Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is too good to be true lol. It would be amazing to have an owner who is passionate about our club and culture and would not talk but get things done and not rip to shreds what we all value so much. We need an owner who leads us rather than divide us.

This doesn't make sense. The Penn's have been involved for long enough to know that a football club is just a money pit. It's not like they've just bought in, got their hands dirty, then found out there's no money to be made. They've finally got complete control, have structured the club how they want it, and now they want to sell???

This story is either complete BS, or there is much, much more to it.

This doesn't make sense. The Penn's have been involved for long enough to know that a football club is just a money pit. It's not like they've just bought in, got their hands dirty, then found out there's no money to be made. They've finally got complete control, have structured the club how they want it, and now they want to sell???

Agree. They had what - like 50% of the club before? Surely that would have given them an idea of the costs involved in running the place. And considering they only gained control in October last year this is just a nothing story or they are getting squeezed for cash (which again doesn't make a great deal of sense considering the leagues club sale)

Last year when we made a loss of about 1 million that money was funded completely by quantum. The way they have stuffed up this year I would expect penns are having much debt to finance at the end of this year.

Prap the Penns are deeply invested into the Chinese Stock market (hope so). But this further destabilization cannot be good for the club, in general.
But will we, as fans. be sad if Penn and Joker are forced to sell ?

hmmmm last home game for a club legend who has been forced out against the wishes of many...I wonder who has something to gain by this story coming out

So the conversation reported last week between owners and the NRL confirmed to the Penn's they do not have head office support to up-and-move the Sea Eagles out of the Northern Beaches/Sydney catchment?
Maybe.;)

If this is factual, I wonder how our current coach feels?

Could also be more IO warfare coming from the FC/Delmege-aligned people.

Prap the Penns are deeply invested into the Chinese Stock market (hope so). But this further destabilization cannot be good for the club, in general.
But will we, as fans. be sad if Penn and Joker are forced to sell ?
Dunno. The old stuff online kind of makes out that a lot of Penn Health's income was linked to the Biggest Loser which as a TV franchise has gone down the toilet.

I wonder if these hard headed businessmen had their Alan Bond moment with selling the Leagues club and hoped to have another one by investing in all those shops/units etc. that they were going to have in their Brookie development plan and they've now realised that that ain't never gonna happen?

Dunno. The old stuff online kind of makes out that a lot of Penn Health's income was linked to the Biggest Loser which as a TV franchise has gone down the toilet.
It is back for another season

I honestly can't remember a start of a season where we haven't had controversy, destabilising turmoil or haven't been headlines fodder. Here we go again, timing is perfect for a, are they or aren't there selling the farm. Can't we just stabilise the ship, all get on and motor in the one direction for a common cause.

I honestly can't remember a start of a season where we haven't had controversy, destabilising turmoil or haven't been headlines fodder. Here we go again, timing is perfect for a, are they or aren't there selling the farm. Can't we just stabilise the ship, all get on and motor in the one direction for a common cause.
For me? Not if it means the Penns. I 100% believe that while they are there we will never have stability. Just my (not enough to buy the Club) 2 cents worth.

For me? Not if it means the Penns. I 100% believe that while they are there we will never have stability. Just my (not enough to buy the Club) 2 cents worth.

As long as there are two "side" (one being the FC and the other being the majority owner) this will always be the case

As long as there are two "side" (one being the FC and the other being the majority owner) this will always be the case
That would suggest that the FC are negative to and about everything and everyone. Surely this can't be the case?
I certainly hope not because that would mean there will never be peace and we may as well chuck it in now.

TV Show was just a part of it. The biggest loser is actually tied to the online weight loss program he runs. Which sells and is managed globally. The TV show also has a global footprint.

I believe he has interests in many other areas, and is a shareholder of many other weight loss companies.

I've met Scott a few times in social circumstances and always liked him, being this far away from brookie I now am somewhat disengaged from all the politics and am just happy to be watching football. However I will say that some decisions have been made that were forced into the Penn family hands not made because they wanted to make them, beyond that some other things that in current terms may seem sad for us fans has also been made, but I think we will look back with hindsight and think, yup that was the right call.

The club needs a new era, we are currently sitting stoking the dying embers of the Hasler golden period, and starting to stagnate badly, so a new era and change needs to come in and I am happy that the club is actually trying something and trying for a new coaching style and era and adapting to the current way football is being played. The old formulas are no longer working so we need to adapt with them

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6