And how good was it that the Stewart family thanked him and made mention of the reporting on here...... SO they HAVE been reading our messages and will no doubt read what was said today at a later stage.

This is ground breaking stuff and should win Dan an award!

My hope is only that it wins us some respect and allows us a better relationship with the club. I would love to be able to get someone able to go to after match interviews etc and see if we can finally get the site a more official affiliation.

The ghosts of the past should now finally be put aside. We are a serious site and contender.

Dan

Dan

Whatever Ghosts existed...have just had "Ghost Busters" play a visit.

They are goooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnneeeeee

The Burrow and Kennel can go to hell.  Silvertails is now the supreme unofficial fan site in the NRL.

This is the only "Sea Eagles supporters" that has any credibility for the bulk of people who are members or get to the game or have regular contact with those that do. (And you do know players and officials do have the odd quick sqizz on here?)

It has been great to see that posters over the last few weeks have realised the seriousness of the proceedings and that it could have a huge impact on a young mans life and rather than just spout the "GO MANLY...GALLOP IS A GOOSE" mentality and have stepped back and observed or commented appropriately.

A great reflection on the (majority) of posters and especially this site

vidmar link said:
This is the only \"Sea Eagles supporters\" that has any credibility for the bulk of people who are members or get to the game or have regular contact with those that do. (And you do know players and officials do have the odd quick sqizz on here?)
Ouch, Vid... players read stuff on here?

Telling a red-head that red-heads have hot tempers is a sure way to give him one.  And mentally rehearsing goalshooting produces similar results to actual practice in improving accuracy.

So each time players read here they say can't catch a ball, are they mentally rehearsing dropping balls?  Are they programming themselves for failure with each post read about their supposed shortcomings?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2