Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I loved It when I saw Marty put Suli into line on the field after a brain snap.I have always been an advocate for a no dickhead policy at our club and Marty has been our teams moderator. You can’t put money on that. Without people like Marty things can turn to ****e real quick. Good people should be at the forefront of every team and a no dickhead policy is the way to go. You can be the best player in the world but if you have a team with a total dick in the side it’s game over.Its even worse if you are a dickhead pretending not to be one.The NRL is full of this.Sorry to get of track here. Marty is dead set in some ways a life saver.
Yes and we need leaders like Ben Kennedy who show others the way - Marty does that in how he conducts himself off the field and also how ell he plays almost every week on it. Guys like that are priceless to the younger guys coming through. Marty has been a great servant to the Eagles that is for sure.

He could easily go another couple of years. Not very injury prone and a real professional looking after his body.
Agree - Marty prides himself on his fitness and, as long as he doesn't have too many concussions, has at least another 2 years in him.

Clever, articulate and a great leader. So glad we have him and hopefully he'll see out his NRL career with us.

Love him and don’t want him going anywhere, but from what I understand the club have been trying to offload his big $$$ contract all year. The raiders were offered his services early in the year
If true then I'm sure the club has reconsidered its attitude to Kapow who is a vital member of the team both on and off the field. If he is as happy as he seems to be at Manly then salary becomes less important than it does to a younger player whose heart isn't in it.

If true then I'm sure the club has reconsidered its attitude to Kapow who is a vital member of the team both on and off the field. If he is as happy as he seems to be at Manly then salary becomes less important than it does to a younger player whose heart isn't in it.
I believe his contract is low 600k/year but it was back-ended. I highly doubt we would be trying to move him on for 600k odd because if we did we would have to pay the back-ended part in freight. Keep him for that money.

Manly were looking at Brown, Sua etc but the teams recent lift in form has coincided with players being offered extended contracts and i see no reason why manly would not extend Marty - albeit perhaps on a reduced slary but you look at the average wage these days being paid to a lot of players that are in my opinion very average and they are all in the 700k plus mark. I think Marty's wage is well worth the 700k mark and still one of the best props in the game and a real leader now.

Would love to keep him around for 2 more years after this one. Pack is really humming now and there is a great comradeship between them and i reckon Marty is a big reason for that

Look at some one the other players off contract like Siro, Jetski, Boyle etc and I would rather let them go and keep Marty. Would be a great leader for young S Faniu

Is the Beard of Knowledge a physiotherapist or a faith healer?

Des to Rahme: So James, who's available? Who have you worked wonders with?
Rahme to Des:
1626159121646.png

Interesting that Tof is on the bench, I thought he may have been out for a month or more.
Likely will be mate, take what Rahme says with a grain of salt. Don't rely on him for ins / outs if you're betting, that's for sure.

Hey Ryan what is your beef with Rahme? Apart from underestimating the return of players, is there any information you have to suggest he isn't doing a good job?

Hey Ryan what is your beef with Rahme? Apart from underestimating the return of players, is there any information you have to suggest he isn't doing a good job?
I'll put it this way, when was the last time you've read through the media unrest between the different departments (including the playing group) - if you believe what you read of course ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4