Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst I agree with your comment re competent clubs,the club already has a player manager there with too much influence in Tartak.On the to do list that Mestrov was assigned upon his appointment,amongst others things that he has already achieved,was to rid the club of Tartak’s power.Hopefully he doesn’t have to add rid the club of Moses’ power,to that list,in years to come.Be careful which journo you read/take notice of,as their stories will biased towards whichever manager they get their inside info from
Meanwhile is the Kentster managed by the Calabrian robot, Mario Tartak? No mention in the article first posted by The '47ers of Super Mario’s influence:

Meanwhile is the Kentster managed by the Calabrian robot, Mario Tartak? No mention in the article first posted by The '47ers of Super Mario’s influence:
Not sure what camp Kent is in,but he is on the Fulton side of the fence and Scott Fulton is a close associate/friend with Mario Tartak

Bit of news in this:

Lucrative 3 year deal tabled to Koula
Flanagan won't be joining the club (club only were interested for the remainder of this year)
Club has started negotiations to re-sign Taniela Paseka.

Bit of news in this:

Lucrative 3 year deal tabled to Koula
Flanagan won't be joining the club (club only were interested for the remainder of this year)
Club has started negotiations to re-sign Taniela Paseka.
Great news on all fronts and boy didn't we need it.

With an upgraded Brookvale (including expanded corporate facilities), more money flowing in from the NRL and an upward trend in memberships, we should be able to do away with the Brisbane ‘home game’ farce.

Wankfest Round or not.
Seems even Wayne Cousins agrees with you...

"The records also reveal how important home ground advantage has been over the years for both clubs.

At the Broncos' home ground of Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane have won 15 of the 25 games played there to Manly's 10.

At Brookvale, the Sea Eagles have won 10 of the 16 games played there. Brisbane has won five. The last time Brisbane played at Brookvale was in 2014, with Manly winning 16-4.

With an upgraded Brookvale (including expanded corporate facilities), more money flowing in from the NRL and an upward trend in memberships, we should be able to do away with the Brisbane ‘home game’ farce.

Wankfest Round or not.

I think I read somewhere recently that this was the last year. Let’s hope so.

I think I read somewhere recently that this was the last year. Let’s hope so.
There has been speculation that Mestrov (who has stated publicly that he is opposed to it) is pushing for that.

Presumably Penn is onboard as well. Even Mr Obtuse might have noticed that a revenue sugar hit does not compensate against the increased risk of conceding two competition points.

Last edited:
There has been speculation that Mestrov (who has stated publicly that he is opposed to it) is pushing for that.

Presumably Penn is onboard as well. Even Mr Obtuse might have noticed that a revenue sugar hit does not compensate against the increased the risk of conceding two competition points.

That’s right. It was ok when the Brisbane team was weak but not now. In any case nearly all home games at Brookie are sellouts this year.

Josh Aloiai hasn't had much luck when it comes to Magic Round success on the field but if his efforts off it are anything to go by, the Sea Eagles forward is most suited to the weekend than all.

Aloiai is a self-taught magician in his spare time, a talent fitting ahead of his side's clash against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in what will be his second Magic Round appearance after injuries struck in 2019 and 2021.

While the 27-year-old won't be able to use his magic card skills to influence victory on Friday night, he is often the one to turn to when a deck of cards is on a table around his teammates.

"I do a little bit of card magic," Aloiai told NRL.com.

Gutho & Jake - The Swoop 27 April 2014

Clinton Gutherson and Jake Trbojevic are the latest hot prospects to roll off the Sea Eagles production line and into the NRL.

"From Harold Matts we played together so getting to debut together was a massive honour and just a privilege", Gutherson said. Growing up playing against each other, together and then coming into the top grade which was both our goals was definitely very rewarding", Trbojevic agreed.

The pair enjoyed their first taste of NRL football in round 26 last year and for Gutherson, a try on debut has left him hungry for more. That was one of the best feelings ve ever had, the 19-year old said. It was just crazy. Everything went silent. I just got up and looked back and all the boys were coming in. I won't forget that.

For 20-year old Jake. the highlight of his fledgling career may still be a few years away. Younger brother Tom is a highly-rated fullback in the National Youth Competition and they both have aspirations of establishing NRL careers together. "Definitely it'd mean a lot. It's a dream of Tom's to play first grade too so to play together would be great, but you know there's a long way to go, a lot of work to do but hopefully one day", Jake said.

Big things are predicted of the Trbojevic brothers and many are hoping they can emulate the brilliant careers of Manly's other famous siblings, Glenn and Brett Stewart. "That'd be good but it's very far off. They've played a lot of first grade and it's very far off but that'd be nice to do that one day I guess", he said.

In keeping with Manly's tight knit culture Gutherson and Trbojevic are great mates but admit they have also had their moments while playing for their respective clubs. We had a fair bit of rivalry at Cromer and Mona Vale. We didn't really like each other, Gutherson revealed. There were a few iffy moments but I think it was always fun.

Manly's senior NRL Stars have already anointed the pair to lead the club to more successful years in the future. "They should be here for a long time", Watmough said. "They believe in what we've built over the last 10 or 12 years and they've bought into it. They love the culture here and they'll be the next quys driving what we've built."

Gutho & Jake - The Swoop 27 April 2014

Clinton Gutherson and Jake Trbojevic are the latest hot prospects to roll off the Sea Eagles production line and into the NRL.

"From Harold Matts we played together so getting to debut together was a massive honour and just a privilege", Gutherson said. Growing up playing against each other, together and then coming into the top grade which was both our goals was definitely very rewarding", Trbojevic agreed.

The pair enjoyed their first taste of NRL football in round 26 last year and for Gutherson, a try on debut has left him hungry for more. That was one of the best feelings ve ever had, the 19-year old said. It was just crazy. Everything went silent. I just got up and looked back and all the boys were coming in. I won't forget that.

For 20-year old Jake. the highlight of his fledgling career may still be a few years away. Younger brother Tom is a highly-rated fullback in the National Youth Competition and they both have aspirations of establishing NRL careers together. "Definitely it'd mean a lot. It's a dream of Tom's to play first grade too so to play together would be great, but you know there's a long way to go, a lot of work to do but hopefully one day", Jake said.

Big things are predicted of the Trbojevic brothers and many are hoping they can emulate the brilliant careers of Manly's other famous siblings, Glenn and Brett Stewart. "That'd be good but it's very far off. They've played a lot of first grade and it's very far off but that'd be nice to do that one day I guess", he said.

In keeping with Manly's tight knit culture Gutherson and Trbojevic are great mates but admit they have also had their moments while playing for their respective clubs. We had a fair bit of rivalry at Cromer and Mona Vale. We didn't really like each other, Gutherson revealed. There were a few iffy moments but I think it was always fun.

Manly's senior NRL Stars have already anointed the pair to lead the club to more successful years in the future. "They should be here for a long time", Watmough said. "They believe in what we've built over the last 10 or 12 years and they've bought into it. They love the culture here and they'll be the next quys driving what we've built."
Thanks for brightening our day.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8