Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Open training session at Brookie this morning, quite interesting. Members were invited to submit questions to the coaching staff. The approach to 3 in a tackle was explained, also the issues about our right side defence, where to play Schu, and selecting young players in general were all candidly expounded. Nah, just kidding!

Still, it was good to sit in the new Bob Fulton area for a while. Unfortunately it was the only part of the ground not bathed in sunshine, so it was freezing,
lol.

Saw Manase, looking big. Parks was there but just observing. The boys are pretty good at catching tennis balls.

Positive mood evident, so Wests are in for a flogging tomorrow!
I had an invite but couldn’t make it. Was it worthwhile?

I had an invite but couldn’t make it. Was it worthwhile?
I think any chance for fan engagement is worthwhile. Could always be better organised but I know from someone who had that role (not with Manly) that's not alwasy easy, especially if you have a footy dept focussed solely on ... footy! Which it's hard to be critical of, lol.

Open training session at Brookie this morning, quite interesting. Members were invited to submit questions to the coaching staff. The approach to 3 in a tackle was explained, also the issues about our right side defence, where to play Schu, and selecting young players in general were all candidly expounded. Nah, just kidding!

Still, it was good to sit in the new Bob Fulton area for a while. Unfortunately it was the only part of the ground not bathed in sunshine, so it was freezing,
lol.

Saw Manase, looking big. Parks was there but just observing. The boys are pretty good at catching tennis balls.

Positive mood evident, so Wests are in for a flogging tomorrow!
It was certainly freezing! Nice they gave us brekkie but felt sorry for the poor bloke doing the coffees. Cuzzo did a good job hosting and the players certainly did seem upbeat.
Nice to hear a bit from Donny and ... oops forgot his name ... general manager of football.
Yep Manase is a bit of a big chap at present but it was lovely to see the surprised smile on his face when he got that big cheer. He was genuinely thrilled.
I was a bit surprised Turbo wasn't there, given that Lawton and Parker were and I was actually kinda shocked that DCE didn't attend - sure he's out tomorrow but he is the club captain!
One other minor thing is they could gave got someone on the mic to explain to the kids what the drills they were doing was all about.

It was certainly freezing! Nice they gave us brekkie but felt sorry for the poor bloke doing the coffees
Coffee machine had broken before I got mine :(
Karl Lawton looks way bigger close up than I realised. Obviously hasn't had his op yet. Such crap luck for the guy.
My first up close look at the new stand, it is good 👍👍👍

Except if Manly is ever playing a game at 9am in winter - sit in the Jane Try, or the Arko, or the Beaver stand, or the hill @:D

Coffee machine had broken before I got mine :(
Karl Lawton looks way bigger close up than I realised. Obviously hasn't had his op yet. Such crap luck for the guy.
My first up close look at the new stand, it is good 👍👍👍
First time for me too and it was really impressive. Lawton really surprised me too! But then again they're all VERY BIG BLOKES!!

It was certainly freezing! Nice they gave us brekkie but felt sorry for the poor bloke doing the coffees. Cuzzo did a good job hosting and the players certainly did seem upbeat.
Nice to hear a bit from Donny and ... oops forgot his name ... general manager of football.
Yep Manase is a bit of a big chap at present but it was lovely to see the surprised smile on his face when he got that big cheer. He was genuinely thrilled.
I was a bit surprised Turbo wasn't there, given that Lawton and Parker were and I was actually kinda shocked that DCE didn't attend - sure he's out tomorrow but he is the club captain!
One other minor thing is they could gave got someone on the mic to explain to the kids what the drills they were doing was all about.
We could hire the same guy to explain wtf they are doing on game day too. Imagine the silence when Keppie hits it up in pouring rain off the kick-off and tries to pass it off to lose possession on the very first set of the match…

Did you get a sense of how much time they spend actually using the CoE?
Didn't really get a sense of much at all tbh. Players just went straight out to the middle and did a very light pre game chuck a tennis ball and a few kicks kind of workout. Then they came back over our way for a group photo opportunity and some stayed for over the fence autographs then disappeared. Des mumbled thanks for coming just before the photo. Donny was asked a question about what a typical week looked like but, despite talking a lot, didn't really give much description about what and where.
Looking back, it was a great opportunity to give members a bit of behind the scenes insight, a bit of bang for their buck if you like, but it really was a fly on a distant wall with dim sims thrown in kind of exercise.

Lots of our players involved for one rep side or another, well done to all but I guess not many will be getting a rest in Bye round.

I wonder who will captain Samoa, no standout so far as I can see?

Lots of our players involved for one rep side or another, well done to all but I guess not many will be getting a rest in Bye round.

I wonder who will captain Samoa, no standout so far as I can see?
Interesting that the Samoan selectors decided against picking the Samoan representatives in the NSW Blues team so that the players wouldn't have to chose between SOO and their heritage.
It's a mighty strong Samoan squad regardless. Imagine them -- and Tonga -- at full strength. As I've stated before, these two nations at full strength would probably beat Australia and New Zealand (without their Pacifica players).

I wonder who will captain Samoa, no standout so far as I can see

Possibly Aloiai or Tevaga?

Interesting that the Samoan selectors decided against picking the Samoan representatives in the NSW Blues team so that the players wouldn't have to chose between SOO and their heritage

After beating both Australia & NZ in recent times, I think Tonga are strongly pressing their case to be upgraded to Tier One. It makes sense that they always select strong sides

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4