Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It would have been nice if Siro would have passed the ball occasionally and not gone for about 10 glory tries. It was a poor strategy from him to keep hogging the ball and doing the same predictable run at the tryline. He was obviously motivated by playing his old club but he needs to think of "team".

A similar but different problem with DCE who is trying to be the whole team all by himself. Obviously he is not showing confidence in his teammates, and showed he does not have the patience to let them develop. Consequently, players like Hoppa hardly touched the ball.

I hope Dessie is seeing this, because if not fixed these conversations will keep on happening.

NYEagle
Well DCE did come up with 5 try assists, repeat sets, bombs which turned into points. People say he is not doing anything, now he is doing too much! If he had Tom, Faniu, Waker etc he could pick his moments better, even though he was the best player on the park Saturday night, but without his other play makers, not sure leaving it up to Levi, Crocker, Cust etc is the answer. How would he get Hoppa to touch the ball more? Throw a 30m cut out which by passes the back row and centre? Im pretty sure DCE was playing both sides trying to use the back line. DEFENCE is why we are losing, not because we cannot score points. In fact, Hoppa (who i think will be great) is a very soft defender at the moment, almost every time got shrugged off and they scored a few times from basic one on one misses

In fact, Hoppa (who i think will be great) is a very soft defender at the moment, almost every time got shrugged off and they scored a few times from basic one on one misses
Yes.
I wasn't expecting too much from the kid despite all the fanfare, 'better than Bradman' etc. But even I expected a little more than what he's shown so far.
I don't blame him but I am a little disappointed, one minute led to believe he's the next GI and next minute he's the weak link in our already weakened backline!!

Looks like a perfect opportunity to medically retire Jorge, he was slow enough before the injury, he'll come back even slower.
someone should whisper in his ear and say to him, Jorge ,its time to retire, you are getting more and more injury prone, its time to go mate

@The Who did you notice the difference with the last interview.

For those who haven’t watched, Cuzzo asked the questions to Morgan. Think you will appreciate it a lot more than the normal media session
Wheel; just back from a few days away so I've just seen this interview. It is a much more positive interview, focusing on the player rather than the result. We learnt a little about Harper which was good.
I haven't bothered to watch the other two interviews, but judging from the headline it was all about the loss.
A few suggestions for future 'generic' type questions.
Q: Do you have a nickname? Tell us about your interests outside rugby league? Do you think the six-again rule has been a success? Tell us about your training regime? In that training are there aspects of mental strength? How fast are you, and how do you compare with other Manly players? What skills are you working on? As an outside back what is your defence strategy? Has does it feel having to take a hit-up? Which team did you support growing up? Do you have a theory as to why there have been so many injuries this season?

Wheel; just back from a few days away so I've just seen this interview. It is a much more positive interview, focusing on the player rather than the result. We learnt a little about Harper which was good.
I haven't bothered to watch the other two interviews, but judging from the headline it was all about the loss.
A few suggestions for future 'generic' type questions.
Q: Do you have a nickname? Tell us about your interests outside rugby league? Do you think the six-again rule has been a success? Tell us about your training regime? In that training are there aspects of mental strength? How fast are you, and how do you compare with other Manly players? What skills are you working on? As an outside back what is your defence strategy? Has does it feel having to take a hit-up? Which team did you support growing up? Do you have a theory as to why there have been so many injuries this season?
Love all of these questions. Can I add another question: "which team did you hate, growing up ?"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4