Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe that our membership packages are just not affordable to most families with kids. My kids are all grown up but why not make children's membership free with their parent's membership and free admission to games for kids.

Eels have 31 different packages ranging from $20 to $3630 all with monthly payment plans. This ensures they sign up the maximum amount of their fans as members. We have 3. Sadly this is probably one of the major reasons for the disparity in memberships.
This poor excuse has not stopped our current 10,000 passionate club members
What is your next excuse ?

Loyal and Passionate Manly fans could not give a rats arse if the Eels offered a one dollar membership to support their club that represents a disgraceful 14 wooden spoon and a tarnished history.

NRL PASSIONATE FAN CLUB MEMBERSIP LADDER
NO EXCUSE MANLY SUPPORTERS !!!
Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

Im pretty comfy with @BOZO doing his thing. Its funny and happy and he is a great forum member . He isnt afraid to do his own thing and go aganst the tide which i admire in life

I also rabbitt on about a particular topic so i know how he feels.

But

Manly as a business needs to grow substantially. The penns have done a job which i will be forever thanful for but i do not see them taking us too the next level regardless of membership numbers

I get they probably have concerns over partnerships due to history but manly will never be a force off the field until they are sold or the penns partner up with new money.

Currently i see there main focus is on control rather than the long term growth of our football club. Finding a partner with the same goals would be tough as there main goal seems to be minimal outlay. Selling just doesnt seem to be the option. Maybe they are hoping the new stadium will bloat the bottom line ensuring the sell price inflates

They seem to treat manly, not as a growth business . We seem stagnant

I understand they have had a rocky road, they have never garnished the same love that maxxy did and i remember some appaling stories of what they had to endure during the war and the only piggy bank.

They will always be remembered but in my eyes its time to move on and do whats best for the club as opposed to the bottom line. Easy for me to say i know but we are at a standstill and cant go on like this forever.

people and members need to feel engaged and confident in the future. While we are lucky we dont survive on leagues clubs ( which is fortunate ) we still feel like some rich dudes plaything, who isnt quite rich enough

I really hope thats not mud raking as i appreciate the penns , but the club was once a community club and all the restrictions now seem personal

I wont member up again while i feel We are just going to always be mediocre off field. The future seems very same same

Im pretty comfy with @BOZO doing his thing. Its funny and happy and he is a great forum member . He isnt afraid to do his own thing and go aganst the tide which i admire in life

But

Manly as a business needs to grow substantially. The penns have done a job which i will be forever thanful for but i do not see them taking us too the next level regardless of membership numbers

I get they probably have concerns over partnerships due to history but manly will never be a force off the field until they are sold or the penns partner up with new money.

Currently i see there main focus is on control rather than the long term growth of our football club. Finding a partner with the same goals would be tough as there main goal seems to be minimal outlay. Selling just doesnt seem to be the option. Maybe they are hoping the new stadium will bloat the bottom line ensuring the sell price inflates

I understand they have had a rocky road, they have never garnished the same love that maxxy did and i remember some appaling stories of what they had to endure during the war and the only piggy bank.

They will always be remembered but in my eyes its time to move on and do whats best for the club as opposed to the bottom line. Easy for me to say i know but we are at a standstill and cant go on like this forever.

people and members need to feel engaged and confident in the future. While we are lucky we dont survive on leagues clubs ( which is fortunate ) we still feel like some rich dudes plaything, who isnt quite rich enough

I really hope thats not mud raking as i appreciate the penns , but the club was once a community club and all the restrictions now seem personal

I wont member up again while i feel We are just going to always be mediocre off field. The future seems very same same

IMO, I feel a lack of a vision coming from the club.

To be successful both on and off the field, you need to have a vision along with set goals.

If you don’t have both, you’re setting up yourself for either stagnant growth and/or a slow failure.

Back in the days of ‘Stronger Together’ under the membership campaign, there was a clear message to all come together as members and it ended up with consistent membership growth.

Nowadays there is just nothing like that in regards to how to bring members together, both new and old.

IMO, I feel a lack of a vision coming from the club.

To be successful both on and off the field, you need to have a vision along with set goals.

If you don’t have both, you’re setting up yourself for either stagnant growth and/or a slow failure.

The membership options this year will not help things either, very short sighted in my opinion.

I have spent $195 this year so far, and have a membership pack and tickets to 4 games (all on the hill). Around that amount used to get 10 games and the membership pack.

I can afford it, but it annoys me that to see 10 games this year will be near enough double what last year was. If the game day prices increase beyond what they have been so far I may consider my options for other games.

Others can't afford that increase, or will decide it's too much and spend their money elsewhere.

Last edited:

But

Thanks for sharing your passionate views on our legendary club feathered friend

Mr Penn is no stranger to success as he was involved in our last premiership win and also many Manly finals appearances .

