Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But is the technology available? The forward pass is not defined by the motion of the ball but by the movement of the passer's arms, in effect.
Ball-tracking in cricket is a bit controversial but at least they can track the path of the ball for 20m including how it deviates off the pitch. Without some remote measurement of the direction of the passer's arms the actual path of the ball after it leaves is not determinative.
May as well go with a ref's judgment call (and also get linesmen to make calls if they are in position?)
They could solve it so easily by reverting to the motion of the ball.

They could solve it so easily by reverting to the motion of the ball.
no no the ball always travels forward if you throw it while running forward.
You can easily test this next time you're coming down the M1, just toss an old tv set out the car window while you're doing 110 and you'll see it go forward even if you push it backwards out the rear or your car.
:)

Nothing personal against you feathered friend Mark

But I do take it personal when I see Way Out of Line Comments about Great Manly people in our Legendary club And Wayne Cousins is one of them
Except it is personal Bozo. A supporter should always have higher status than a paid employee and I dare say Mark has, as a supporter, done more for Manly than Cuzzo has. Nothing against Cuzzo but Mark's one of the really good ones. Cuzzo was media manager at Wests Tigers from 2006 to 2013 (an easy google). Whaddya reckon Mark was doing in those years?

But is the technology available? The forward pass is not defined by the motion of the ball but by the movement of the passer's arms, in effect.
Ball-tracking in cricket is a bit controversial but at least they can track the path of the ball for 20m including how it deviates off the pitch. Without some remote measurement of the direction of the passer's arms the actual path of the ball after it leaves is not determinative.
May as well go with a ref's judgment call (and also get linesmen to make calls if they are in position?)
Maybe marginal calls to let go but some of the more blatant ones , i e . that Moses pass against the Cows last final 's series . Even more so , game defining instances , again i e . the 2013 G F Manly - Roosters

I am a simple man but have never understood the whole army camp business - wonder how it resonates
Wonder how they get on with Tucker , how it is prepared , or eat what is available regardless of personal preferences . Not sure if it is snake country but maybe a bit dodgy also going through that long grass , especially near a water course . Anyway , a bit of variation and probably or would hope some real benefits resulting

I am a simple man but have never understood the whole army camp business - wonder how it resonates
Especially the 'invading from the North rubbish'. Maybe it works for them to think they're on soldier's pay and likely to be killed. I dunno.

I don't get it either. I can see the benefits of an army camp as such but it looks like this is on another level or three higher. I question the value of pushing players to their absolute extremes and beyond, but then I'm a simple woman and it beats me the benefits of breaking them.

Re the army camp stuff.

It's usually done to access both the conscious and unconscious 'what about me' feeling that we all have - and replace it with an instinctive 'team first - objective first' mentality.

In the heat of a contest, a player may think, 'I'm not doing the next hit up - I've already done plenty - and more than the guy next to me - and he's getting paid more than me, etc etc'. Or - a quick passing on of judgement on a team mate who has missed a tackle, and then thinking, 'we deserve to be behind - I wouldn't have missed that tackle, why can't such and such learn to tackle for a change, etc etc'.

Much of this occurs at an unconscious level. So they're trying to bring out a higher level of selfless commitment.

And - players have an endless supply of people around them reinforcing the idea that playing in the NRL is a 'business' - a job if you prefer. And hey, jobs are not life or death are they? If you lose a game, there's always next week isn't there?

If instead you make the team simulation about much bigger stakes, and put your team mates lives' in your hands as well, the idea is that you'll access a much better version of teamwork via the shared stress and trauma. The coaches probably think military-type simulations will resonate, and they're probably not as hard to organize as other things.

If the military metaphors are not working for you, think of a team in a busy Emergency Department, ICU or Operating Theater - you can communicate volumes with just a look across a very noisy room in a life or death situation (and I have). I would suspect that's the level of in-sync behavior the coaches are looking for.

