Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You seem to not have recovered from your cancerous past ?

I pray that you have the courage to move forward like most great people do

Yeah, I hate it when people hold me to account as well.

You post enough rubbish on here, I thought you would be used to it, yet here we are.

Yeah, I hate it when people hold me to account as well.

You post enough rubbish on here, I thought you would be used to it, yet here we are.
Yes feathered friend , Here we are again

It is a new day indeed and we all have the opportunity to move on

But some keep holding on to their bitterness

and the fact is bitter people only poison them selves

Happiness is a choice . Our choice

I hope you choose to Have a happy day @mave . :)
happy-eagle-day-design-template-512653c2e088c19384ab97ff2cf2d7f3_screen.jpg

I'm impressed with the clear vision Seibold has to really ensure every player that pulls on the jersey has an awareness of those that have worn it before them.
It is a good start by Seibold

And we are all now waiting for that great finish at the end of the year seeing our spirited Manly players winning resiliently in the finals and make them selves and the Manly Greats before them proud

We have had plenty of spirited talk since 2011

NOW IT IS TIME TO DELIVER !!!
time-to-deliver-28727807.jpg

I'm impressed with the clear vision Seibold has to really ensure every player that pulls on the jersey has an awareness of those that have worn it before them.
Good stuff but I’d also like it if he include the Fitzgibbon approach at Cronulla where the whole club from the work experience kid through everyone in the front office through to those that work for the team all know each other well and consider themselves all part of the Great Big Team.
And once all the motivational stuff is done, get them big boy pants fit and determined to play 80 minutes and win no matter what.

He’s looking the goods this time and I’m sure Flanagan is very much part of this.

But talk is cheap ( as we know) , and so we wait to see how all of this transposes to on the field.

But I’m certainly all for , buying in to the club history , these players need to know it’s NOT, just a job.
I am with you feathered friend !

Talk is cheap and playing for our legendary club is Not just a job
and the players Job is Never done until they live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of excellence

p_1_1_5_0_1150-DominEIGHT-Manly-Sea-Eagles-2011-NRL-PREMIERS-Co-Captains-Signed-Framed-Lithograph_1024x1024.jpg

Anthony Siebold had current Manly players call former stars in a bid to recapture the magic of Sea Eagle's past.

Interesting to know that Dean Matterson (according to the article) is regarded as a 'signing' - and not described as a 'train and trial' contract.

Also a bit sad about Mike Eden; it sounds like he feels somewhat forgotten by Manly.

Interesting to know that Dean Matterson (according to the article) is regarded as a 'signing' - and not described as a 'train and trial' contract.

Also a bit sad about Mike Eden; it sounds like he feels somewhat forgotten by Manly.
The Manly Family is important to our legendary club feathered friend

We remember all past Manly players when we annually celebrate the Golden eagles

golden_eagles_logo_new_r_on_maroon.png

I’m friends with Mike on Twitter , I really don’t think it’s an issue.

He attends the Golden Eagles Day , and often posts photos up of him catching up with teammates. He played for the Roosters as well so he does those as well.

He obviously attended the funeral of Arko’s wife as that was mentioned , and not long after that he posted a photo of himself and some other old players out to lunch with Arko.

So I do think it’s anything like was suggested in the story.

He’s a successful lawyer in Albury NSW.

Last edited:
Well he did ‘flock off’ as soon as someone (Goosters) waved the dollars in front of him, after only one season in first grade. Sort of an early ‘Ivan Cleary moment’ - only to become a wandering (footballing) minstrel afterwards.

Although to be fair, maybe the incoming coach (Fulton) didn’t want him? Plus Eadie had a wonderful last season at fullback and Blake was making every post a winner in 1983.

So Eden might have thought the ‘Garden for Eden’ was elsewhere.

Well he did ‘flock off’ as soon as someone (Goosters) waved the dollars in front of him, after only one season in first grade. Sort of an early ‘Ivan Cleary moment’ - only to become a wandering (footballing) minstrel afterwards.

Although to be fair, maybe the incoming coach (Fulton) didn’t want him? Plus Eadie had a wonderful last season at fullback and Blake was making every post a winner in 1983.

So Eden might have thought the ‘Garden for Eden’ was elsewhere.
I remember Arko saying to him
"Son, if the Roosters are throwing that sort of money at you, you have no choice but to go"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4