Every club goes through its ups and downs Including Nick Polities Roosters which stooped as low as wooden spooners in 2009

The tide always turns feathered friend and our team was finals bound last season before we lost key players .

With a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, effort and passion on and off the field I believe we have the team to go all the way and we want you and every Manly supporter marching with us and Inspiring us every step of the way

Never give up hope and leave the eagles nest where you belong
We want you feathered friend !!!
Eagle.We_.Want_.You_.jpeg

Sorry feathered friend but excuses never cut the mustard

Excuses are as useless as tits on a bull and all of us Manly fans that represent our legendary club have been letting our club down over the years with self entitled excuses

The fact is .....

Parramatta people are just like any other people that face adversity , struggles and job losses and humiliations with a stack full of degrading and shameful wooden spoons accept they have more passion than us Manly people because regardless of all their struggles that life brings to the eels fans they still have the passion to find a way and become club members and contribute to their club that they are most passionate about .

The other excuse of not becoming a member because a person does not live near Brookie
Does not make any passionate sense either because many passionate club members like my self become club members because we may not live near Brookie But we live and breath Manly and ride every emotion when we see our team paly and we become club members so we can proudly feel part of our legendary club . A proud and passionate sense of belonging

What MOST Manly people on here do not comprehend that MOST Parra people do is....
NOTHING STOPS A PASSIONATE PERSON FROM PERSUING THEIR PASSIONS

Instead of being upset at me for bringing up a very concerning Manly fan passion issue
One would thing Proud Manly supporters on here would all be upset and embarrassed at our appalling club membership numbers as compared to other clubs

Fans are the blood life line of their clubs and us Manly supporters have been hemorrhaging for years
In the area where I live The Newtown Jets were struggling with funds and crowd support and for a little while John Singleton our Penn version financially backed the Jets but the Jets supporters did not back their club just like we are doing and when Singleton saw the writing on the wall he pulled the plug and the Newtown Jets supporters got what they deserve a NSW cup team .

By the lack of passionate support on here I am not convinced all on here are club members
We even struggle to get support for our Silvertails forum and I can see a resemblance to the Manly passionless DNA

This forum is all about voicing our passions our contributions and our concerns for our Legendary club and only the passionless cannot see it this way

The up to date NRL passionate fan club membership Ladder
MANLY SUPPORTERS . WHERE THE **** ARE YOU ALL ?

Reality is footnoted by excuses and reasoning . I love pragmatism but it doesn’t apply here

What a myopic view of the world you have

Last edited:
Membership numbers also need a per capita percentage to gauge accuracy. Your example of parramatta have a much larger pool of residents and hence potential supporters to draw from and advertise too. Locale is still the biggest contribution to supporter base and if you look at a census you will see parramatta is much bigger than manly

The membership options this year will not help things either, very short sighted in my opinion.

I have spent $195 this year so far, and have a membership pack and tickets to 4 games (all on the hill). Around that amount used to get 10 games and the membership pack.

I can afford it, but it annoys me that to see 10 games this year will be near enough double what last year was. If the game day prices increase beyond what they have been so far I may consider my options for other games.

Others can't afford that increase, or will decide it's too much and spend their money elsewhere.
Your valued contribution is admirable and inspiring feathered friend

The life and death question I will ask you and every Manly supporter is

Can we afford for our club to die and for ever ends its proud tradition and history

MY answer is NEVER EVER !!!

We have endured the fragile and uncertain Northern Eagles era and we will prevail once more

As long as we have passionate Manly people representing our Legendary club Like your good self Our legendary club will for ever keep living in its great Glory
Because Passion ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS PREVAILS

Thank you for being one of those passionate great contributors feathered friend

God for ever Bless the Manly Sea eagles
Who are more that just a football club
and Inspire people beyond football fields
img_6516.jpg

This poor excuse has not stopped our current 10,000 passionate club members
What is your next excuse ?

Loyal and Passionate Manly fans could not give a rats arse if the Eels offered a one dollar membership to support their club that represents a disgraceful 14 wooden spoon and a tarnished history.

NRL PASSIONATE FAN CLUB MEMBERSIP LADDER
NO EXCUSE MANLY SUPPORTERS !!!
Comparing potential membership catchment areas for Parramatta and Manly Warringah is like comparing apples to oranges. For kids growing up on the coast the lure of the ocean is great, thus the vast majority will dabble in one or more water sports, such as surfing, lifesaving, swimming, yachting etc. This impacts the chance that they will be interested in football.
Whereas, kids growing up inland, such as Parramatta, do not have easy access to the ocean, so their chosen sports will be land-based, such as rugby league.
Parramatta RL does not have the same strong competition for alternate sports as does the MW area. Rugby is also much more popular in MW than it is in Parramatta.
Like MW, the scenario is similar in the Cronulla Shire which helps explain why the Sharks' membership is also low.
It will never change, which is why posting raw data ad nauseum Bozo paints an inaccurate picture of a RL club's support and has worn thin.
What I would like you to do is post the membership numbers of the myriad of lifesaving and surfing clubs in the MW area and then compare it to those in Parramatta.

