Complacency

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
You'd think we'd won the Grand Final the way all of of a sudden cats like Randall and King have become world beaters in the eyes of our posters.

One reasonable performance all season and all is forgiven? Hardly likely from this melancholy.

Randall was made to look good by Stewart - we'd be butchering him if the pass that set up the equalising try (and it was a terrible effort you must admit) had been intercepted for a 12 point turnaround. It was a very close run thing.

King started the game in the usual fashion, missing some crucial tackles. He did come good towards the end.

I'd still rather see Randall dropped as he has the ability to implode.

All King has done is earned the benefit of the doubt for another week. It remains to be seen whether he can reproduce his second half heroics. His season-long debacles are still too fresh in the mind to be forgotten.

Remember lads - mediocrity will not be tolerated. If any of our 17 is complacent this weekend and plays in mediocre fashion, we will be put to the sword.

And we'll all be doom and gloom again next week - especially if the Bulldogs and Storm manage to jag a win.

Mark my words. I will hate to have to say "I told you so" come 5pm on Sunday. :naughty: :naughty:

agreed but at least they tried which is all i care about.i still have my doubts over king and hecks should be put back in this week.williamson for randall is a must so we have a kicker as well.

We just rolled the broncos ffs. No one is saying we have had a sensational season but the guys who's form we have been questioning all season gave 110% and ill be happy for the rest of the week because of it.

heres a huge WHAT IF !!!

Randall throws that Pass, Stewy doesnt get the bounce and Berrigan picks it up and goes the length to score and we lose.

Would we still be praising "Catwalk" Randall ??

I would be saying exactly the same thing as I did last week. They tried hard but were unlucky.

I am not all doom and gloom but getting a victory against the the leading team is a good start. I agree with Mata as losing five in a row and getting euphoric after a one point win is not being realistic. The problem is we don't win games in a really convincing fashion - no run away scores. We win by grafting up the middle, desperate defence and looking for a bit of luck out wide. Most tries earlier this season came from the forwards.

So where do we deserve to be? About 6th to 10th is right. We just don't look dangerous like the Cowboys, Dragons, Broncos and even the Eeels when they are firing.

When an opposing team puts on a few early tries (even if it is by poor refereeing or just luck) I think we will be hard pressed to get back into a game when it comes down to the business end of the season. The next two games will show whether we can keep it going. Both Knights and Sharks can be very impressive as shown last weekend. We cannot pin all our hopes on Choc being the saviour - there are another 11 that need to deliver (I am removing Beaver, BK1 & 2. Stewart & Williamson). No naming the usual transgressors this week who did show what they can do, but we will all be watching them closely.

If I was a betting man which given my recent form it's a good thing I'm not, I would bet the only change this week will be Choc in for Tutt. Imo Des will reward the current squad for their efforts against the Bronco's and Hecks in PL will keep the pressure on the other forwards.

Heckenberg MUST be promoted.

He's our unsung hero - it's no fluke that our winning run started to stagger when he was injured. He's always there to make the tough metres or the clutch tackle.

Not for nothing was he Matabele's player of 2004.

re-watching the game last night Minogue and Harris were far more effective than King and Randall!

agreed, He is a very consistent player at the moment. Defends well runs the ball hard and makes very few mistakes and gives away very few penalties. If the whole team improve on their performance on agains thte Broncos the they will be unstoppable!

Hecks played very well in PL btw. He should get in.

My views change week to week depending on performance.

Makes it easier to give credit were its due, without having to search for reason why a player didn't perform :)

Mark actually pulls beers at the club during the week - therefore he wouldn't be on much. He might get an upgrade soon though I would suggest.

If anything, the Knights will be complacent. They've just beaten the Bulldogs and Storm in consecutive weeks.

Heckenberg MUST be promoted.

He's our unsung hero - it's no fluke that our winning run started to stagger when he was injured. He's always there to make the tough metres or the clutch tackle.

Not for nothing was he Matabele's player of 2004.

I hope your right (and probably will be) I just think Des is a great one for maintaing the status quo. Look how long he resisted change during the losing streak and other than favorite son Choc may have made a pact with the other players along the lines of keep producing and stay in 1st grade

There is no way on this earth the team will be complacent ...we are playing Newcastle at Newcastle against the best player in the world...they should even be favourites!!!!!!! Won't Kennedy be pumped up and the boys will follow his lead...pity it ain't on Fox till 6pm......

I thought Hecks was still under cooked in Premier League. The prop who stood out was Mailangi Styles. He looked like a 1st grader, playing against 12 year olds.

As in my YART post (that nobody responded to cry, cry), I think:-

Willow - Hooker,
Dunley - Off the Bench,

i.e.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Terry Hill
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks
06. Micahel Witt
07. Michael Monaghan
08. Brent Kite
09. Luke Williamson
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Sam Harris
16. Kylie Leuleuai
17. Mark Bryant

i thought Randall took some pressure off Monas with his kicking.. its not too bad.. maybe we should play Chad at 5/8. lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4