Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honest question but why Latu. From all reports underwhelming in SG Ball. How is he going to step up to FG next year? Has anyone on here actually seen him play live and if so can you give a genuine opinion.

Honest question but why Latu. From all reports underwhelming in SG Ball. How is he going to step up to FG next year? Has anyone on here actually seen him play live and if so can you give a genuine opinion.
I've seen him play live and think he is a special talent, a few games in SG where he doesnt dominate hasnt changed that.

Now I dont necessarily think he will be a consistent first grader next year but I do think he will debut in 2024 and I do think if anyone is a long term danger of shifting Schuster out of 5/8 it is Kaeo or Latu.

Johns is able back up

Still not sure whether Latu 's contract arrangement is included in Manly 's cap . Sure that it was some like 1. 2 mil for 4 years from 2021 . Would have to expect him to be pushing for a i st grade appearance at least for next season and after turning 18 this season and if his anticipated progress eventuates . Looks like strictly a halfs player whereas Kaeo of course can play anywhere in the backline i am sure at a top level but more specifically full back or 6 of course . The Shu at 6 for now but wonder if it may be a gradual transition to a 13 role in due course and with these guys coming on a bit . .

So we’re essentially starting with 3 props & no lock & 2 bench props like the doggies game again.

Is this a good tactic? I get that Jake moves to ‘lock’ when Bullemor & Keppie come on for Paseka & Aloiai & it’s a power play, but we’re missing a mobile ball playing lock for the whole game, which (IMO) exacerbates Croker’s lack of creativity out of dummy half…

So we’re essentially starting with 3 props & no lock & 2 bench props like the doggies game again.

Is this a good tactic? I get that Jake moves to ‘lock’ when Bullemor & Keppie come on for Paseka & Aloiai & it’s a power play, but we’re missing a mobile ball playing lock for the whole game, which (IMO) exacerbates Croker’s lack of creativity out of dummy half…
If we are being challenged through the middle Bully comes on. If we are dominating the middle Weekes comes on. Our bench gives us a lot of cover in case of emergency and options if all is going to plan.

Wow that really has to help lift the team, why have we never seen this stuff before? It's all got to help!
Now, who is having their debut/20th game/50th game/wedding anniversay/birthday/anything-to-produce-a-tear next week? :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4