Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Spoiler - todays Wordle answer below. :)
Capture.JPG

He was/is listed in his player profile at 101 kgs, and yet in the article he says that he is 107 kgs.

Hopefully that is an extra 6 kgs of muscle that he's added while he's been off - I would hate to think that Saab is known on a first-name basis at his local KFC............

If he can run as fast as he has - and is now 107 kgs - he many become our team's 'brand new weapon'
It gives me hope its not KFC given the interview he did not long ago when he talked about wanting to make more of an impact from the back. Maybe Seibold is the new Killer Footy Coach!

Thank you for posting @The Wheel

A great day made possible to meet our Manly Heroes and be part of the exciting fun atmosphere
Good chance to meet all players and staff!! I wonder if any Silvertailers will introduce themselves to Cuzzo??

Interesting...

Any team which deliberately locks the ball in the scrum to trap defenders in an off-side position will also be penalised.

and.............................

Referees will issue a single call of “held/release” when a tackle is complete, rather than the separate calls of “held” and “release”. The change will address unnecessary slowing of the play-the-ball and improve game continuity.

-good luck with that.
See if you'll penalise serial 'slow the play the ball down' proponents, storm.

'Tries will now be awarded if the ball rotates from the hand to the wrist or forearm'
I can't wait to see the reaction first time a player touches down using his elbow @:D

Still got the short whistle for fulltime? @:D

The most contentious issue in RL is the forward pass yet you can't challenge it, and the Bunker can't rule on it.
The NRL has done nothing to rectify the issue, yet it comes up with a series of mind-numbingly minor changes to issues that don't have nearly as much impact in a match as forward pass tries/non tries.

The most contentious issue in RL is the forward pass yet you can't challenge it, and the Bunker can't rule on it.
The NRL has done nothing to rectify the issue, yet it comes up with a series of mind-numbingly minor changes to issues that don't have nearly as much impact in a match as forward pass tries/non tries.
Bizarre, when everything else is taken into account and when the technology is available

when the technology is available

But is the technology available? The forward pass is not defined by the motion of the ball but by the movement of the passer's arms, in effect.
Ball-tracking in cricket is a bit controversial but at least they can track the path of the ball for 20m including how it deviates off the pitch. Without some remote measurement of the direction of the passer's arms the actual path of the ball after it leaves is not determinative.
May as well go with a ref's judgment call (and also get linesmen to make calls if they are in position?)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8