Reality is footnoted by excuses and reasoning . I love pragmatism but it doesn’t apply here

What a myopic view of the world you have
Reality feathered friend is the for ever loyal and the passionate Manly investors , contributors and club members that do not know the meaning of an excuse
and their moto that has kept our legendary club Viable and Victorious is.....

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR GREAT CLUB THE LEGENDARY MANLY SEA EAGLES CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR LEGENDARY CLUB THE MANLY SEA EAGLES !!!

Comparing potential membership catchment areas for Parramatta and Manly Warringah is like comparing apples to oranges. For kids growing up on the coast the lure of the ocean is great, thus the vast majority will dabble in one or more water sports, such as surfing, lifesaving, swimming, yachting etc. This impacts the chance that they will be interested in football.
Whereas, kids growing up inland, such as Parramatta, do not have easy access to the ocean, so their chosen sports will be land-based, such as rugby league.
Parramatta RL does not have the same strong competition for alternate sports as does the MW area. Rugby is also much more popular in MW than it is in Parramatta.
Like MW, the scenario is similar in the Cronulla Shire which helps explain why the Sharks' membership is also low.
It will never change, which is why posting raw data ad nauseum Bozo paints an inaccurate picture of a RL club's support and has worn thin.
What I would like you to do is post the membership numbers of the myriad of lifesaving and surfing clubs in the MW area and then compare it to those in Parramatta.
Passion changes everything

I was born in Europe ,

I live in the Southern Suburbs

But I bleed Manly

Does that make sense ?

Neither do you feathered friend Because passion over rides every thing and with stands every obstacle
and I am now convinced that some Manly people have no idea about what passion really is !!!

That's another problem, seems you don't even get game admission with a membership these days, which is a rather significant change from the past.

That is a big thing, I've always gone for the 3 game membership.
It more or less forces me to go to three games that I may normally not.
I don't just live up the road.
I believe that our membership packages are just not affordable to most families with kids. My kids are all grown up but why not make children's membership free with their parent's membership and free admission to games for kids.
Spot on,
I've said it before, sports marketing should be a no-brainer.
The future is the kids, condition them to be members and go to games ( and then buy merch ) and by the time they're adults it's just what they do and it rolls along.
It's the kids that push the parents to go, I know my kids do, even my grown up one.
Have a card stamp with the kids membership that for every game they go to they get stamped for a discount on merchandise, of course they'll hassle the parents to get to the game because they want a hat or a ball or...

It's not rocket surgery.

Passion changes everything

I was born in Europe ,

I live in the Southern Suburbs

But I bleed Manly

Does that make sense ?

Neither do you feathered friend Because passion over rides every thing and with stands every obstacle
and I am now convinced that some Manly people have no idea about what passion really is !!!
Your volume will never beat my logic.

Thanks for sharing your passionate views on our legendary club feathered friend

Mr Penn is no stranger to success as he was involved in our last premiership win and also many Manly finals appearances .

Every club goes through its ups and downs Including Nick Polities Roosters which stooped as low as wooden spooners in 2009

The tide always turns feathered friend and our team was finals bound last season before we lost key players .

With a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, effort and passion on and off the field I believe we have the team to go all the way and we want you and every Manly supporter marching with us and Inspiring us every step of the way

Never give up hope and leave the eagles nest where you belong
We want you feathered friend !!!
View attachment 16986
In the end we have differing opinions , that does not make either of us wrong. Im passionate about my team but get hammered as i doubt our number 7 's value not committment. Some people provide intelligent debate, others probably ignore me and some go the pot shots , and try to diminish my opinion, by ridiculing my claims

Stay you, until they kick you off is my motto.

kick off soon so we are all to busy arguing soon to worry anyway

About 6 weeks in i would like to see foran at 7 and schuster at 6 and see how we go. Just want schuster to get a few games under his belt first

A question to The Wheel re Membership:
I have been a Member for many decades, but I like to make my decision each season, not be automatically renewed. I think it is the club's hide to presume I'll always sign up.
Anyway, when trying to renew this season it appears I can only do it if I Auto-Renewal. It won't accept any other payment play.
Is this correct?
PS: I did relent and I have signed up, but I don't like the idea that every year my membership will be automatically deducted from my credit card.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4