Choc will get a few weeks!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 said:
Most papers are saying the origin game is counted as one of the 4. Who knows the truth?

I'm not sure either Shoe1 but would love to know the answer.
Anyone?

What does Thurston get for elbowing Reynolds in the head, then, ripping that elbow back and forth 3-4 times, THEN head-butts him (albeit very slightly)?

0 weeks.

If he played the SOO III match he wouldn't be available to play the Canterbury match (& therefore couldn't be suspended from it) so it is 4 either way.

Since the McKinnon tackle there has been multiple successful downgrades but what do ya know, the first unsuccessful attempt is a Manly player! No wonder Manly usually doesn't bother fighting the charge.

Clint said:
Shoe1 said:
Most papers are saying the origin game is counted as one of the 4. Who knows the truth?

I'm not sure either Shoe1 but would love to know the answer.
Anyone?
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/06/19/watmough_to_miss_four_weeks_.html

Anthony Watmough’s bid to downgrade a grade two dangerous throw charge has been unsuccessful and he will miss the next four games through suspension.

Watmough fronted the NRL judiciary on Thursday night in a bid to get his dangerous throw charge on Nate Myles downgraded, however the unsuccessful challenge will see him miss four games for Manly, making him ineligible for the third game of the State of Origin series.

An early plea would have seen Watmough slapped with a three game ban, however the Sea Eagles backrower now won’t return until round 19 against St George Illawarra on Monday, July 21 at WIN Jubilee Oval.

Due to carryover points and loading, Watmough was going to miss three weeks minimum if he accepted a straight early-guilty plea, but he will now miss four weeks after being found guilty.

Plus he won't get $30,000 for SOO #3 - a moot point to the Judiciary :mad:

Bradza said:
If he played the SOO III match he wouldn't be available to play the Canterbury match (& therefore couldn't be suspended from it) so it is 4 either way.

Fair point Bradza

I heard a snippet of this on the radio news today. I got the back end of Tooves going off about some officials being out on the beers celebrating instead of supporting one of their players. Anyone know what is about? I can only assume NSW officials not assisting/supporting Choc.

Garts said:
I heard a snippet of this on the radio news today. I got the back end of Tooves going off about some officials being out on the beers celebrating instead of supporting one of their players. Anyone know what is about? I can only assume NSW officials not assisting/supporting Choc.
but what a disgrace,no NSW officials there last night at the hearing,like they were for Reynolds,just the club officials,tooves and Perry arent impressed either

Ryan said:
What does Thurston get for elbowing Reynolds in the head, then, ripping that elbow back and forth 3-4 times, THEN head-butts him (albeit very slightly)?

0 weeks.

What does he get for calling the refs cheats in a press conference?

0 weeks.

And people say the NRL is inconsistent...

Chip and Chase said:
4 weeks / games does seem harsh for that when compared to others. All we want is consistency isn't it ?

But they are being consistent, well, consistent towards any Manly player or coach. That Manly Loading is constantly applied and that is the reason why I think that Tooves, the club & players don't bother pushing points further with the NRL management as nothing will ever change and that Manly Loading will still be applied and we as a club will only be worse off if we do question or challenge them.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Jason King vs Tigers getting a shoulder charge suspension has been the season's highlight so far. Outstanding effort from the NRL.

The 430 update on the nrl site for "ins and outs" has choc named. Seems they came to their senses and are letting him play. Either that or their website is total bs.

Jethro said:
Chip and Chase said:
4 weeks / games does seem harsh for that when compared to others. All we want is consistency isn't it ?

But they are being consistent, well, consistent towards any Manly player or coach. That Manly Loading is constantly applied and that is the reason why I think that Tooves, the club & players don't bother pushing points further with the NRL management as nothing will ever change and that Manly Loading will still be applied and we as a club will only be worse off if we do question or challenge them.
icon_rolleyes.gif
and maybe because of the uproar after Reynolds got off,and now that the SOO has been decided,they are making Choc the scapegoat,which still sucks bigtime

Shoe1 said:
The 430 update on the nrl site for "ins and outs" has choc named. Seems they came to their senses and are letting him play. Either that or their website is total bs.

Total bs, Shoe.

Watching Fox now...

Choc ain't playing mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7