Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In today's Big League magazine:

Club For Sale.... The Penn family haven't been slow in making changes at the Sea Eagles since they gained control of the club at the end of last year, but now Big League understands they'll be willing to sell up if the right money comes along from a consortium. Former owner Max Delmege is one investor who wants back in, but he told this magazine in March that he'd never deal directly with Penn. He did however believe he had enough contacts to raise the funds and strike up a deal.

$100 bucks each lets do it !

I'm Willing to Throw in a K to get this started.

Hmm, i hope it's not some underlying issues with the club they don't want to be found out for. Depending on how desperate they are to sell?

I thought they were in it for the long haul? The Penns strike me as the loyal, humble and honest types with the way they have gone about things since gaining majority control :p

Just think - new owner - no more Zorba
If that were to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to toady, lickspittle and browntongue (or all three at once) his way back onto the FC Board. In the finest traditions of Uriah Heep - Zorbiah Heep* (of sh-t). Somehow I doubt they would have a bar of him.

*I'm not very 'umble, Master Tooveyfield!

Last edited:
Isn't Marwan Koukash the british billionaire after a NRL club. I remember reading he was looking to buy here cause he already owns a ESL club (salford I think) and is turning them around.

BIllionaire owner with a keen interest in RL, could be good.

Another day another de-stabilizing story "leaked" about the club. Amazing how some are happy to apply critical thought to some "news" but not others

Isn't Marwan Koukash the british billionaire after a NRL club. I remember reading he was looking to buy here cause he already owns a ESL club (salford I think) and is turning them around.

BIllionaire owner with a keen interest in RL, could be good.

Don't know about turning them around, he is throwing plenty of money into the place but the culture sounds awful, and he is always in the press talking rubbish and 2 of his players are looking to sue him for payment breaches. He is one to stay well clear of

Don't know about turning them around, he is throwing plenty of money into the place but the culture sounds awful, and he is always in the press talking rubbish and 2 of his players are looking to sue him for payment breaches. He is one to stay well clear of
Does he own Parramatta as well?

I'm waiting for something else to happen or someone else to get sacked by the weekend.
It seems the Penns and Zorba throw smoke screens up to divert the attention elsewhere.

In today's Big League magazine:

Club For Sale.... The Penn family haven't been slow in making changes at the Sea Eagles since they gained control of the club at the end of last year, but now Big League understands they'll be willing to sell up if the right money comes along from a consortium. Former owner Max Delmege is one investor who wants back in, but he told this magazine in March that he'd never deal directly with Penn. He did however believe he had enough contacts to raise the funds and strike up a deal.

So the conversation reported last week between owners and the NRL confirmed to the Penn's they do not have head office support to up-and-move the Sea Eagles out of the Northern Beaches/Sydney catchment?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2