Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have worried and thought about this all night. Waking up this morning I have realised how proud I am that my club who I have supported for 52 years is going to wear a jersey that many of our supporters support either as individuals or via friends/family.Let’s recognise the team members who are playing and hopefully enjoy a great win over the chooks. I have been in a same sex relationship for 17 years and don’t identify myself under any certain category just under the category of being very lucky to have found my soul mate for life. Go Manly ❤️🦅

I see Des is allegedly supporting the Sit Out Seven and their decision not to play. What is everyone's take on that ??
Not a good sign, I think the mentality and culture is wrong when you have a playing group hold the club to ransom.

Some very good players there and highly talented, but if the CEO was strong enough he would draw a line through the lot of them.

I don’t support the club in trying to rake in revenue with the rainbow jumper but the threat to sit out games is not good.

How about the marketing team expose themselves instead of hiding behind these releases. The 7 players didn’t deserve to be put in this situation, they’re not the ones at fault.

Sack the marketing team.

How about the players just wear the farkin jersey and do their job.

If distancing themselves from pride and inclusivity in the name of religion is so important, then collectively release a statement saying they don't support the message, then play footy. These blokes should have enough respect for their teammates, their fans, and the club to do what they are paid to do. Our season is on the line.

any society that takes tax money from gay people and distributes it to organisations to teach young minds that gay people are an abomination is not teaching equality at all.

we have just become so comfortable with this type of craziness that people are bind to what bigotry is

maybe not the players but the feel on here is bad. It still reeks of people crying over losing a result with gay marriage and exercising there hate gland

if your gay, christian, crazy, your rights are the sane. Enjoy the life you choose just dont expect, or push for others outside your chosen club into your lifestyle. Ever.
in australia we must understand gay rights are constantly being eroded by a government propping up christianity and other religious hate groups while flying a rainbow at the same time.

yesterday i felt quite proud when i read about the jersey. Today ……….its awful on here IMO .

religion needs to lose its tax exempt status and should be barred from teaching hate for others in any school that accepts public money. They can teach what they like if the stump up the coin, if its voulntary, but public money and exemptions should not be part of the problem and clearly it is

How about the players just wear the farkin jersey and do their job.

If distancing themselves from pride and inclusivity in the name of religion is so important, then collectively release a statement saying they don't support the message, then play footy. These blokes should have enough respect for their teammates, their fans, and the club to do what they are paid to do. Our season is on the line.
You can’t force them to wear a jersey that promotes a political message. When they signed their contracts their uniform was maroon and white, they play for all parts of the community in those jerseys.

You’d think the players would’ve have been consulted but I think they were scared because they knew it was going to be controversial, so they just released it and hoped for the best. Amateurs.

Can anyone name another job where the staff decide on their own uniform/ or hold their employer to ransom?!
LOL I have worked in global corporate and public sector procurement for 25 years across all sorts of categories some on the surface seemingly a hell of a lot more sophisticated than uniforms, however uniforms are the biggest pain in the arse you could imagine when it comes to keeping everyone happy. I wish it was as black and white as some posters portray. Our management is so naïve in thinking they did not need to consult etc as most employers realise whilst they can likely force something like this upon their employees things like morale and engagement are critical. Believe or not people do sweat the seemingly small stuff.

Not a good sign, I think the mentality and culture is wrong when you have a playing group hold the club to ransom.

Some very good players there and highly talented, but if the CEO was strong enough he would draw a line through the lot of them.

I don’t support the club in trying to rake in revenue with the rainbow jumper but the threat to sit out games is not good.
If the Interim CEO had performed in a thoughtful, competent manner, he would have consulted with the coach, players, et al, before kicking this unnecessary own goal.

The media are already sharpening their knives and preparing the club in crisis narrative and the split in the camp yada yada yada. You know the routine.

If we don't perform on the field soon we'll be the story of the final few rounds like the Dragons were last year after the BBQ. It'll soon snowball is we lose a few.

Interesting times ahead.

You can’t force them to wear a jersey that promotes a political message. When they signed their contracts their uniform was maroon and white, they play for all parts of the community in those jerseys.

You’d think the players would’ve have been consulted but I think they were scared because they knew it was going to be controversial, so they just released it and hoped for the best. Amateurs.
No, they don't. This is the crux of it. They do not play for the LGBTIQ community. If they did, we would hear the LGBTIQ voice in our clubs and teams. LGBTIQ and supporters would feel safe and accepted to express themselves. Alas, they are invisible, hidden, in the shadows. As soon as we try to give them a voice, players walk out. That is not the behaviour of people playing for EVERYONE. That is homophobic behaviour hiding behind a convenient belief system as an excuse.

Last edited:
I can’t put into words how sick this whole thing has made me feel

I felt immense pride yesterday when I saw what we had planned to do…. Nows it’s a mess

So here are my thoughts;
1. Someone hasn’t done their job in terms of consultation of the team. Whilst I don’t agree with their stance, they should have been consulted
2. Do these players refuse to wear the jersey, or refuse to play for a club with a stance like this? I’m confused. I’ve read some posts abt the Muslim AFl player that refused to wear rainbow laces - correct me if I’m wrong - she still played the game and represented her club and community, but didn’t conform to opinion. Why not let these 7 players play in a jersey without the rainbow, and let them explain themselves and promote conversation between parents and children about the topic? Surely that would be a reasonable putcome
3. If Manly back down and remove the jersey, I’ll be put into a bad position. I don’t think I can support a club that is held to ransom by a few ‘short term’ team members who I do not believe represent the majority of society or Manly fans. If they DO represent Manly fans…. Then I’m no longer able to support the club. I already struggle with SportsBet/gambling advertising in the sport and our club…. I struggle with cheats, lyers and women-bashers playing for our club…. This would be another mail in the coffin of me supporting the club. I wish it wasn’t… I hope it isn’t….

Today and the next couple of days are about more than beating the roosters.

I hope we find a good outcome

Next weeks jersey should support womens right to chose what they do with there bodies. Aussies support texan women jersey Maybe.

Imagine if next home game, the manly crowd split into 2 , one half supporting the the selective superjesus contingent and the other half cheering on the puddys devils of acceptance.

whoever politicised this is a genuine dick head and should be thrown from the game. This is past beliefs and has done more harm in 60 seconds than every crack smoking drongo has done over the last decade.

israel falou was also politicised To death.

if god truely does work in mysterious ways , walk the walk .how the **** are we at yes/no days out from the game if intentions are good

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8