Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done Froggy

Yes look - you have to take your hat off to him - he has played every week with heart and determination. He might not be the most crestive hooker out there but given our lack of players who play with heart and desire every week... we need more Crokers, Jakes, Parkers and Garricks. A team full of all effort players is far far better than a team of flashy wannabes and week in week out will give you a huge chance to win and they will always be competitive.

Captain material right there.

Plays for the team, not even playing in his preferred position for the team, leads by example, and never gives up.

We don't need big $ rep player to be our captain.

We need a player with composure and guts.

Frogs got both but our big 3 don't.
He does tend to drop the ball or botch a pass at times, I suspect if we had a L'Estrange type to come on and relieve him in games he woudn't lose concentration like that. Definitely a favourite player, and his courage and determination was plain for anyone to see even back in his first few games at 5/8 years ago.

Congratulations to Zac and Gordon .May you both keep rising like Great Eagles and help lift our Legendary club back to greatness

On behalf of our Manly forum I would like to extend Gratitude for all the Great media work By our Great Media Man Cuzzo who relentlessly through out the season and off season works hard to bring the fans all club news .

Threre is never a week that goes by without Cuzzos stream of Media articles

Thank you also to the @The Wheel for posting them on our Forum

All that is Left now is for us to Live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of excellence

And Lift the Mighty Sea eagles to the top of the Pinnacle of the NRL Crest ( not crust )
To where we proudly belong

May all Manly people live up to our Legendary clubs Greatness in 2023

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:
Are you saying Turbo lacks composure & guts?
Guts no Composure yes.

This year he rucked it up the middle with some tough carries. So tough when your the games best individual player, the hit ups bordered or kamakasi stupid.

And that's a big issue. Is Turbo best served being this teams battering ram? With the added weight of being captain and leading by example, is he going to show his bravery even more and be out injured even more?

Does Captaincy turn Turbo the games best attacking player, into the circle spinning, all or nothing play, on every play, player that has been DCE's weakness.

Jake? Love his passion, guts, but again composure? Jake either likes to piss the ref off or just lacks the maturity or discipline to not give the ref a spray everytime he gives dumb ruck penalties away.

This year Croker lead by example with the tough stuff just as much as Jake.

Moving forward, Is a Croker better position to reunite the Waring parties? He is someone not on a million dollars a year for a start.

Then add if Jake was the one who gave all those afraid of rainbow a piece of his mind on how disappointing it was to be desserted on the field without them in the battle against the Roosters. Is any turbo being made C really even on the cards as being a man capable to bring our Waring tribes back to being one!

Guts no Composure yes.
This year he rucked it up the middle with some tough carries. So tough when your the games best individual player, the hit ups bordered or kamakasi stupid.
He was doing this at the start of the season, but much less in his most recent games. The usual meaning of 'guts' is courage. Turbo has oodles of this - putting his body on the line in tackles & taking high kicks under pressure. In another thread, I gave these reasons why I think Turbo would be the best captain:

Today I was thinking the best choice for captain would be Turbo. He is the superior player in the team, everyone looks up to him, he can lead by example, he can produce special plays if necessary, he would rev up the team and he hates losing. Also, he has high footy IQ & I think he would develop the ability to change team tactics on the run. If he was appointed captain as early as next season, I think it would be a universally popular move. Jake could be his vice captain (as back up)

Last edited:
Andrew Davey... you just can't understand how in a team of non performers - especially in the forwards that we are letting go a heart and soul player who is also just a high quality individual. What an absolute farce from our club and our recruitment team.... yet another in a litany of farces!

Andrew Davey... you just can't understand how in a team of non performers - especially in the forwards that we are letting go a heart and soul player who is also just a high quality individual. What an absolute farce from our club and our recruitment team.... yet another in a litany of farces!

Totally agree, he is certainly not a super star, however considering we have signed virtually no forwards for next year, why hasn't he been offered another 12 months.
Our cap can't be that out of whack that we can't get yo 30 players without 8 of them on minimum wage.

Not sure why he wasn’t signed,whether he was asking too much or the club just didn’t want him but from the outside looking in,he appeared to be a Des type player and was selected every time he was available,so this appears to be a recruitment/retention committee decision and not of Hasler’s doing.Davey mustn’t of had the right manager making threats to get him a new contract

Not sure why he wasn’t signed,whether he was asking too much or the club just didn’t want him but from the outside looking in,he appeared to be a Des type player and was selected every time he was available,so this appears to be a recruitment/retention committee decision and not of Hasler’s doing.Davey mustn’t of had the right manager making threats to get him a new contract
yes yes lol - maybe he needed to threaten he wanted to play 5/8 and then they might have kept him. What an absolute shambles!

Totally agree, he is certainly not a super star, however considering we have signed virtually no forwards for next year, why hasn't he been offered another 12 months.
Our cap can't be that out of whack that we can't get yo 30 players without 8 of them on minimum wage.
I still think we will have a massive roster turnover ... with some releases but gee we needed to keep him - one of the very few who had a red hot go every week.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting @The Wheel

Another great club article by our Great Media Manly Man Cuzzo who always puts a positive spin to our Legendary club

Congratulations to the lovely Shelley O’Malley for her great Manly achievement

May all at our club follow her lead and lead our Legendary club to greatness once again !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I saw this on the Sea Eagles website:

Doug Daley Memorial Club Person of the Year Award
1994: Owen Cunningham, 1995: Cliff Lyons, 1996: Des Hasler, 1997: Geoff Toovey, 1998: Craig Hancock, 1999: Steve Menzies, 2000: Warwick Bulmer, 2001: not awarded, 2002: Steve Menzies, 2003: Chad Randall, 2004: Albert Torrens, 2005: Luke Williamson, 2006: Chris Hicks, 2007: Michael Monaghan, 2008: Mark Bryant, 2009: Greg Alexander, 2010: George Rose, 2011: Michael Robertson, 2012: Joe Galuvao, 2013: Brett Stewart, 2014: Brenton Lawrence, 2015: Josh Starling, 2016: Brenton Lawrence, 2017: Jake Trbojevic, 2018: Joel Thompson, 2019: Glenn Moore, 2020: Rod Valdes, 2021: Toafofoa Sipley, 2022: Shelley O'Malley

Look at 2009.
??? - can anyone fill me in there or is it a misprint?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8