Cody Walker blackmailed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's the police that aren't charging him with anything ... he will probably still get hit by the NRL ...

But WTF are the police thinking .... they fine the 2 blokes squaring off one on one $500 ... but say the third man in who blindsides and assaults one of them with a kick ... nothing ... did nothing wrong ... nada .... everybody should do it .... FMD .... the cops are on happy gas ...
Interesting but not a total shock. Fighting in the street is a classic affray offence, or at least offensive behaviour. It's a defence to those charges if your actions are in self defence, but clearly neither of the original combatants could claim that. Walker on the other hand has claimed his action was to defend someone, which then raises questions about whether he believed his action was necessary in the circumstances as he saw it at the time. And whether the police could prove otherwise.

Even if he's not charged by police I'll be amazed if he escapes some stiff penalty from the league.

As said...

South Sydney Rabbitohs star half Cody Walker has been suspended for two matches for a kung-fu style kick on a man during a fight in December, while the club has been fined $20,000 for not informing the NRL of the incident.

The 30-year-old has also been given a $15,000 suspended fine.

South Sydney Rabbitohs star Cody Walker has been hit with a two match suspension for his involvement in a street fight.

The Rabbitohs were also hit with a $20,000 fine for not informing the NRL of the incident.

It was reported earlier this week South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett was the only person at the club who was aware of the incident.

According to Nine's NRL reporter Danny Weidler, Bennett hasn't been hit with any sanctions at this stage.

Walker also copped a suspended $15,000 fine, while the Rabbitohs now have five days to respond to the $20,000 penalty they were hit with.

Following the sanctions, the Rabbitohs released an official statement:

"The South Sydney Rabbitohs have confirmed the receipt of a breach notice regarding non-compliance with the NRL's Code of Conduct from the NRL today," the statement read.

"The Club has five days to respond to the breach notice and will be taking that time to consider its position.

Why hasn't Bennett been fined, chastised or suspended for his obvious breach of NRL protocol in such matters?

This is a SERIOUS conflagration of NRL administration protocols.

Please don't tell me the NRL don't want this type of negative press at a time like this!

This is EXACTLY the right time to cut shlt like this out of the game.

Bennett's deregistration is the only way to send a message that the NRL is now serious about administering the game.

Last edited:
Can't read too much into the penalties because the entire game is hanging by a thread right now, the NRL just want a restart with as little sideshow distraction as possible so they don't want penalties so severe that player/club will challenge them and prolong the entire fiasco.
At any other time I think the club could have been hit with something 10 times harder but fact is, dollars are so scarce in the game right now.

they fine the 2 blokes squaring off one on one $500 ... but say the third man in who blindsides and assaults one of them with a kick

I watched the 4+ minute video. Was it just me, but we they not fighting each other with respect, integrity and honour. Dare one say, Queensbury almost.

Okay, maybe not exactly Queensbury, because one bloke looked very much larger than the other.

It seemed that there was mutual respect shown by both guys and their mates towards each other at the beginning, middle and end of the disagreement. Touching of fists (gloves), man hugs, no dog shots.

The only dog shot was the flying kick about halfway through the proceedings.

Third man in. Ten in the bin (or the real world equivalent).

I watched the 4+ minute video. Was it just me, but we they not fighting each other with respect, integrity and honour. Dare one say, Queensbury almost.
Yeah that did look quite impressive.
However ... a bare knuckle fist fight, between a heavyweight and a welterweight, on a hard road surface, with both blokes apparently well pissed, er ...what could possibly go wrong!

So, it was all about toilet paper...

South Sydney owner Russell Crowe says he has seen more violence in supermarket toilet-paper scuffles than Cody Walker’s karate kick in a street fight that landed him a two-week ban from the NRL.
“The video needs to be understood within the context of grief and the wake of a young relative’s suicide, and the cultural context of a small town rocked by that death,” Crowe said.

“I think we’ve all seen more violence recently over toilet rolls in supermarkets."

Crowe is also impressed with Bennetts decision to do SFA...
“As a club we require Wayne Bennett to take responsibility for his men and we believe he has shown that leadership here,” Crowe said".
He declared Bennett’s actions showed why he is “the pre-eminent man manager in the game”

“That Wayne came to a conclusion made on his trust in Cody to be truthful, accept that truth, and show his respect to the player in return, shows you why the players hold Mr Bennett in such high regard" WTF?

Last edited:
So, it was all about toilet paper...

South Sydney owner Russell Crowe says he has seen more violence in supermarket toilet-paper scuffles than Cody Walker’s karate kick in a street fight that landed him a two-week ban from the NRL.
“The video needs to be understood within the context of grief and the wake of a young relative’s suicide, and the cultural context of a small town rocked by that death,” Crowe said.

“I think we’ve all seen more violence recently over toilet rolls in supermarkets."

Crowe is also impressed with Bennetts decision to do SFA...
“As a club we require Wayne Bennett to take responsibility for his men and we believe he has shown that leadership here,” Crowe said".
He declared Bennett’s actions showed why he is “the pre-eminent man manager in the game”

“That Wayne came to a conclusion made on his trust in Cody to be truthful, accept that truth, and show his respect to the player in return, shows you why the players hold Mr Bennett in such high regard" WTF?
Not a fan of Paul Kent but he made a good call on NRL360 today - Bennett has gone from a coach that commands the dressing room to one that manages it because if he loses the players it will cast a negative light on his abilities at 70 and impact upon his chances of being picked up by another club in 2022... he is already calling people at the dragons trying to line up his next contract apparently...

Are we not going to mention the Raiders referee? Thought he did a pretty good job, until cockhead got involved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4