Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the latest LC newsletter.

I hope this is of interest as it’s vital that our FC/LC arrangements remain viable as an alternate ‘Centre of Gravity’ to whomever the private owners might be:

da9f4994-cbe2-91fc-8e32-37e2f05b0b2f.gif
In July we will be officially amalgamating with Dee Why Bowling Club!
It is with great excitement we welcome the members of Dee Why to the Manly Leagues community and share in the exciting opportunities we have to offer.
Dee Why Bowling Club already has some fantastic offerings each week for all members to enjoy, such as Trivia every Thursday from 7pm, Friday night raffles from 5:30pm which is then followed by the chance to win up to $5,000 in their Friday Night Jackpot members draw.
038addac-3c7f-5241-11c8-31c447d56482.jpg
While not a short journey to get to this point, it has already proved rewarding. This timeline shows the progress we have made in this joining thus far.

Worth it to see the great Alan Thompson alone. Legendary player in attack and defense, local junior, one of the best passes of the ball we have seen.

From the latest LC newsletter.

I hope this is of interest as it’s vital that our FC/LC arrangements remain viable as an alternate ‘Centre of Gravity’ to whomever the private owners might be:

da9f4994-cbe2-91fc-8e32-37e2f05b0b2f.gif
In July we will be officially amalgamating with Dee Why Bowling Club!
It is with great excitement we welcome the members of Dee Why to the Manly Leagues community and share in the exciting opportunities we have to offer.
Dee Why Bowling Club already has some fantastic offerings each week for all members to enjoy, such as Trivia every Thursday from 7pm, Friday night raffles from 5:30pm which is then followed by the chance to win up to $5,000 in their Friday Night Jackpot members draw.
038addac-3c7f-5241-11c8-31c447d56482.jpg
While not a short journey to get to this point, it has already proved rewarding. This timeline shows the progress we have made in this joining thus far.

It's a pity it's not Dee Why RSL. They are very powerful and successful.

From the Penn press release re:Tony Mestrov’s appointment as CEO:

“As a past Manly player and long term Northern Beaches resident, Tony deeply understands the unique DNA of the Sea Eagles and our local community.”

Last time I checked, the Penns don’t live on the NB and possibly never have. So WTF are they doing ‘owning’ our club?;)

And is this an inadvertent admission that Yoghurt Features, his mum and dad, plus Gary ‘Wolfman’ Wolman, do not ‘deeply understand’ the DNA of the SEs and the local community?

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles community partner The Burdekin Association will now have the ability to provide more young people across the Northern Beaches and Inner West of Sydney with essential learn-to-drive hours and support thanks to Sea Eagles corporate partner FleetPartners.

Established leaders in vehicle fleet leasing and fleet management for small and large businesses, as well as novated leasing for Australian consumers, FleetPartners have generously provided a dedicated vehicle for Burdekin’s existing learn-to-drive program, which to date, has relied on staff and volunteers lending their own vehicles.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles community partner The Burdekin Association will now have the ability to provide more young people across the Northern Beaches and Inner West of Sydney with essential learn-to-drive hours and support thanks to Sea Eagles corporate partner FleetPartners.

Established leaders in vehicle fleet leasing and fleet management for small and large businesses, as well as novated leasing for Australian consumers, FleetPartners have generously provided a dedicated vehicle for Burdekin’s existing learn-to-drive program, which to date, has relied on staff and volunteers lending their own vehicles.
Is a Burdekin a Turducken stuffed into a bird? Possibly an eagle?

Saying all the right things.

"not only want to help our players improve their rugby league knowledge and skills, but also want to do our part in helping to produce respectful, community-minded and balanced young men. It goes beyond just being a skillful footy player as character and conduct matters.”

Nice to hear Koula acknowledge the help Jorge has given him too.

Last time I checked, the Penns don’t live on the NB and possibly never have. So WTF are they doing ‘owning’ our club?;)
Passion of the Penns Perspective time

I do not think you understand the Power of Passion feathered friend Tezza

Without Passion you may as well be dead where ever you live
Without Passion you are a body with no soul

Last time I checked I never lived on the Northern Beaches But My Passion and Love for the Manly club goes beyond where I live but what I love

Last time I went to 4 Pines Park to our last game against the Warriors
Mr Penn was at the game accompanied by a sexy blond making his way up the Bob Fulton stand

Mr Penn is Manly Passion Personified

1654823037115.png

Last edited:
Open training session at Brookie this morning, quite interesting. Members were invited to submit questions to the coaching staff. The approach to 3 in a tackle was explained, also the issues about our right side defence, where to play Schu, and selecting young players in general were all candidly expounded. Nah, just kidding!

Still, it was good to sit in the new Bob Fulton area for a while. Unfortunately it was the only part of the ground not bathed in sunshine, so it was freezing,
lol.

Saw Manase, looking big. Parks was there but just observing. The boys are pretty good at catching tennis balls.

Positive mood evident, so Wests are in for a flogging tomorrow!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6