Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I appreciate that the role of a winger has changed over the decades. When I played it was all about speed and finishing off an attacking movement, often from a scrum. That's why flyers such as Irvine, Yackich, Hannagan, Corowra etc. got the crowds to their feet whenever they touched the ball. Tackling was optional for these type of wingers. I know Irvine used to let his opposition get passed him and then chase him down and jump on his back.
I can imagine their reaction to be asked to take a goal line hit-up! "Say whaaat?"
These days it's about height (to be able to jump and catch bombs) and superman dives (to scores tries in the corners which are more common since the original corner post rule was ditched), plus bulk to be able to play like a battering ram when trying to help out the forwards.
Many of today's wingers are the biggest players on the field so weight training is obviously now part of a wingers' regime.

Moderate weights programme can help with body strength and a bit more power running but certainly no substitute for speed and can be overdone . Manly "s strength and conditioning staff seem to have a good track record [ no pun intended ] though and t to get the balance right .
He’ll be able to push players off him in an upward direction while lying on his back.

WINGER MANLY'S NEW BENCH PRESS KING
Unsung winger Abbas Miski has shattered the Manly bench press record in his bid to secure a first-grade spot at Brookvale this season.

A Josh Mansour clone with his bushy beard and bullocking running style, Miski lifted a staggering 183.5kg at a recent Sea Eagles weight session.

That's more than the likes of musclemen Marty Taupau and Jake Trbojevic could manage and made a big impression on coach Des Hasler.
That is a very impressive bench press effort by Abbass but I think Marty would have the record for the deadlift

For some reason I just got incredibly more excited about the 2020 season....

Very Exciting 2020 new year indeed feathered friend !!!
Those Seabirds look absolutely Ravishing
I do say we have the most gorgeous looking cheerleaders in the NRL
Blondes , brunettes , red heads . An intoxicating cocktail of sheer beauty !

Great club , great coach , great players
So many great reasons why we should all get behind our Manly Sea eagles and support them loud and proud by becoming club members .
Lets do it !!!
82424432_2867727349933857_2859452881939988480_o.jpg

Last edited:
Very Exciting 2020 new year indeed feathered friend !!!
Those Seabirds look absolutely Ravishing
I do say we have the most gorgeous looking cheerleaders in the NRL
Blondes , brunettes , red heads . An intoxicating cocktail of sheer beauty !

Great club , great coach , great players
So many great reasons why we should all get behind our Manly Sea eagles and support them loud and proud by becoming club members .
Lets do it !!!
View attachment 13423
I second that feathered friend.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyone that knows anything about lifting knows that there are 3 lifts that are test of strength. The squat, the deadlift and the bench press.

It doesn't mean anything other than that he is strong in the upper body which should not affet his speed. In any case, weight training coupled with flexibility training and explosive power training (think box jumps and sprints) creates powerful runners.

We were not the first NRL club

But we became the greatest NRL club

The most successful club in the modern era of our great game

Our greatness has come from passionate contributions from great Manly people

Become one of those historic Manly greats by becoming a Manly club member today

Blood sweat and tears . All for the glory of our great club The Manly Sea eagles
1976-grand-final-bob-fulton.jpg

Another week done

The gruelling pre season training ......

We expect our players to play with passion and give it their all when they take the field for us

How about us supporters give back the same passion to our players and our club by showing our loyalty and support to them by becoming club members ?

Dont just think about it

Just do it !!!

download.jpg

How good is this from the club!

How good is this from our club you ask @ The Wheel ?

Our great club that gave more premierships to us in the modern era than any other club
Also just keeps giving in other generous ways

What are we supporters giving back to our great club ?

We all know what the right and responsible thing to do by our great club is

Where is our pride ? Where is our passion ?

No excuses !!!

There is a club membership pack available to suit every ones budget

Our club membership team is waiting for your call 02 99703000.

Lets do it !!!

beach.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4