Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Appreciate the injury report (better than nothing) but the only bright news in all that is Haumole's back, thankfully.

Otherwise, it's all negative:
Croker progressing - return - who knows
Turbo progressing - return - who knows
Lodge - returns round 23, wow
Arthur - 4 months - ouch!
Woods - 6 weeks - need him for backup now
Seibold said turbo should be back after our next bye round 17

Eagle 1

First Grader
Appreciate the injury report (better than nothing) but the only bright news in all that is Haumole's back, thankfully.

Otherwise, it's all negative:
Croker progressing - return - who knows
Turbo progressing - return - who knows
Lodge - returns round 23, wow
Arthur - 4 months - ouch!
Woods - 6 weeks - need him for backup now
They had Tom coming back for rd 18, he's getting close to a return now, that gives him 8 games if you take out the remaining 2 byes. Lodge back for rd 23, if he comes back at all, well, here's hoping.

XV-1

First Grader
Honestly......played 10 games for the Chooks last season.
He's played 9 of 13 games this season.
31 years old.
Let's give him TWO years.
**** this recruitment team.

Next minute, Storm sign a promising 23 year old bustling player from The Panthers.

Totally agree. Why not give him one year and see how he is going midway thru next.
What team is knocking down the door to take him away from us?

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
Absolutely Correct. Cannot believe the absurdity of this deal. A cut and paste straight from the Shuster deal. Watch his form totally deteriorate.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter

l3xxTjIXYy3gchiH3L.gif

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Pretty harsh. He's been one of our best this year, barring injuries he has been a buy of the season candidate.

The disposable attitude some posters on here have is not the kind of thing that fosters a culture and strong morale in a club. Loyalty and investment in people needs to be part of the equation. And I'd much rather keep the Nathan Browns of the world than some young c**k that will probably just hold the club to ransom in two years time anyway.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
31 years old.

Next minute, Storm sign a promising 23 year old bustling player from The Panthers.
31 years old is not old if the body will hold
He has played tough and bashed his way from season to season for many seasons and lets hope his body does hold
2 years is very generous form Seibold
Its Seibolds call and it is his player roster and it is his job on the line

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Totally agree. Why not give him one year and see how he is going midway thru next.
What team is knocking down the door to take him away from us?
Tbh there may be a few clubs sniffing around after what he’s shown for us so far. Cheap, experienced, hard edge who can lay down some standards. I mean I’d have him here for the next couple to replace Wood duck. I would have extended by a year tho as well.

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
31 years old.

And the Panthers sign another Tiger, Asu Kepaoa.

The promising player the Panthers have released to the Storm is immediately replaced by another they see more potential in.

The top tier clubs are continually reviewing their rosters whilst our recruitment and retention commitment are boiling the kettle, searching for the scotch finger biscuits, waiting for a re-run of an episode of The Golden Girls to start.

I'm privy to certain aspects of player negotiations in the NRL and we, as I've said before, need to rebuild with youth not with players who are held together with double-sided tape or don't have the ability to remain on the field longer than a month due to inability to maintain control of their mind during a match.

There is one particular person at our Club that I'm staggered still holds a position as part of the recruitment committee... absolutely stunned to be honest.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And the Panthers sign another Tiger, Asu Kepaoa.

The promising player the Panthers have released to the Storm is immediately replaced by another they see more potential in.

The top tier clubs are continually reviewing their rosters whilst our recruitment and retention commitment are boiling the kettle, searching for the scotch finger biscuits, waiting for a re-run of an episode of The Golden Girls to start.

I'm privy to certain aspects of player negotiations in the NRL and we, as I've said before, need to rebuild with youth not with players who are held together with double-sided tape or don't have the ability to remain on the field longer than a month due to inability to maintain control of their mind during a match.

There is one particular person at our Club that I'm staggered still holds a position as part of the recruitment committee... absolutely stunned to be honest.
Need an injection of youth to resuscitate a few of the bigger bodies is what I see from watching them, 2 spots in the 30 to fill this season and the team need an edge backrower for this season.

Brown is now the 26TH player in the 2025 squad, there are 3 upgraded players in the 30 next season that don’t appear to be in the coaches mind this season in Matterson, James and Faulalo.

double hoops

First Grader
Need an injection of youth to resuscitate a few of the bigger bodies is what I see from watching them, 2 spots in the 30 to fill this season and the team need an edge backrower for this season.

Brown is now the 26TH player in the 2025 squad, there are 3 upgraded players in the 30 next season that don’t appear to be in the coaches mind this season in Matterson, James and Faulalo.
I wouldn't be surprised if Matterson and James get found new homes.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
At the end of the day feathered friends
We all make our bed and we must lie in it and wake up with the consequences of our choices

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Matterson and James get found new homes.
I was thinking along those lines, not much is going to change development wise with their respective games, the signing of Schoup was one where I don’t see where Faulalo sits now also, he is no spring chicken either.

double hoops

First Grader
I was thinking along those lines, not much is going to change development wise with their respective games, the signing of Schoup was one where I don’t see where Faulalo sits now also, he is no spring chicken either.
I see more growth in Faulalo. Different style of back to Schoupp. I rather like the variety in our backs. Be nice if we had that deliberate mix in forwards.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
14 8 6 60 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18