Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Club news

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Looks like a great night

Thank you @The Wheel

75 years of proudly Serving our Manly community and enriching peoples lives is Priceless

North Sydney Bears supporters would give anything to see their club compete in the NRL

And we have some on here who complain about ticket prices .

Sadly Those that put a price on the things they love lose the true value of life

Some great photos on offer and this is my favourite .

| Our Hero from the past and our future Legend .

Our legendary clubs keeps living in great Glory by the generosity of great Manly peoples hearts

1plp9586.jpg
EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

redlineg

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Thank you @The Wheel

75 years of proudly Serving our Manly community and enriching peoples lives is Priceless

North Sydney Bears supporters would give anything to see their club compete in the NRL

And we have some on here who complain about ticket prices .

Sadly Those that put a price on the things they love lose the true value of life

Some great photos on offer and this is my favourite .

| Our Hero from the past and our future Legend .

Our legendary clubs keeps living in great Glory by the generosity of great Manly peoples hearts

View attachment 17160
View attachment 17161
I love Arko!
In the late seventies when I was a snotty nosed kid (about 9) living in the western suburbs of Sydney, I had a birthday coming up and mum asked me what I would like.
In no particular order of preference I said the following:
1. An Autograph of Mick Cronin
2. An Autograph of Tom Raudonikis (before you start, he had a sports store at Seven Hills and kitted me out with some boots beforehand - Cattledog!)
3. An Autograph of Graham Eadie
Mum sent a written letter (before emails and not everyone had typewriters) to all three clubs asking if they could oblige, given that prior we went to various NSWRL games/
No response from Parramatta
No Response from Western Suburbs
Arko sent me a 'pack' which included the following, some which I still posess.
1. A3 B&W Autographed Photo frome Graham Eadie saying Best Wishes (name withheld) from the wombat himself
2. An Autographed Team Photo
3. MWRLFC Stickers which I pasted over mum and dad's car
4. A pair of team socks (big deal when you are about 9)
5. General Admission tickets to a couple of games at Brookie.
Needless to say, at 52, I have become a Manly Supporter for life, so to are my three kids and working on my three year old Grand Child!
Unfortunately my wife is a Roosters fan but supports Manly against any other time except the Rorters.
Arko was a legend!

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
The one time we see a Penn family out in public then they go into hiding for the rest of year.

Great looking function!!
Perspective time....

The Penns are with us where it counts most and that is they are always with us in spirit and proudly supporting our club

The ones in hiding are the fairweather Manly fickle fans who are missing in action on this NRL passionate fan club membership ladder

Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Arko!
In the late seventies when I was a snotty nosed kid (about 9) living in the western suburbs of Sydney, I had a birthday coming up and mum asked me what I would like.
2. An Autograph of Tom Raudonikis (before you start, he had a sports store at Seven Hills and kitted me out with some boots beforehand - Cattledog!)
Mum sent a written letter (before emails and not everyone had typewriters) to all three clubs asking if they could oblige, given that prior we went to various NSWRL games/
1. A3 B&W Autographed Photo frome Graham Eadie saying Best Wishes (name withheld) from the wombat himself
Needless to say, at 52, I have become a Manly Supporter for life, so to are my three kids and working on my three year old Grand Child!
Unfortunately my wife is a Roosters fan but supports Manly against any other time except the Rorters.
Arko was a legend!
Your post reminded me of this John Barilaro bio...

Tony recalled the times they spent together growing up, from weekends helping out at the business, to Christmas holidays down the coast and barracking for their favourite football team, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

The brothers chose the Sea Eagles as young boys after the pair wrote letters to clubs asking for player photos, and the Manly Warringah team were the only ones to respond.

Link: The Queanbeyan factory that produced NSW Nationals leader John Barilaro

Last edited:

Waz13

Bencher
Reaction score
I love Arko!
Arko was a legend!
The only issue here is I can’t give this 2 winners trophy’s! Ripping good yarn redineg!

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Reaction score
These events all ways worry me and hope the media has nothing negative to report over the next week.
We have a bad track record with season launches.

And as I expected there was something to report according to Buzz.

We have a poor track record with season launches.
I have been to heaps of work functions with unlimited booze but always controlled myself. I love a good piss up but reserve that to having a drink with mates at a private residence.

Hopefully it is Buzz over reacting but why get drunk and give him ammo, even if the guy is one of the biggest pissheads I have met.

SHOOSH

Some NRL types never learn. A Souths player had far too much to drink at Mudgee races last weekend and made a complete fool of himself. And on the northern beaches, a Manly star got drunk at the season launch and behaved like an absolute goose.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Some NRL types never learn. A Souths player had far too much to drink at Mudgee races last weekend and made a complete fool of himself. And on the northern beaches, a Manly star got drunk at the season launch and behaved like an absolute goose.
Someone channelling the great Choc Watmough ?

madmax

Bencher
Reaction score

I have been to heaps of work functions with unlimited booze but always controlled myself. I love a good piss up but reserve that to having a drink with mates at a private residence.

Hopefully it is Buzz over reacting but why get drunk and give him ammo, even if the guy is one of the biggest pissheads I have met.

SHOOSH

At least it’s not my favourite player Walker....he’s on a booze ban hahahaha.

40 nil

It's only a game ....
Reaction score
Sorry but that has to be the worst position for the scoreboard at least they could have put in the middle of the hill,
Those in the new stand probably won't be able to see it. Yes, you would think the middle of the hill may give more universal viewing angles.

Shoe1

First Grader
Reaction score

SHOOSH

Time to repost the picture of the poor stripper on Rothfield’s lap.

40 nil

It's only a game ....
Reaction score
the players are normally drinking OJ or water at
4 Pines was one of the corporate sponsors for the night. It 'appears' some players are drinking wine or beer (e.g. Parker)

The Who

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those in the new stand probably won't be able to see it. Yes, you would think the middle of the hill may give more universal viewing angles.
I wrote to the club about this when the concept images were released a couple of years ago, pointing out that people who sit on The Hill (like me) wouldn't be able to see the video scoreboard. I received an email reply assuring me that I was mistaken and that all patrons on the Hill would have a good view of the scoreboard.
I think they were gaslighting me.
Not only will Hill patrons find it difficult to view the scoreboard the people in the COE grandstand will definitely not be able to see it.
They must build another video screen at the southern end of the ground or else a large proportion of spectators won't be able to view replays etc.

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 6 6 0 0 122 12
2 Rabbitohs 6 5 0 1 87 10
3 Eels 6 5 0 1 61 10
4 Storm 6 4 0 2 86 8
5 Roosters 6 4 0 2 78 8
6 Dragons 6 4 0 2 36 8
7 Titans 6 3 0 3 9 6
8 Warriors 6 3 0 3 -3 6
9 Raiders 6 3 0 3 -12 6