Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Happy New Year @Eagles4Life

We are all entitled to our opinions feathered friend
No one can please everyone I understand that

As far as fan engagement goes My experience with our Most Passionate Manly Man Cuzzo is second to none . I am very big on Passion and I can sense that from a person and I found nothing Passive about Cuzzo attitude and work ethics at Manly

Cuzzo is all Passion and Heart and his Big Manly Heart is filled with admiration for our Club and its supporters its players and this is exemplified by the way you are made to feel very special being a Manly fan when you have the pleasure to meet him

The very Humble Cuzzo is dedicated to his Job as we regularly see his Manly informative and inspiring Manly Media stories non stop through out the year

My ratings for Wayne Cousins would be
100% for Passion and dedication to our Manly club
100% for Passionate engagement with the Manly fans
100% for his great Passionate Manly Media Stories
Fair enough @BOZO

FB_IMG_1673582943029.jpg

Back on the topic of technology and forward passes . . .
I agree that the Bunker hasn't got the technology to accurately determine a forward pass, so why not revert to age-old common sense?
Somehow the Bunker can rule on a knock-on, a dropped ball/raked ball, a drop out crossing an invisible line in the sky etc, all without foolproof technology. They use their instinct and experience to adjudicate. They could use the same sensible principles when judging a forward pass.
Let's face it, some on-field forward pass rulings are comical and yet they can cost a team a match. The Bunker should be able to overrule a dodgy forward pass ruling when it's a howler. I don't see why forward passes are any harder to spot than the other aspects of play a Bunker can rule on.

I agree that the Bunker hasn't got the technology to accurately determine a forward pass, so why not revert to age-old common sense?
Somehow the Bunker can rule on a knock-on, a dropped ball/raked ball, a drop out crossing an invisible line in the sky etc, all without foolproof technology. They use their instinct and experience to adjudicate. They could use the same sensible principles when judging a forward pass.
Let's face it, some on-field forward pass rulings are comical and yet they can cost a team a match. The Bunker should be able to overrule a dodgy forward pass ruling when it's a howler. I don't see why forward passes are any harder to spot than the other aspects of play a Bunker can rule on.
I don't see why its so complicated. Microchip the ball, track the downfield speed (north/south speed regardless of east/west speed). If the downfield speed increases at point of release then it's a forward pass, if it stays constant or decreases then it's a legal pass.

I have a feeling these tests have been done and results dramatically conflict with what has been perceived as a forward pass for 100+ years. The powers that be have chosen to ignore the physics in order to not dramatically change the fabric of the game.

In some ways I agree and would prefer they change the rule to more accurately reflect the game, rather than the other way around.

A simple fix would be treat it as a kick so the receiver must be behind the passer at the point of release and continue to enforce the rule that it's illegal to propel the ball over a defender with your hands.

Last edited:
I do not agree with This comfort zone mentality if you lose a game there is next week isn't there ?
I don't agree with it either, and I'm sure the club doesn't as well - hence the Army camp team building effort.

I mentioned the 'job' stuff as something that has to be addressed. It wasn't an endorsement - I was writing about what too often is, but should not be.

Re the army camp stuff.

It's usually done to access both the conscious and unconscious 'what about me' feeling that we all have - and replace it with an instinctive 'team first - objective first' mentality.

In the heat of a contest, a player may think, 'I'm not doing the next hit up - I've already done plenty - and more than the guy next to me - and he's getting paid more than me, etc etc'. Or - a quick passing on of judgement on a team mate who has missed a tackle, and then thinking, 'we deserve to be behind - I wouldn't have missed that tackle, why can't such and such learn to tackle for a change, etc etc'.

Much of this occurs at an unconscious level. So they're trying to bring out a higher level of selfless commitment.

And - players have an endless supply of people around them reinforcing the idea that playing in the NRL is a 'business' - a job if you prefer. And hey, jobs are not life or death are they? If you lose a game, there's always next week isn't there?

If instead you make the team simulation about much bigger stakes, and put your team mates lives' in your hands as well, the idea is that you'll access a much better version of teamwork via the shared stress and trauma. The coaches probably think military-type simulations will resonate, and they're probably not as hard to organize as other things.

If the military metaphors are not working for you, think of a team in a busy Emergency Department, ICU or Operating Theater - you can communicate volumes with just a look across a very noisy room in a life or death situation (and I have). I would suspect that's the level of in-sync behavior the coaches are looking for.
The objective is obvious but given that most every club does it, where's the proof it actually works?

I think because a critical factor is how the ball leaves the hands rather than where to ball is caught, that's where the technology would be difficult.

@Woodsie sometimes your informative reactions hurt my feelings. If I dropped a fart that smelled like last nights dinner would you give it an 'informative'?

Not sure what you mean .... I assure you my reactions are genuine ... if a post gives me information or makes me look at an issue from a different perspective, i use the informative icon ... for me, the informative icon is simply an acknowledgement of this, without necessarily agreeing or disagreeing ....

Not sure what you mean .... I assure you my reactions are genuine ... if a post gives me information or makes me look at an issue from a different perspective, i use the informative icon ... for me, the informative icon is simply an acknowledgement of this, without necessarily agreeing or disagreeing ....
Informative @Woodsie

Sarcastic Oc GIF

However, I think we need an additional "informative" emoji that conveys the expression in this gif.

I don't see why its so complicated. Microchip the ball, track the downfield speed (north/south speed regardless of east/west speed). If the downfield speed increases at point of release then it's a forward pass, if it stays constant or decreases then it's a legal pass.

I have a feeling these tests have been done and results dramatically conflict with what has been perceived as a forward pass for 100+ years. The powers that be have chosen to ignore the physics in order to not dramatically change the fabric of the game.

In some ways I agree and would prefer they change the rule to more accurately reflect the game, rather than the other way around.

A simple fix would be treat it as a kick so the receiver must be behind the passer at the point of release and continue to enforce the rule that it's illegal to propel the ball over a defender with your hands.
I love this idea of simply requiring the passee to be behind the passer at the time of release. So, much simpler to adjudicate on.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting another informative Manly Media news clip @TheWheel

Tommy Turbo is very optimistic on this medical procedure and he is looking forward to coming back to being his best formidable force

Tommy is very Grateful for the opportunity that our club and generous long term sponsor Shaw and Partners has given him .

I was most of all Impressed with Tommys Grateful Gratitude Attitude

People that start to take things for Granted start becoming self entitled people
Self entitled people think they are bigger than our Legendary club
They think they are bigger than the centre of their world that prompts them up

No one is bigger than the Glory of our Legendary club
Without our Manly club there would be no Manly players or Manly supporters
The Sooner we all accept this fact and embrace this Gratitude Attiude
The sooner we would all feel Blessed that we are lucky to belong to the Greatest club of All
Any North Sydney Bear supporter Reading this will understand what I mean

The More Grateful we all are
The More Beauty in the Manly Sea eagles we all see

R.e1ce807b194645d2d9196c94e1deb917

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8