Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Tooves but anyone who has watched the situation over the last 5 years would have to say that we are a club in decline - our roster has had less puff each year since 2011. The board has been a mess and the ownership regime under Quantam and Max (with Penns) was not as rosy as some suggest.

I would like to think a fresh start and less politics will be good to reestablishing the club - because not many of us would like a repeat of what was dished up this year.

I love Tooves but anyone who has watched the situation over the last 5 years would have to say that we are a club in decline - our roster has had less puff each year since 2011. The board has been a mess and the ownership regime under Quantam and Max (with Penns) was not as rosy as some suggest.

I would like to think a fresh start and less politics will be good to reestablishing the club - because not many of us would like a repeat of what was dished up this year.
Toovey is not to blame. Even Hasler would not challenge for the premiership with Manly's 2015 forward pack.

I don't think Toovey is to blame either. He was caught in the crossfire. He leaves with his dignity intact and remains as a club legend. Here is hoping a fresh start bodes for good times ahead. Bozo is right in there and he is Manly through and through - the most competitive person I ever met!!

Even on NRL 360 tonight,Tooves was dignified. He has had plenty of chances to bag the club,but he hasn't .He left with his dignity intact, and that to me says what a true legend he is
He also left with his full pay packet for next year too. I'd be pretty silent if I was having a year off with full pay

He also left with his full pay packet for next year too. I'd be pretty silent if I was having a year off with full pay
I would leak details to my mates in the newspaper business and run a long campaign of attacking those who had wronged me and dragging the club throuh the mud with disregard for the image of the club, all while shoving as many pies into my mouth as i could. Knowing that i was protected by my in-laws.

I would leak details to my mates in the newspaper business and run a long campaign of attacking those who had wronged me and dragging the club throuh the mud with disregard for the image of the club, all while shoving as many pies into my mouth as i could. Knowing that i was protected by my in-laws.
Toovey showed grace not to say anything and Penn showed class to pay him out in full . Lets give credit were its due and lets move on to 2016 and look forward to competing for the premiership again
Get_Over_It_Eagles.jpg

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
Toovey showed grace not to say anything and Penn showed class to pay him out in full . Lets give credit were its due and lets move on to 2016 and look forward to competing for the premiership again
View attachment 2287
Yes give credit where it is due but also call out the wrong doers when they deserve to be called out.
I have no opinion of Barrett yet because there is nothing to base my opinion on, he has done nothing in Manly colors, I have not heard from him, no mission statement or other. He is the 2016 coach and thats all we know.

I support he players and the coaching staff that i hear from like Donny Singe and David Heath who are currently working.

View attachment 2287
I'm wondering if your employer sacked you, then tried to not pay you your legal entitlements, and sought to "negotiate" a significantly lower figure, then forced you to employ a lawyer to get your payout - whether you would think your employer "showed class" during that process? Especially when, during that entire process, your employer acts divisively, seeking to paint a picture of you publicly as a failure.

Going a different path is one thing, doing it with class is another.

I'm wondering if your employer sacked you, then tried to not pay you your legal entitlements, and sought to "negotiate" a significantly lower figure, then forced you to employ a lawyer to get your payout - whether you would think your employer "showed class" during that process? Especially when, during that entire process, your employer acts divisively, seeking to paint a picture of you publicly as a failure.

Going a different path is one thing, doing it with class is another.
We failed to make the semi finals for the first time in a very long time and that unfortunately was a failure . If I didn't perform and my boss sacked me I would also require a lawyer to assist me in getting a full payout as well

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2