climate change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Religion has been done to death around here, and more than once, but it's an oldie and a goodie so threads and comments will continue to pop up, and rightly so.

Meanwhile, for a current issue for the world in this day and age, who is a believer and who is a denier?
Think of it like a grand final prediction, after about late July- early August. In other words, in my opinion there is ample evidence on which to make your pick.

At the end of the season/year/world we will all know who was right, but don't be shy to pipe up!

To kick it off, I'll volunteer my opinion which is Duh, of course! Man-made factors are causing the current dramatic rate of climate change, with disastrous effect. I'm sure you all agree :)

Unsustainable Global warming and temperature thresholds that if unabated could then drastically change weather patterns seems the bigger concern then any evolving climate change pattern . Very large scale [ or any ] renewable energy and alternative energy sources still seems the key and a lot less current deforestation around the globe will help matters big time also Not just idealistic suggestions and very doable and the unfortunate reality is that some countries are more focused on political considerations then humanitarian priorities [ and i certainly do not identify with general Green politics , just human and animal and vegetation future preservation ]

It was just as hot in the summer of 57 100deg, for the entire school holds it seemed.
Summer of 69,Tassie burned, I was a Firefighter at Richmond RAAF Base and was deployed to the Leura fires, just to mention a couple of things.
Solar flares don't help.
Climate change is a cycle.

I believe you will quickly find that Climate change is a new religion .....
I think that's the intention and hope of this thread anyway :p

It was just as hot in the summer of 57 100deg, for the entire school holds it seemed.
Summer of 69,Tassie burned, I was a Firefighter at Richmond RAAF Base and was deployed to the Leura fires, just to mention a couple of things.
Solar flares don't help.
Climate change is a cycle.
Solar flares do not have any impact on temperature. However it is likely that longer term fluctuations can e.g Maunder Minimum - Wikipedia
One of the main factors is the Earth's orbit around the Sun - which can give a cyclic nature to the idea of climate change (I'm talking about milankovitch cycles rather than seasons here). But this can and is taken into consideration when climate scientists are looking at data and models.
And yes, this does show that climate can be linked to external factors. But we can also see from research and evidence that CO2 levels and temperature have a definite correlation. We also know that CO2 levels and the rate at which the level increases has been rising since the industrial revolution. Climate science is incredibly complex and we may not know the entire story or what the final outcome would be - but isn't that reason enough to show caution?

To be honest, what pisses me off the most right now is the knee-jerk reaction from people along with the marketing that companies are now using to exploit the reaction. E.g. I will buy a new electric car so that I can help save the planet but completely ignoring the fact that the energy and resources used to create that car can do more damage than getting the most of your existing one. Or, I'm going to put a butt-load of solar panels on my roof (with significant environmental cost to produce) without any consideration of simply reducing power consumption.

Last edited:
Religion has been done to death around here, and more than once, but it's an oldie and a goodie so threads and comments will continue to pop up, and rightly so.

Meanwhile, for a current issue for the world in this day and age, who is a believer and who is a denier?
Think of it like a grand final prediction, after about late July- early August. In other words, in my opinion there is ample evidence on which to make your pick.

At the end of the season/year/world we will all know who was right, but don't be shy to pipe up!

To kick it off, I'll volunteer my opinion which is Duh, of course! Man-made factors are causing the current dramatic rate of climate change, with disastrous effect. I'm sure you all agree :)
Im getting worried...I find myself agreeing with you more often than not. Should I be worried?

Experiencing some extreme heat recently reminds me that, like everything else, the NRL will be affected by climate change, and possibly in a big way.
The recent grand final in Sydney was apparently the hottest on record. Pre-season training and even competition start and end dates will probably all have to be adjusted at some stage.
Larger bodied players might be phased out and replaced by lighter more mobile ones (aside from those with outstanding motors, like Haas.) Maybe more replacements will be allowed? Or playing games in quarters, instead of halves.
Just crystal ball gazing, but I recall there's already been cases of players suffering heat stroke during summer training, and that's likely to happen more, not less.

Experiencing some extreme heat recently reminds me that, like everything else, the NRL will be affected by climate change, and possibly in a big way.
The recent grand final in Sydney was apparently the hottest on record. Pre-season training and even competition start and end dates will probably all have to be adjusted at some stage.
Larger bodied players might be phased out and replaced by lighter more mobile ones (aside from those with outstanding motors, like Haas.) Maybe more replacements will be allowed? Or playing games in quarters, instead of halves.
Just crystal ball gazing, but I recall there's already been cases of players suffering heat stroke during summer training, and that's likely to happen more, not less.
Considering the lack of day games might not have as much of an impact? But not will on how they manage preseason although the cowboys must have been dealing with it for years?

Human activity is just speeding up a natural process and like all extremes it will induce an opposite effect to counter itself "is how i see it"/imho.

It is promoted in a deceitful manner from both sides for obvious gain.

Don't mind this topic. Appears that human intervention (greenhouse gas emissions) is having an adverse effect.
But who is doing it?
Perhaps the protesters laying across streets in Australia should lay across the streets in the countries that are easily the biggest offenders?

Also:

1702189694807.jpeg

But who is doing it?
Perhaps the protesters laying across streets in Australia should lay across the streets in the countries that are easily the biggest offenders?
Bob, it's us - Australia is doing it. On average each Aussie is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the average citizen of anywhere bar Saudi Arabia (in a photo finish)
This graph was published a week or so ago, I'll find a link to the article

1702191772950.png

But who is doing it?
can't find the particular article but this info has been public knowledge for yonks and is not disputed.
It just puts a different slant on the issue of 'who are the biggest polluters?'
The other question which is highly relevant (to a lot of the world, anyway), is: which countries are historically most responsible?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4