Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MANLY’S TERRIFIC TRIO HAVE NINE CLUBS COVERED

By Michael Carayannis, Daily Telegraph

They are the Manly pointscoring trio who have outscored more than half of the competition to break a host of records along the way.

Reuben Garrick, Tom Trbojevic and Jason Saab have become just the third trio of players to score more than 100 points in a season at the same club in the competition’s history. The flyers have amassed a stunning 534 points between them which is more than nine teams have scored for the whole season.

They laid on 26-points during Manly’s 42-6 win against the Sydney Roosters on Friday night.

The trio’s points haul have not beat the feats of the Bulldogs (340 points), Cowboys (460), Broncos (446), Tigers (500), Warriors (453), Dragons (474), Raiders (481), Sharks (520) and Knights (448).

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans said there was no denying the contribution of his back three.

“It’s been a great to see some half opportunities turn into tries,” Cherry-Evans.

“That’s something we haven’t had for a few years.

“It’s a pretty fast back three. It’s really something exciting to watch and be part of. It’s amazing what they’ve been able to achieve.

“It’s great to have little moments like that for them and give them a pat on the back after seeing the work they’ve been putting in.”

Only St George Illawarra trio Mark Riddell, Wayne Bartrim and Nathan Blacklock in 2001 and Penrith players Preston Campbell, Ryan Girdler and Rhys Wesser in 2003 have scored 100 points individually at the same club in a season.

Trbojevic and Saab became the first trio to score 20 tries in a season at the one club.

POINT-SCORING PHENOMENONS​

MANLY'S TERRIFIC TRIO

Reuben Garrick: 322 points

Jason Saab: 104 points

Tom Trbojevic: 108 points

Total: 534 points

NRL CLUB POINTS TOTALS 2021

Bulldogs: 340

Cowboys: 460

Broncos: 446

Tigers: 500

Warriors: 453

Dragons: 474

Raiders: 481

Sharks: 520

Knights: 448

2001 DRAGONS

Mark Riddell: 122 points

Nathan Blacklock: 112 points

Wayne Bartrim: 108 points

Total: 342 points

2003 PANTHERS

Preston Campbell: 164 points

Ryan Girdler 104 points

Rhys Wesser: 100 points

Total: 368 points

Garrick has already broken a host of records – including most points in the regular season by any player.

He is now closing in on Hazem El Masri‘s total points season haul of 342.

His 14-point tally on Friday night takes him to 322.

Phil Blake‘s long standing record of most tries in a season for Manly could be next to go after Trbojevic equalled the haul on Friday.

Saab has crossed 26 times for the side.

“They will be the first to admit there is a lot of good stuff in the middle of the field the ball gets to them,” Cherry-Evans said.

“I’m not taking anything away from these three boys. They’ve had their own individual brilliance but if you asked any of them – and I don’t want to be speaking on their behalf – but they aren’t playing for any of those achievements – they are playing for the big achievements, the team ones at the end of the year.

“That’s being in the grand final team.

“That’s our focus. The little accolades along the way are good.”

Hard to compare different ears but that 78 title side must come close to the best ever , a heap of Manly premiership players selected in that year "s end of season Kangaroo tour and so much resilience to overcome that challenging run up to the title win . Then there is the 40 - nil 2008 line up . Wouldn 't like to pick it really , damm good sides for every previous title win , Salary cap era a different proposition as well , hope that this season "s side can get a decent shot at destiny and join the title grouping . you never know .

Is this our best ever team?

Not sure about best ever (they are definitely up there), but they are certainly the team responsible for the greatest ever premiership winning effort. Phenomenal performance from that team and a record that will never be broken. Could you imagine today's sides being forced to endure 2 mid week replays ? A lot of them can't back up from Origin after having the weekend before off.

Not sure about best ever (they are definitely up there), but they are certainly the team responsible for the greatest ever premiership winning effort. Phenomenal performance from that team and a record that will never be broken. Could you imagine today's sides being forced to endure 2 mid week replays ? A lot of them can't back up from Origin after having the weekend before off.
And then turn around and go to a day to day job the next morning, for most of them.

Phenomenal effort indeed.

Can anyone tell me who the two players in back row are - 3th and 4th from left next to Branighan

Is this our best ever team?

All Manly Premiership teams are Great teams

The 1978 team was Heroic

The 1973 team had The Incomparable Immortal and Greatest ever player Bob Fulton Which makes it the Greatest ever team

1 Graham Eadie 2 Ken Irvine 3 Ray Branighan 4 Bob Fulton 5 Max Brown 6 Ian Martin 7 Johnny Mayes 8 Malcolm Reilly, 9 Terry Randall, 10 Peter Peters 11 John O’Neill, 12 Fred Jones (c), 13 Bill Hamilton, bench 14 John Bucknall, Coach: Ron Willey

Rise in Glory Bob Fulton :h:

Mark willoughby the other one?
1980NRLS1-BASE044-A-600x837.jpg

l_1981%20ardmona%20card%20(233)_.jpg

Not sure - what do you think ??

Gibbs, Branighan, Montgomery, ??? , Thoroughgood, Drake, Gray, Springall
Arko, Eadie, Booth, Harvey, Randall, Thomson, Mooney, Stanton
Martin I, Martin S, Thompson, Krilich, Gartner, Walker, Knight

You can tell I'm bored. According to Rugby League Project for 78 season these are the possibilities based on names/faces I don't know who made at least one 1st grade appearance that season

David Adams
Tony Ashworth
Greg Cross
Mick Healey
Darryl Pierce
Ed Planten

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10