Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Essentially, we have been selling a home game to the Broncos for years.

Scotty Penn strikes again.

Common sense will hopefully prevail.
Too little too late mate. These morons have diluted and devalued season ticket holders investment over the years , it isn't funny.

Why wasn't round one a Bunnies home game? Why is it out country (Mudgee) game is always a Manly home game? Why do we play Broncos in Brisbane for our home game?

The club and membership team don't value season ticket holders and members, simple as that. Yet the price keeps going up, yet the product is still as **** as it was 10 years ago.

Too little too late mate. These morons have diluted and devalued season ticket holders investment over the years , it isn't funny.

Why wasn't round one a Bunnies home game? Why is it out country (Mudgee) game is always a Manly home game? Why do we play Broncos in Brisbane for our home game?

The club and membership team don't value season ticket holders and members, simple as that. Yet the price keeps going up, yet the product is still as **** as it was 10 years ago.

You know why.

$$$$$ for our owner.

You know why.

$$$$$ for our owner.
Well, haha, yep, spot on mave. That IS the answer sadly. Doesn't make it right though.

If they are going to charge extra, decrease the games played at Brooky, at LEAST improve the damned product.

Atasi James FFS???

Also, Ssop acquiring / playing washed up has brens if you want to devalue members / season ticket holders.

I believe 10 games is the minimum to be played at Brookie, as agreed with the FC, so presumably that will never decrease.

I'm happy to "sell" the remaining two games to areas like Mudgee, or Christchurch, that can possibly increase our supporter base, especially if they are against lower drawing teams at Brookie....for example vs Titans at Mudgee a few years ago.

For as long as I can remember it's been a minimum of 10 home games and to be fair, I don' think the cost of a GA season membership has increased that dramatically. I've always found it to be good value in terms of what you'd pay if you attended every home game and paid for a walk-up ticket. You're still coming out in front. And you get your little members pack - which TBH, was much better this year than previous years. I've gotta give them some credit. Yes, things could improve but overall I still think it's a good product. I'll continue being a season member that's for sure.

For as long as I can remember it's been a minimum of 10 home games and to be fair, I don' think the cost of a GA season membership has increased that dramatically. I've always found it to be good value in terms of what you'd pay if you attended every home game and paid for a walk-up ticket. You're still coming out in front. And you get your little members pack - which TBH, was much better this year than previous years. I've gotta give them some credit. Yes, things could improve but overall I still think it's a good product. I'll continue being a season member that's for sure.
Good perspective @Chunkytuna
Considering the skyrocketing cost of living our Manly memberships cost has only risen moderately
As for Manly selling home games . We should all be proud to see our Colors represented far and wide and the chance of All other Manly people to go and watch the Manly team they love

As for Performance on the field we have failed to live up to our Manly Premiership Winning Way and our Benchmark Premiership Winning Standards

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning standards we stand for Nothing Great .
Its Time to Make Manly Great Again !
1715652068146.png

Good perspective @Chunkytuna
Considering the skyrocketing cost of living our Manly memberships cost has only risen moderately
As for Manly selling home games . We should all be proud to see our Colors represented far and wide and the chance of All other Manly people to go and watch the Manly team they love

As for Performance on the field we have failed to live up to our Manly Premiership Winning Way and our Benchmark Premiership Winning Standards

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning standards we stand for Nothing Great .
Its Time to Make Manly Great Again !
View attachment 27016
Well, we could start showing some bl00dy pride, and stop selling our home games unless they genuinely grow our brand and supporter base. And that is nothing to do with wanting all games at Brookie (given I live in the northern hemisphere). It’s about the psychology of what it says when we continually prostitute ourselves to make an extra buck. Magic Round SHOULD be a Donkey home game by any argument or reasonable sense of fairness. Why we bend ourselves over to this horrid aberration of fairness smacks of insecurity… I hate what message the club gives me when they do this. I’m a proud Manly supporter over decades, but this current situation disgusts me and does not reflect what I value.

Well, we could start showing some bl00dy pride, and stop selling our home games unless they genuinely grow our brand and supporter base. And that is nothing to do with wanting all games at Brookie (given I live in the northern hemisphere). It’s about the psychology of what it says when we continually prostitute ourselves to make an extra buck. Magic Round SHOULD be a Donkey home game by any argument or reasonable sense of fairness. Why we bend ourselves over to this horrid aberration of fairness smacks of insecurity… I hate what message the club gives me when they do this. I’m a proud Manly supporter over decades, but this current situation disgusts me and does not reflect what I value.
Just take the cash.. We gotta go up there anyway. Do we get more money if we take our home game up there to play Broncos versus going up as just a home/away game???... 8 teams must play home games up there anyway.

Just take the cash.. We gotta go up there anyway. Do we get more money if we take our home game up there to play Broncos versus going up as just a home/away game???... 8 teams must play home games up there anyway.
Well…

1. We could play another team that does not enjoy a rabid home ground advantage. I.E.; neutral and fairer for both.

2. Donkeys could (and arguably should) play us at Brookie as often as we have to go up there.

3. I hate selling out in those circumstances. I’d rather see us maintain some integrity and play in a local comp, TBH.

That’s just me. Rant/

Last edited:
Well…

1. We could play another team that does not enjoy a rabid home ground advantage. I.E.; neutral and fairer for both.

2. Donkeys could (and arguably should) play us at Brookie as often as we have to go up there.

3. I hate selling out in those circumstances. I’d rather see us maintain some integrity and play in a local comp, TBH.

That’s just me. Rant/
I agree with you mate, but we started this cr@p I think, before Magic Round began...stand corrected.

I agree with you mate, but we started this cr@p I think, before Magic Round began...stand corrected.
Understood. I’m at the end of my rope. The decline of this once great club. The inequities we currently face despite the NRL creating a cap under the delusion of equalising the comp, the toothless NRL integrity unit to actually prosecute and enforce against the real cap violators, and then our own acquiescence under the fear of hanging in there and playing amidst the big boys…. I’d be happier to watch the club make a stand and play amongst the local comps than go on with this empty charade. This is a thinly veiled EPL competition, and we have moved closer to that reality in the last decade.

The upgrades to 4 Pines Park including the new Bob Fulton Stand have expanded corporate opportunities, while attendance figures have significantly improved since reaching a 52-year low in 2018 when they decided to participate as a Magic Round ‘host'.
"At the time, because we had dwindling crowds in home games, it was a really good financial outcome," Manly CEO Tony Mestrov said per AAP.
"That's not the case at the moment, with three out of four home games sold out this year.”
Manly's board is currently discussing their future plans, considering whether to schedule 12 regular-season games at Brookvale next year for the first time since 2025 or relocate up to two matches to neutral venues.

YES PLEASE!!!

I can see your point feathered friend and you got your wish !

Manly Media ...
A long-term commercial deal to play a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 'home game' against the Broncos in Brisbane comes to an end this Friday night in the NRL Magic Round.

Manly's board is currently discussing their future plans, considering whether to schedule 12 regular-season games at Brookvale next year for the first time since 2025 or relocate up to two matches to neutral venues.,,,,
That doesn't make sense. Poor journalism, or an AI programming mistake.

Manly's board is currently discussing their future plans, considering whether to schedule 12 regular-season games at Brookvale next year for the first time since 2025 or relocate up to two matches to neutral venues.,,,,
That doesn't make sense. Poor journalism, or an AI programming mistake.
2025 BCE perhaps?

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11