cleal GONE !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
PRESS RELEASE - CLEAL RELEASED

29/03/2006

By Manly Sea Eagles

The Manly Sea Eagles today granted a release to 22 year old forward Kane Cleal to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Cleal's accountant Peter Tracey recently sought a release from Manly in a bid to further Cleal's career in the NRL. Manly CEO Pat Wilson said Cleal was given permission for his management to test the market after the young backrower felt he could get better opportunities to progress his ambition to play NRL on a more frequent level with another club.

"Kane has expressed high regard to the Manly club for the professional manner in which his request for a release has been administered” Wilson said.

Cleal has played 14 NRL matches with the Sea Eagles after making his debut against Canberra in 2004. As a result of negotiations this week the Manly club was approached by South Sydney with a firm offer and as of today Kane Cleal has been released to the Rabbitohs.

Cleal will be available to play for South Sydney from this weekend.

still got plenty of years left in him, but he never really kicked on from his promising junior days.

One less slow forward around the ruck

That is a shock! Unbelievable. We have released Heckenberg and now Cleal out of last year's squad. If we lose any of our main props we are in trouble - we saw last year the impact of players like Curtis and Morwood!

Kane didn't live up to the potential he showed at Parra but he is only young and Props often take some years to develop.

I wonder what role Crusher takes on this? Will it affect the already diminishing prospects of signing the Lion????

What I want to know is:

Who was the drunken official that let news of this slip at the Leagues Club on Saturday night?

Any guesses?

Big mistake. We're talking about a guy with plenty of size, who has plenty of aggression, and best years are in front of him. How many guys do we have at the club like that? Can't believe my son signed with the Bunnies behind my back. He's grounded.

Big mistake. We're talking about a guy with plenty of size, who has plenty of aggression, and best years are in front of him. How many guys do we have at the club like that? Can't believe my son signed with the Bunnies behind my back. He's grounded.

Thats gold.

He wants to play NRL NOW I guess, not in 2010 with Manly. Hopefully Sione get a proper go.

It would be interesting to know whether we have to pay any contract difference $ wise to Souths. Was he part of the first grade squad re salary cap considerations or not.
Posters knowledge on this would be of interest, can anyone help!!

I sure anyone can listen to the radio in Sydney too Sherlock!! Give us your next big tip before it is announced!!

good news is sione should get back to PL

Once Rose and Arnold are fit again cleal was back to the bench anyway.

I must admit schlock did say before the start of the season that we were looking to release p/l players

First Hecks, then Alberts, now Cleal. Who's next? That is around conservatively $300K we have saved (if we didn't have to pay anyone out). We must be well under the cap and should have plenty to throw at somebody. What is going on. I hope we are looking at boosting the forward stocks.

Jamesie

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4