Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He even put it in a sledge:
_
Lyon knew Burns was struggling and made sure to let him know about it, as the stump microphone picked up some sarcastic analysis.

“Rory, you’re playing me really well,” Lyon said, we suspect with tongue planted firmly in cheek. “I wouldn’t change a thing to be honest.”

This was a couple of days ago (apparently)

I didn't hear anything about it, and no one posted it here (that's unlike us).

Anyway... storm in a 'stubby holder'...?

It's the $11.95 stubby holder that has fans from rival NRL clubs Manly and Canterbury frothing for vastly different reasons.

The Sea Eagles are selling the antagonistic beer insulators at their leagues club merchandise store and online, celebrating the club record 66-0 thrashing of the Bulldogs in round 16.

Stephen Lucas – creator of the 'Guess What? Manly hates you too!!!' banner – jokingly asked: "Why wouldn’t Manly celebrate their biggest win?

"I would have thought the Bulldogs were accustomed to being thrashed by big scores seeing as though they have the record for the two highest defeats in the history of league.

"Maybe in hindsight they shouldn’t have let go the coach (Hasler) that took them to their first two grand finals in over a decade!

(lol)

But lifetime Dogs fanatic Anthony Davidson was only too happy to do Canterbury's bidding.

He told us: "It's only a stubby holder we're talking about but it shows a small club mentality when you celebrate a regular season win against a team coming last with 13 players missing.

"I couldn't see Canterbury doing the same if the result was reversed. (b/s)

"Be Manly, don't be a dog!"
Where do you buy them, I followed the link to the Big Outlet store and got a 404 page not found error.

Must be sold out or was hacked by a Dogs supporter.

Where do you buy them, I followed the link to the Big Outlet store and got a 404 page not found error.

Must be sold out or was hacked by a Dogs supporter.

They seem to be back...!

shop away, woohoo

I tend to agree with the Canterbury supporter.

It was only the biggest win in terms of the points margin anyway. Not the highest amount of points scored in a game, nor the the highest number of tries scored. That remains the 70-7 win vs Penrith in 1973.

Last time I checked, they hadn’t released a ‘commemorative’ stubby for that one.

I can't agree Terry! Any memorable Manly moment is perfect subject for a trinkety momento. They are really just novelty items for fans to enjoy, not trophies to be mounted on the wall of the club (assuming the club even has a wall?)
For example I wouldn't mind having a stubby cooler celebrating Turbo's try of the year, or even odd moments like Wolfman's iconic try against Souths in the prelim a few years ago.
It's just about marketing and fun, not about serious record keeping :)

1640216924370.png

From a fan to a team-mate...a young Gordon (right) with Martin Taupau

Whoever was the creator of our 'pathways' program deserves great credit (Was it one of the Fulton boys?). To be able to attract young talent from the west and convince them and their families that their future lay closer to the breakers is a monumental achievement. The program is one of the main reasons why we are doing so well in the junior comps after years of simply not having the local talent to compete on the football field with the lure of the surf.

Get to know Gordie

“It meant so much to win that grand final, especially against Parramatta,’’ Chan Kum Tong said. LOL

What a great "pathway" he's had and fingers crossed for him he makes it in the NRL.

Whoever was the creator of our 'pathways' program deserves great credit (Was it one of the Fulton boys?). To be able to attract young talent from the west and convince them and their families that their future lay closer to the breakers is a monumental achievement. The program is one of the main reasons why we are doing so well in the junior comps after years of simply not having the local talent to compete on the football field with the lure of the surf.
Yeah it was a Fulton initiative that grew legs when Bob was back working as the GM Footy or whatever position he held

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4