Except it is personal Bozo. A supporter should always have higher status than a paid employee and I dare say Mark has, as a supporter, done more for Manly than Cuzzo has. Nothing against Cuzzo but Mark's one of the really good ones. Cuzzo was media manager at Wests Tigers from 2006 to 2013 (an easy google). Whaddya reckon Mark was doing in those years?
Happy New Year feathered friend . I hope the year has got off to a great start for you .

There is no doubt that Mark is a Great Manly Club Member and the Same can be Said for Cuzzo being a Great club Employee

And it would be a Great disservice to any one that would think differently about Both these Great Manly people

Cuzzo was at the West Tigers and Jamie Lyon was an Eel and Ben Kennedy was a Raider and a Knight and our first ever Manly captain was a Bear and Our one and only Greatest Incomparable Immortal was not Born a Manly Junior But All these Great Manly people were Born to become Great Contributors of our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles

And the Moral of the Great Manly people story is ......
We are one, but we are many,
And from all the lands on earth we come.
We'll share a Manly Premiership Winning dream and sing with one voice,
"I am, you are, we are all Great Manly Sea eagle Souls

Blessed and Born to Become a Manly Sea Eagle
The one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2008 NRL Centenary Immortal Signature - IMSC2 & IMSR2 Bob Fulton - Gold ...

Re the army camp stuff.

And - players have an endless supply of people around them reinforcing the idea that playing in the NRL is a 'business' - a job if you prefer. And hey, jobs are not life or death are they? If you lose a game, there's always next week isn't there?
I do not agree with This comfort zone mentality if you lose a game there is next week isn't there ?

We have gone into this brutal character and resilient building army camp stuff building towards our do or die Semi Final battles where if you lose you die and tomorrow never comes

At Manly Winning is Like Breathing
Our lives should depends on it
2nd Best is not a Manly Thing
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Thank You @The Wheel for another inspiring Manly Media clip

I like the Seibold Military Character team Building

The New 2023 Resilient Manly Attitude
WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE DONE
YOU HAVE JUST BEGUN !

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
20230113_124805.jpg

I don't feel that Cousin's output as a Media Manager for Manly has been anything special @BOZO I would also say that the club has never really engaged properly with its fanbase, and has missed out on countless opportunities because of this. It would be nice to see Cousin's have a breakout season, in terms of fan engagement, in 2023 as well.
I used to enjoy listening to the Golden Eagles Podcast series, and cannot understand why it was dropped without any real explanation. Golden Eagles Podcast
The Manly Moments - Live from the Pines is another example of Cousin's starting something promising, and not continuing with it. 4 Pines Manly Moments
Personally, I would rate Cousin's output as a Media Manager as 5.5/10. Barely, a pass.

I don't feel that Cousin's output as a Media Manager for Manly has been anything special @BOZO I would also say that the club has never really engaged properly with its fanbase, and has missed out on countless opportunities because of this. It would be nice to see Cousin's have a breakout season, in terms of fan engagement, in 2023 as well.
I used to enjoy listening to the Golden Eagles Podcast series, and cannot understand why it was dropped without any real explanation. Golden Eagles Podcast
The Manly Moments - Live from the Pines is another example of Cousin's starting something promising, and not continuing with it. 4 Pines Manly Moments
Personally, I would rate Cousin's output as a Media Manager as 5.5/10. Barely, a pass.
Happy New Year @Eagles4Life

We are all entitled to our opinions feathered friend
No one can please everyone I understand that

As far as fan engagement goes My experience with our Most Passionate Manly Man Cuzzo is second to none . I am very big on Passion and I can sense that from a person and I found nothing Passive about Cuzzo attitude and work ethics at Manly

Cuzzo is all Passion and Heart and his Big Manly Heart is filled with admiration for our Club and its supporters its players and this is exemplified by the way you are made to feel very special being a Manly fan when you have the pleasure to meet him

The very Humble Cuzzo is dedicated to his Job as we regularly see his informative and inspiring Manly Media stories non stop through out the year

My ratings for Wayne Cousins would be
100% for Passion and dedication to our Manly club
100% for Passionate engagement with the Manly fans
100% for his great Passionate Manly Media Stories

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9