Congrats boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Its another loss and we have some massive issues to address (not least our halves and attack generally) but imo the boys can hold their head up and take some pride in their effort tonight...

...I have been one of their biggest critics and I still don't hold a lot of hope for 2021/22 BUT they worked their butts off tonight - particularly our forwards...

Its another loss and we have some massive issues to address (not least our halves and attack generally) but imo the boys can hold their head up and take some pride in their effort tonight...

...I have been one of their biggest critics and I still don't hold a lot of hope for 2021/22 BUT they worked their butts off tonight - particularly our forwards...
Forwards have had a crack but they get nothing from the second rowers,granted the conditions weren’t suited for anything spectacular,but Manly’s successful teams have always had dynamic back rowers and theres no one at the club fitting that description currently.But they may as well leave DCE out whenever there’s any rain as he is atrocious in the wet

Last edited:

Yep, To lose only by 14 points to quality opposition is a win for me. If we can be around 12th to 14th by the end of year, its a great year

Yep, To lose only by 14 points to quality opposition is a win for me. If we can be around 12th to 14th by the end of year, its a great year
'Great' might be a little far for me but if they show effort like that each week than we will win our share of games...

Hopefully they are 'up' for next week when they are not coming off a 44 point loss...

I saw some really positive signs in the forwards - Pamela (MOM), Keppie,Alioai, Jake we’re terrific and big efforts from Marty.

I can also live with Foran and DCE. They will still be good in a good team.

But our 1-5 and lack of hooker are an absolute shambles. We have no backline and no go-forward from a small quick man in the middle.

This year will be all about avoiding the spoon, and then we have to ship out Walker, Garrick and Parker (who is injured every game).

Need to secure the hooking spot and find roles for Silu and Saab so they can be effective.

MYEagle

They had a go but ,
I’m not happy with the display they put on
South’s got a couple of lucky tries in the first half
Manly could have won that and they should’ve,but the lack of game management in the wet cost us South’s were there for the taking but we played worse than they did ,

We must have been watching different games. We were woeful. Our backs are some of the worst in the competition, there is no hunger in our attack.
We do not threaten the line in any way, it’s like we just amble up waiting to finish the set to hand the ball over.
These pathetic half end over end chip kicks we put up are doing my head in.
This isn’t even half my rant. I’d love to know what voodoo Desmond pulled to get a new 2 year deal. Our boring unimaginative attack is outdated, his mind games are outdated and our edge defence is poor.

We must have been watching different games. We were woeful. Our backs are some of the worst in the competition, there is no hunger in our attack.
We do not threaten the line in any way, it’s like we just amble up waiting to finish the set to hand the ball over.
These pathetic half end over end chip kicks we put up are doing my head in.
This isn’t even half my rant. I’d love to know what voodoo Desmond pulled to get a new 2 year deal. Our boring unimaginative attack is outdated, his mind games are outdated and our edge defence is poor.
Same game... my comments in other threads said basically the same as you... I am just giving credit for their effort (mostly in defence) tonight...

I agree that our 'structures' (for want of a better word) are terrible but we could easily have lost by 30+ tonight but I reckon they showed some grit and copped a couple of unlucky tries (and some that they just got outplayed)

Well said, Frankie boy.

They had a go but ,
I’m not happy with the display they put on
South’s got a couple of lucky tries in the first half
Manly could have won that and they should’ve,but the lack of game management in the wet cost us South’s were there for the taking but we played worse than they did ,
since when did we ever win a game in the wet?

Same game... my comments in other threads said basically the same as you... I am just giving credit for their effort (mostly in defence) tonight...

I agree that our 'structures' (for want of a better word) are terrible but we could easily have lost by 30+ tonight but I reckon they showed some grit and copped a couple of unlucky tries (and some that they just got outplayed)

I get the feeling that Dessie will be using these sort of terms in his presser.

Just LOL at being impressed by losing by only 14,,,,,how the mighty have fallen.

We have to change the backline. Parker needs to go as a bare minimum. I can't fault the guys effort, he tries his heart out but is just way to slow for a centre. I thought

Walker was okay tonight. He sparked a few attacking raids. Suli's carries were strong. Saab, shows promise. If it were up to me, I'd bring in Tuipulotu, Funa or Harper, and drop Parker and Garrick.

We have to change the backline. Parker needs to go as a bare minimum. I can't fault the guys effort, he tries his heart out but is just way to slow for a centre. I thought

Walker was okay tonight. He sparked a few attacking raids. Suli's carries were strong. Saab, shows promise. If it were up to me, I'd bring in Tuipulotu, Funa or Harper, and drop Parker and Garrick.

Back 5 should be

Turbo
Saab
Walker
Koula
Harper

Speed in attack and defence. Koula can be backup fullback

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10