Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Today in the 75 series is the immortal Bob Fulton - over to you @BOZO

Thank you once more for continuing the great work for our great forum and our great club @TheWheel

The great 75 Series consists of some great players indeed
And the pinnacle of greatness is the one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton

Before Elvis there was no rock and roll
Before the Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton there were no Manly Premierships

Long live the Incomparable Immortal and King of Eagle Rock who inspired the Manly Sea eagles club into the top of the premiership winning charts and left his legacy of supreme greatness for our great club to follow into the future and beyond.

Merry Christmas every one and take pride in who we are
We are what we stand for and what we are all passionate about
We are Manly Sea eagle people
So let us all stand passionate and proud side by side along our great players and our great club
by becoming great supporters through club membership

@Dan Thank you once again to you and all your staff that have put into this forum for all of us fans to enjoy . I have subscribed to premium membership this morning and the premium member sign does not appear under my Legendary Avatar . I hope you can fix this up after your well earned Christmas Break .

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Who gave his all for the Great Manly club
Blood sweat and tears and plenty of premiership years !!!
1976-grand-final-bob-fulton.jpg

He was still the first choice in 1980, but he withdrew from selection for the 1980 NZ tour, his place going to the late Garry Dowling (tragically killed in a GC hinterland car accident in Mar 83) from the Parramatta club.

In those days voluntarily withdrawing from selection was often the death knell of your rep career. However key selectors wanted him to make himself available for the 1982 Kangaroo tour and there was a push for him to return to the Australian team in 1983, despite his intention to retire before his 30th birthday in Nov 83 and also not having played SOO since the first match back in 1980.

He missed any chance of selection in the Australian teams of 1981 (vs France) and 1982 (vs NZ) in part because Ray Ritchie had a policy of insisting that star players must come back through reserve grade (in Eadie’s case after two longish injury breaks in both seasons).

Plus other players like Ross Windshuttle in ‘81 and Mike Eden in ‘82 were doing a fine job of deputising for him.
In the latter stage of his career Wombat also had the big boot and consistently good play of Greg Brentnall to contend with. Although not in the same class as wombat, Brentnall ended up playing 13 tests between 1980-1983.

Today’s legend from 75 series is my all time favorite Eagles - Graham Eadie

The greatest and most durable fullback ever .
Robust like a forward , Agile like a back , Scored tries , Kicked goals and Kicked ass !!

Happy 2021 feathered friends
We are happy because we are all privileged to be Manly supporters

Let us always be thankful to the great Manly people that have opened up their hearts and poured the passion that is needed to make our Legendary club what it stands for and keeping it viable for all of us to be proud of and rejoice

Our clubs destiny lies in our generous hearts
Let us all Open up our hearts and become great ambassadors Great contributors and Great Club Members

694.png

Oh Bozo!, it's can't not cant.
I stand corrected . Thank you feathered friend
Which reminds me of another new years resolution ...
If we close our arrogance and open our eyes we learn new things
Take off our blinkers and always be open to new horizons and see the world from above like a Sea eagle !

Cliff Lyons is next up in the 75 series

Thank you @The Wheel
The Great Cliffy
Most players hold a ball in their hand . Cliffy held a Magic wand that turned the Beaver into a prolific try scorer
golden-man-magic-wand-stars-d-illustration-white-background-143806132.jpg

Love to see us have a storming season for the sake of all Manly fans but especially for a guy like Marty. He has been the ultimate professional, cutting out the loose play that led to some suspensions, keeping up his fitness and staying on the field, and doing a number of positive things in the community that all reflect well on Manly. He's not the only one, we've got a number of good people in our side, would be great to see them scale the heights in 2021!
Great post @SeaEagleRock8
Congratulations to great Manly people like Marty Kapow
Marty has certainly stamped his mark and is leaving his Legacy

A great community can only be made great by great contributors
We all have the capacity to stamp our mark , leave our Legacy
and Give our Great club the Manly Sea eagles the opportunity to maintain its Great Glory
20210102_065831.jpg

Last edited:
Cliff Lyons is next up in the 75 series

One of the best I’ve seen. The below 6 are probably the pick of the bunch since I can remember in 1981

Lyons
Menzies
Snake
Toovey
Lyon
Gift

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4